Sponsored by:

2006 price check?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 12:21 PM
nkelley
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike,

Yes you are right, when I got to him he was at $49,900. He originally started at $55K which was a fair asking price, but he stated that after three months he was tired of dealing with tire kickers who had him jump through hoops as far as inspections, and in the end couldn't come up with the money!!!!

Needing the money, he took my offer! Fib, not exactly, I just didn't give the entire history down to the details because it wasn't necessary. If you allegedly saw the car, you know that 55K would be a realistic asking price. And yes I paid 45K which also included some minor issues to be resolved at the Porsche dealership as well! Sorry dude you should of jumped all over this one!
Old 04-23-2012, 01:33 PM
jfoxny
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fakebreakr
Another great place besides cars.com and autotrader to look for my future Porsche. Thanks!
FYI - It searches porsche, autotrader, cars.com, ebay motors, hemmings and rpm motors so you don't need to. It's my site.

Jason
Old 04-23-2012, 06:52 PM
mgordon18
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by nkelley
Mike,

Yes you are right, when I got to him he was at $49,900. He originally started at $55K which was a fair asking price, but he stated that after three months he was tired of dealing with tire kickers who had him jump through hoops as far as inspections, and in the end couldn't come up with the money!!!!

Needing the money, he took my offer! Fib, not exactly, I just didn't give the entire history down to the details because it wasn't necessary. If you allegedly saw the car, you know that 55K would be a realistic asking price. And yes I paid 45K which also included some minor issues to be resolved at the Porsche dealership as well! Sorry dude you should of jumped all over this one!
On the contrary, I'm glad the car went to a good home.

I must admit that I was pretty bummed out when I emailed Derek, money in hand, and he told me there was another buyer already locked and loaded. But I have no regrets about the car I eventually got, even though it was...ahem...almost $9K more expensive for the same MY. However I did end up with a CPO and an options package I'm extremely happy with.

I think the real victim in all this might be Derek himself - my first offer was going to be much closer to his $49.9K asking price!

I never saw the car in-person, but I was willing to get down to MD, have the PPI done and drive it home same-day. I think you beat me to it by a week.

I have still yet to see another clean MY06+ Carrera S in that car's price range. I think you just got lucky with the right seller at the right time. Good on you.

Drive it like you stole it, because you practically did!
Old 04-23-2012, 09:50 PM
jakes dad
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jes999
I thoroughly reject this generalization. An intelligent buyer and a good PPI will prove out the condition of the car. Especially with the ability to look at over revs in various ranges and other diagnostic info from the computer I believe that the # of owners is not a real important factor. It is great to get a one owner car and be able to size them up, but it is often not possible. Another thing with sports cars, especially in certain very affluent markets, is that people often buy them as 3rd or 4th cars and seldom drive them. There are a lot of "I always thought I wanted a Porsche (or Ferrari, or Aston, or whatever) and now I can afford one" buyers who quickly tire of either the manual tranny or the ride or the low seating position and sell the car after a year and a couple of thousand miles once it is out of their system.
I'm in total agreement..

Quick Reply: 2006 price check?