Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A little more Red accents,

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 07:20 PM
Aerokitted
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To each his own. Don't get when stitching became an aesthetically pleasing thing. The less noticeable the better for me.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:48 AM
David Weiss
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The belts and stitching are terrific. The red mats and rear seat cover makes my eyes hurt and bleed a bit. Black mats with red piping is as far as I would take it with the red thing. All red tail lights are pretty cool too. IMHO. To each his very own.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:34 AM
Farfelc2s
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

What Red mats are you talking about?
Old 07-02-2012, 12:09 PM
Tcc1999
Three Wheelin'

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Deviated stitching orders are extremely complex--most dealers have no clue how to help because Porsche's options lists are so extensive. You were fortunate to find a competent shop who could do all of that so well. Excellent!
Dan, I totally agree that many dealers don't know the entire list of options for all models. I've seen the dealer books (not a big secret) that list codes for all the options are they are voluminous. But I would think that if you are going to pay for deviated stitching you'd inspect and sit in a similar showroom model and make some detailed notes on where the stitching is, what you want and then have the sales guy pore over the books to find the codes (and if he can't find them, call PCNA or Stuttgart). To emphasize your point about dealers and options, after you gave me the paint code for TB and I gave it to my sales guy and neither he nor his parts department couldn't find it (they could only come up with the code for a turquoise metallic). I told him it was an old Porsche color and he called Germany to confirm (which they did in very short order).

By the way, nice job on the exhaust tips!

Quick Reply: A little more Red accents,