Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AWE Exhaust...VS PSE VS Tubi

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 03:35 PM
Rocco07
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Curious as to what it might sound like with the center muffler retained and the side mufflers eliminated.
Any kits for that?
Old 08-11-2012, 04:32 PM
dustinr
Instructor

I have the full AWE system with headers and cats, etc...
Sound wise, it's very nice...at idle it has a really deep burble but it's not annoying. Then under acceleration it sounds like a GT3 but shift into 6 and cruise and it's quiet, no ressonation inside at all. Best of all worlds. I would say it's more subdued than a lot of other systems I've heard so if you want loud all the time then don't get the AWE. I had those systems in the past and found myself craving the stock silence on road trips... This AWE system fits my bill perfectly. It sounds awesome on acceleration, kind of reminds me of what all of the OEM's are doing now with the sound symposer systems where they pipe the sound into the cabin for the driver but keep it quiet on the outside.

Drove the new Focus ST which had that and it worked great. This AWE system is sort of like that. I don't think it really does anything noticeable to power though, if anything, it may screw up the throttle response a bit from low rpms when you are just starting out...seems like I read lots of threads where guys with 997's with aftermarket exhausts have problems with stumbling or hesitation in low rpms... I'm one of those people too. So sometimes stock just works best.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:16 PM
jgoga
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

I opted with Fister Exhaust and had the ceramic coating done on both the mufflers and cats. The exhaust should be here next week.

John
Old 08-12-2012, 04:10 PM
swajames
Racer

Darin Fister did the modification on my stock mufflers and it sounds excellent. There really is no better bang for the buck than a properly done Gundo.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:13 PM
Rocco07
Racer

It begins. I just ordered the Sharkwerks bypass last night, 2010 C2S. Easing myself into the mods. Swore I wouldn't do it anymore after the M3 was sold. Yeah right..
Other than the exhaust note, (previous 997.1 owner) I like just about everything on the car. Hopefully, I won't need to go any further than the bypass to get to sound like the former.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:25 AM
wanderingwheelz
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I installed my FD (Fister) Motorsports mufflers yesterday and all I can say is WOW.
In combination with my Sharkwerks I think I have found the perfect sound. And what makes it even better is there is no "downside" since it is practially stock in sound at ordinary RPMs. Once you hit 3k though, things get very aggressive sounding. Heads turn. Trust me.

I took good pictures of the mufflers before I installed them if anyone wants to see a few.
Also, I'm in Lower Delaware if anyone is nearby or visiting the beach. I'd be glad to let you take a listen.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:55 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by wanderingwheelz
I installed my FD (Fister) Motorsports mufflers yesterday and all I can say is WOW.
In combination with my Sharkwerks I think I have found the perfect sound. And what makes it even better is there is no "downside" since it is practially stock in sound at ordinary RPMs. Once you hit 3k though, things get very aggressive sounding. Heads turn. Trust me.

I took good pictures of the mufflers before I installed them if anyone wants to see a few.
Also, I'm in Lower Delaware if anyone is nearby or visiting the beach. I'd be glad to let you take a listen.
Yes, please post pics of the FD Motorsports "muffler mod" for those who are 1) unfamiliar with the "muffler mod" itself or are 2) unfamiliar with the quality of Darin's welding skills.

That would be a great resource for future reference.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:40 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 730 Likes on 400 Posts

I have the AWE Cross pipes and just did the full exhaust muffler system about 3 weeks ago. Also added a full AWE air filter set up too. Sounds great. Not too loud or drone but definitely more than stock but civilized and refined when I need/want it. Just need to drive the dang thing more often.
Old 10-22-2014, 12:38 PM
richard181
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On my 997.2 X51 I added the Sharkwerks center delete pipe and agree it is marginally better. I have PSE and it still seems a bit tame to me.

Can I get Tubi or other side mufflers and keep the PSE working.

Quick Reply: AWE Exhaust...VS PSE VS Tubi