Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 108 Posts

Congrats! Welcome and YES we do need to see some pics
Old 09-29-2012, 11:56 AM
cvtbenhogan
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Thanks everyone for the welcome.

Here are a few pics the day after the 900 mile trip from Maine to Chicago. After a quick hand wash. The front plate bracket is now off and the four drill holes really don't bother me too much. Maybe bumper plugs.

Surprisingly, the firmness of the car did not bother me in the least. Learned much about the controls in around two hours of driving, such as NAV (which is good), left control stalk for the chrono and other buttons. After 11 hours a stop at a Ohio hotel for a rest. Being so excited, this turned into a 3 hour nap and I was off again for Chicago. Loved hearing the engine fire to life the morning.

Since the car didn't have plates at the time, I kept the speed down but did open her up now and then. The car can really go and is great for the freeway. As I'm driving, its just amazing how nice the interior is. Panning across the dash and gauges out to the side mirrors is a treat every time. Plus a peek back at the rear humps. Just awesome. Porsche nailed the cabin. The only thing I missed was a BMW like I-drive **** for changing the radio or switches on the steering wheel. I'm over it.

I'll post some notes about how the car drives shortly. Lets say I love it. Its just a pleasure to see every morning to see her in the garage. Those lovely curves in silver, the low slung hood, and two round 911 headlights. Just have to reach out and touch it.

Attached Images      
Old 09-29-2012, 01:47 PM
swajames
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cvtbenhogan
She is here and what Beauty. After years of looking with a good number of near misses, I found a perfect car. 2006 C2S manual in fab condition. Dealt with a great rennlister Neil Kelley in buying the car and really enjoyed a 900 mile trip back from his home out in Maine to Chi-town.

Car is a joy to drive and the only changes to do are installing new rock guards. The car is so darn tight and well built. It makes my BMW feel so pedestrian and large.

Currently practicing my manual shifting every day and my wife now has a daily car service.

pics to follow.
Congrats CVT! Nice to see you posting here and even better to see you in a Porsche after your E60!

Quick Reply: 997 Finally!!!!!