Sponsored by:

Sema Porsche -- goPro Camera

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 10:06 PM
GregGH
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sema Porsche -- goPro Camera

going thru SEMA show last week ...watching for how many Porsche's showing ... saw a video on Porsche ...(damm - can't find the actual video they were showing ... ) amazed at clarity and lack of shutter/vibration ... had never really hear of GoPro camera's ...

So ...listened to young CEO do talk and noticed they were offering a $100 coupon off for NEW Hero3 camera .... listed 2 e-mails ...so I have an extra one ... first come - first serve ... use coupon SEMA-1B7T ... and save $100 ... of course i spend $100 in extra camera mounts ... this coupon is only good for one sale ...

I have no relationship with GoPro ...apart from me buying my first camera .. in anticipation of my 997.2 ... offer if good for about 5-6 more days and it expired ...

Enjoy

ps - not many Porsche's at SEMA ..but maybe I can post some PICs as time permits ...

Greg
Old 11-07-2012, 10:29 PM
GregGH
Intermediate

thinking -- here are conditions ... details form the e-mail with the coupon ...

Terms & Conditions:

Promotion expires 7 days from date sent.

You must complete your purchase on gopro.com using the one-time coupon code provided. The discount is good for a single-order only; after its first successful use you will not be able to place additional orders at a discounted price level.

Customers with shipping addresses outside of the USA are fully responsible for any and all import duties, customs/brokerage fees, and taxes. Import duties, customs/brokerage fees, and taxes will NOT be included in your order total.

WARNING TO CUSTOMERS OUTSIDE OF THE USA: Import duties and taxes can be as high as 40% of your order total! Please check with your country's customs authority for any further information.

Limit one (1) HD HERO3: Black Edition camera or Silver Edition camera per customer or organization. Promotional discount applies only to the HERO3: Black Edition camera or Silver Edition. No substitutions or exchanges allowed. Other than products listed above, all other GoPro products are available for purchase at standard, non-discounted, retail pricing. Promotion may not be combined with any other offer. Offer is void where prohibited.

ALL SALES ARE FINAL.

Any violation of these terms & conditions--or any attempt to circumvent them--will result in cancelation of all orders: (1) associated with your personal webstore login; (2) associated with your email address; and/or (3) associated with the device from which you submitted your order.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:04 PM
Devil Boy
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Is there anyway to go to SEMA without being in the "industry". I've always wanted to go.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:55 PM
Mark Harris
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Done....Thanks Greg! Worked perfectly and included free shipping.

CHDHN-301 HERO3: Silver Edition 1 HERO3 Silver Edition $299.99
DISC_PRODEAL Prodeal Discount ($100.00)
Total $199.99

Consider your extra discount code null and void
Old 11-08-2012, 01:34 AM
paddyh
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Devil Boy
Is there anyway to go to SEMA without being in the "industry". I've always wanted to go.
I went in 2011 as part of the SEMA Opinion Leader Program. Not sure if this was a one time thing, but allowed non-industry folks to attend. This program required you to participate in some specific events and evaluate products. Massive show - but VERY focused on parts for cars versus cars themselves, although there was some cool stuff to see.

Looks like this section of the show was not planned for 2012, and thus the approach may be no longer available

http://www.sema.org/?q=node/6156
Old 11-08-2012, 02:38 AM
hakaida702
Racer

Originally Posted by Devil Boy
I live in vegas and have a hookup with a friend that works for the company that does the setup for most of the major conventions so I get passes every year. Your best bet is to find a friend who is the owner of some car related business and have him register for you.

There really isn't much porsche stuff at all. If you don't mind looking at a lot of american muscle cars and cars that are more exotic than a porsche then you might like it.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:30 AM
GregGH
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Mark Harris
Done....Thanks Greg! Worked perfectly and included free shipping.

CHDHN-301 HERO3: Silver Edition 1 HERO3 Silver Edition $299.99
DISC_PRODEAL Prodeal Discount ($100.00)
Total $199.99

Consider your extra discount code null and void
Glad someone got to use it ... sorry I only had one extra ...

ps - talking about SEMA ... the best Porsche display I saw was .... http://www.akrapovic.com/en/pages/default.aspx ... they has a 911 up in air and chance to get underneath ( of course to see their exhaust systems ) ... quite fancy literature ...

also saw a Porsche car cover ...that if you looked quickly you would think it was a race car ... ...have pic's at home .... but imagine a car cover with logo's and etc ... cute.

Mind you - most of you go to see the women ...:-) Only us OLD guys go for the cars.

Greg
Old 11-08-2012, 01:11 PM
Little Green
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 47 Posts

I work in the industry and have been going to SEMA for 13 years. I believe it was 2 years ago that they opened entrance to the public just on Friday(last day of the show) believe it is $50 or so.
It's worth every penny. The cars are amazing.
Also outside the hall are probably 150-200 cars that anyone can walk by and see as they are basically taking up the thru street at the CC.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:49 PM
Petroguy
Advanced

DOH! Missed it. Congrats Mark. I would have jumped on this if I had seen it in time.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:07 PM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts

There are some 2012 SEMA pics posted on the front page of mbworld.org, second article. Sadly most of the shots have people in the way
Old 11-08-2012, 08:57 PM
GregGH
Intermediate

here are a few 911's shots from SEMA

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8607936...oto_3591723907

Greg
Old 11-08-2012, 10:11 PM
Devil Boy
Racer

Originally Posted by Little Green
I work in the industry and have been going to SEMA for 13 years. I believe it was 2 years ago that they opened entrance to the public just on Friday(last day of the show) believe it is $50 or so.
It's worth every penny. The cars are amazing.
Also outside the hall are probably 150-200 cars that anyone can walk by and see as they are basically taking up the thru street at the CC.
I'll have to pay better attention next year and go on the general admission day if they have it.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:25 AM
GregGH
Intermediate

I can NOT find the Porsche video GoPro was showing at SEMA ...this is close ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...v=P8_SGPCMtK8#!

what blew me away was the lack of vibration in the images ... more Porsche video links anyone ?

Greg
Old 11-09-2012, 10:11 AM
Little Green
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 47 Posts

Devil,
It's always Firday(last day of the show). The nice thing is some vendors will sell their samples on the last day as it's better than packing them. I bought a set of black double walled dual exhaust tips for my car for $80 cash.
You know how much they cost online. It's obscene.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:40 PM
Devil Boy
Racer

Originally Posted by Little Green
Devil,
It's always Firday(last day of the show). The nice thing is some vendors will sell their samples on the last day as it's better than packing them. I bought a set of black double walled dual exhaust tips for my car for $80 cash.
You know how much they cost online. It's obscene.
Thanks! I'll make a note of that for next year.

Quick Reply: Sema Porsche -- goPro Camera