Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

worth the money.....what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 10:34 AM
PaulieB
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default worth the money.....what do you think?

this low miler didn't make reserve....dealer called and wants $70k.....ive offered $65. Have i been too generous? I have to pay TX taxes and shipping - so that will add another couple of grand I guess. What do you think?

thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2dr-C...t_49805wt_1165
Old 12-20-2012, 11:27 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

If you live in Texas you'll have to pay taxes (6.25%) no matter what you buy. If you're an out-of-state buyer, I don't believe you pay Texas taxes and if you do they should be credited in your state of registration. Good looking car.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:33 AM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 372 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by PaulieB
I have to pay TX taxes and shipping - so that will add another couple of grand I guess. What do you think?
You don't pay Tx taxes unless you register it there. Nice car and $70k is below market, at least in CA where I live (assuming no accidents). dave
Old 12-20-2012, 11:38 AM
PHX 911
Official Rennlist Snake Slayer
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought my current car in Houston from an individual - no taxes.
that is a very nicely optioned car with low miles.
My guess is you won't get it for $65k, so no, you're not too "generous".
I would also suggest you don't let a grand or 2 get between you and the car of your dreams.
That's a nice car, right there....
Old 12-20-2012, 12:10 PM
PaulieB
Cruisin'

thanks you guys...if i get the call-back....I will hit it! Happy Holidays everybody
Old 12-20-2012, 01:44 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 249 Likes on 220 Posts

this low miler didn't make reserve....dealer called and wants $70k.....ive offered $65. Have i been too generous? I have to pay TX taxes and shipping - so that will add another couple of grand I guess. What do you think?

thanks

Plug the VIN into a google search and check out the hits.

Car was offered for sale in Hemmings -- date/timeframe unknown -- for $58K and apparently didn't sell.

I tried to view the info at Hemmings but am not a member.

The car has been offered for sale from other places too.

Based on what my 30 second investigation turned up there's a suggestion of a story associated with that car. Maybe.

Do your research!
Old 12-20-2012, 04:32 PM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Quite often a carfax will show if the car has passed through different dealers, auctions etc. Not always, so further research may be required as Macster suggests.

It looks like a nice car, well optioned, and the low miles are nice. Check on warranty expiration, see how much (if any) is left, service history, etc. with your local dealer.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:56 PM
GregGH
Intermediate

Hi
look at this car ....
http://www.walterspreownedcenter.com...71e6ae4f77.htm

Been for sale for 97 days ...
Price History
$11,907 price drop
Sep 17: $79,900
Dec 2: $68,993
Today: $67,993 >>>> Internet Price $66,991 <<<<<<

Just to compare ..

when you do buy -- please -- post you info on this thread for the help of those who follow ( and me )
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...ices-paid.html
Thanks
Greg

Last edited by GregGH; 12-20-2012 at 10:02 PM. Reason: forgot link for prices paid thread
Old 12-20-2012, 10:09 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

really just depends on if the car is right for you - nobody can decide for you

for me, I'd never have a convertible or gray/silver - but some love it and have to have it - that changes everything

it's all personal opinion
Old 12-20-2012, 10:17 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

thanks

Looks great from the photos Paulie, but your gonna have to do more investigatin before you pull the trigger. Is it a P dealer that's sellin ? maybe time for a road trip eh ?
Old 12-20-2012, 10:18 PM
BoxsterG
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You may want to look into the seller closely. I wont get into any further details.. but....
Old 12-21-2012, 02:52 PM
PaulieB
Cruisin'

Local P dealer (W Houston Porsche - spoke to Cody - very helpful) knows the car and says its immaculate. They have just serviced it but wont do a ppi as they have been sued in the past over problems that arose months after inspection. Cody also knows Sam (seller) and says hes a straight-shooter. Dealer Sam has had it since 3300 miles....now 4500. Sam says he was happy driving it and didn't try to hard to sell it. I dont buy that for a minute.

Anybody got any experience with Sam at UniversalMotorcars in Texas?? thanks a lot you guys
Old 12-21-2012, 07:05 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

I think Cody's a sandwich short of a picnic, if your at all interested in purchasing that car get it to a P dealer for a PPI.
I purchased a my car from outside of Porsche dealerships , but had it PPI'd prior to purchase.
Its your hard earned Paulie, Cody cannot account for every mile of the car. Go over his head if need be.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:15 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 249 Likes on 220 Posts

Local P dealer (W Houston Porsche - spoke to Cody - very helpful) knows the car and says its immaculate. They have just serviced it but wont do a ppi as they have been sued in the past over problems that arose months after inspection. Cody also knows Sam (seller) and says hes a straight-shooter. Dealer Sam has had it since 3300 miles....now 4500. Sam says he was happy driving it and didn't try to hard to sell it. I dont buy that for a minute.

Anybody got any experience with Sam at UniversalMotorcars in Texas?? thanks a lot you guys
No experience with that particular dealer but they're all alike in that everything they say is intended to get you to buy the car as soon as possible and pay as much for the car as possible.

That doesn't mean that if "Cody" says the car is immaculate that it isn't immaculate.

And it doesn't mean when he says he knows "Sam" and "Sam" is a straight shooter that he doesn't know "Sam" or that "Sam" couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a sawed off shot gun.

It just means you need more than "Cody" and what he says about the car and about the previous owner to go on.

That the dealer admits it has been sued over PPI's in the past because it didn't apparently do a good job says that not only is it not the place to have a PPI done what they tell you about a car's condition is suspect.

I mean if the dealer's techs can't be trusted to do a PPI right how can a superficial inspection of a car by a sales person have any weight?
Old 12-21-2012, 09:58 PM
A4EP
Racer

Received 94 Likes on 56 Posts

Have it paint metered. Especially the hood. I find it strange the white option list sticker is missing from under the hood on a car with that few miles. Also it has a sticker under the hood that is not from the factory too, what is it?

Quick Reply: worth the money.....what do you think?