Sponsored by:

Airbag light - help a 'lister out?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 09:06 AM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Received 133 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by mgordon18
My dealer gave me a trickle charger at delivery, so I've got one. I just don't like the idea of having to plug in my freaking car every night. It's a Porsche, not a Tesla. My garage doesn't have an easily accesible outlet, so it's kind of a pain in the butt to make it happen.
If you are driving the car every day, as I would assume you mean by having to charge "every night", then there is no need for the trickle. Trickles are really for winter storage or just long term in general. Your familiar w/ the NYC area, given the "Joisey" location so this is what I do. Just before the winter, I take my C2S from Westchester county and bring it out to the Hamptons. There it sits on trickle for a month or two at a time, in my ***** *** cold garage. When I pop out there on the occasion to check the house or stay, etc. I then give it a rip, If I even can weather wise.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:00 AM
Dave R.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some Durametric cables are limited to 3 registrations, others are not - depends which one you get.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:52 AM
mgordon18
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by SARGEPUG
If you are driving the car every day, as I would assume you mean by having to charge "every night", then there is no need for the trickle. Trickles are really for winter storage or just long term in general. Your familiar w/ the NYC area, given the "Joisey" location so this is what I do. Just before the winter, I take my C2S from Westchester county and bring it out to the Hamptons. There it sits on trickle for a month or two at a time, in my ***** *** cold garage. When I pop out there on the occasion to check the house or stay, etc. I then give it a rip, If I even can weather wise.
Every day? No. But it does get driven multiple times each week. Sometimes 2 or 3 times, sometimes 4 or 5. In the winter, I'll admit, the longer drives are
much less frequent. It ends up being more of a grocery runner and school dropper-off-er. But I am out on the road with it all year round. If I used the trickle charger I'd be plugging and unplugging it a LOT.

I'd love to be able to park it out at my Hamptons house, but alas, New Country Porsche didn't throw one of those into the deal.

PS. - I've never heard anyone from New Jersey actually say "Joisey." I think that's a "New Yawk" thing...
Old 04-05-2013, 06:53 PM
mgordon18
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 134 Posts

Took it to the dealer today. Just a low voltage code from when the battery konked out last week. Cleared. $75.

They also snuck in a "free" car wash and swirled the hell out of it. Luckily I was going to be taking it for a yearly polish/wax detail soon anyway. But it still irks me...

Quick Reply: Airbag light - help a 'lister out?