Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So my neighbors think i'm crazy.......

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 12:48 AM
STUARTQ
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always thought the rear deck mounted ski racks looked seriously cool!
Old 05-16-2013, 12:48 AM
Ynot
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
Leaf Blower for the win....remember if gas powered make sure the exhaust doesn't vent into the leaf blower tube where the air comes out. I use a battery leaf blower.

I picked up a black and decker electric one for $25 shipped, best $25 I've ever spent.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:50 AM
STUARTQ
Three Wheelin'

From a previous Rennlist thread!
Attached Images  
Old 05-16-2013, 12:53 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche87
I am surprised the neighbors gave you hard time about it. You should have told them to check out your watch.
people dont understand watches, and i'd rather not anyone even know... i don't even keep them at home besides one on my wrist.. but still just never been a conversation starter or a conversation i want to have with a stranger..

Originally Posted by Mark Harris
I'm right there with you Riley. I get comments from both sides. Usually the riders at the group rides I participate in think it's pretty cool. A few people (even with the bike off -just rack) have made weird comments. I could care less.

It's my daily driver. Porsches and bikes are near and dear to me. So why wouldn't I have a roof rack? This pic is from a 1,700 mile round trip to a Tri in Galveston a couple years ago. The rack moved right over the 997.2 and is on the car as I type this out.
whats that piece in front, does it help with the wind.. mine whistles.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:00 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Slamuth
I think I'll need a better picture of the passenger before I make a decision about the bike rack.
nice one.. haha. maybe another time..

Originally Posted by lowcoaster
everyone thinks your crazy because you ride a white fixie. get a real bike!

jk, nice bike and that turbo is hotttttt!
it's just for fun, it's enjoyable to ride.. i used to have carbon road bikes and this and that mountain bikes and the road bikes feel like work, can't just relax.. always in speed mode and wind sucks at speed.. the mountain bikes are overkill and bulky.. i like the fixie because it's simple.. i like the pure feeling.. it's just bare necessities and simple..

Originally Posted by wc11
It must really screw up the aerodynamics of the car but
tell em it's your way of wind tunnel testing for the Tour de France.

I think you should put a canoe up there instead and see what the neighbors do then.
i want to put my kayak on top to use.. but can't find a "mount" that feels secure and a side wind wont rip it off the roof... i saw ones with frunk and boot tethers... i assume could clamp and close... would keep it from twisting in the wind?

Originally Posted by Karen England
Do you truly care what the neighbors think? GORGEOUS car - you done good

thank you very much, their decision doesn't change my desire for a rack.. BUT.. i just thought it bizarre they noticed because i change cars often and have a set spot for my cars but nobody ever mentions anything and i like it.. i'll get comments very sparingly but usually when i'm installing exhaust on a 911.. or had the exige apart in pieces... or disassembling the atom for fun... i guess then they are like "this guy needs help"...
Old 05-16-2013, 01:05 AM
ng311
8th Gear

is this the car everyone is debating?
http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/3782210093.html
Old 05-16-2013, 01:05 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by cairo94507
I would not do that but that is me. The most important thing is that you drive the car.
41000 miles

it's driven..... 1500 in the last week alone
Old 05-16-2013, 10:28 AM
Frank - Shanghai
Track Day

After living almost 10 years in China, I go with the local flow, for example going to the supermarket in pyjama has become an habbit for me. So don't think you've lost your mind !!!
Cheers, Frank
Old 05-16-2013, 10:53 AM
Charolastra
Intermediate

OP: I do the same. And I have a white fixie too* (*gold wheels though)....Great taste!

If you haven't done this, I'd recommend you look into putting clear bra on your roof, right where the rack touches the roof. That way, if you leave your rack on the car for a long time, you won't mar your paint! Also, the front fairing helps eliminate wind whistling dramatically. Highly recommended.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:35 AM
chris.hanle
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it looks fine. Though the seat looks like it would be really really close the the sprinkler system.
You are right is saying that watches rarely start conversations, most dont know a timex from a Audemars Piguet.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:41 AM
dw.metro
Racer

MAMIL - Middle Aged Men In Lycra riding bikes....
Old 05-16-2013, 12:20 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by dw.metro
MAMIL - Middle Aged Men In Lycra riding bikes....
lol. wont catch me dead in bike shorts... hence the distaste for road bikes.. i would wear padded shorts under gym shorts when i rode.. but everything works against you wind resistance wise.. i'd rather ride casually and enjoy it.. then suit up and be a dick and be upset the entire time.

Originally Posted by chris.hanle
I think it looks fine. Though the seat looks like it would be really really close the the sprinkler system.
You are right is saying that watches rarely start conversations, most dont know a timex from a Audemars Piguet.
it's close, but still shorter than a hummer/etc that fits here.

Originally Posted by Charolastra
OP: I do the same. And I have a white fixie too* (*gold wheels though)....Great taste!

If you haven't done this, I'd recommend you look into putting clear bra on your roof, right where the rack touches the roof. That way, if you leave your rack on the car for a long time, you won't mar your paint! Also, the front fairing helps eliminate wind whistling dramatically. Highly recommended.
appreciate the advice, i actually have some 5mil 3M clear from a past project.

Originally Posted by Frank - Shanghai
After living almost 10 years in China, I go with the local flow, for example going to the supermarket in pyjama has become an habbit for me. So don't think you've lost your mind !!!
Cheers, Frank
pajamas are always fun, my luck is when i go shopping in my "bum clothes" i end up meeting someone gorgeous in line and they think i'm homeless.. or going to ask them for beer money.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:39 PM
chago996
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is mine in the old 996 before she was traded.

Name:  IMG_0401.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  176.6 KB

Same one on the current car. My neighbors think its cool!

Name:  IMG_0170.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  188.7 KB
Old 05-16-2013, 01:47 PM
Mojo31
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ynot
Why the hell did you do that?

j/k. There is nothing wrong with it, it looks cool, you don't see that everyday. My neighbors think I've lost it too when I brought out the leaf blower to dry the car.
Glad to hear it's not just me.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:33 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 58 Posts

Man, your neighbours are idiots! This is super cool IMO... if they were cool, they would have realized how cool this is!

I worry about hitting low ceilings rather than neighbours!

Quick Reply: So my neighbors think i'm crazy.......