Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CrossDrilledBrakes.com ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 02:59 PM
Lvt19672
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Which brand rotor is in the Porsche box? Is it Zimmerman, Sebro, or Balo?
Old 10-21-2013, 03:26 PM
targa996
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used Sebro ... Steel needs to be proper formulation and then cast correctly/ heat treated properly ..stay away from cheap Chinese stuff unless you drive a Chinese car ...
Old 10-21-2013, 07:20 PM
sjfehr
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by lowcoaster
That's a new one...

The thought had never crossed my mind to cross drill my brake lines.

Yep! Not only are they lighter, but improved air flow leads to improved cooling
Old 10-22-2013, 05:37 PM
Ynot
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Fred R. C4S
"Machined in the USA!" Code speak for Made in China out of who knows what. If there's one place you don't want to go bottom fishing it's your brakes! OEM, Zimmerman, GiroDisc, Brembo....there are so many good options why buy the cheapest when you should be shopping for the safest?
I agree when it comes to safety like brakes, rotors, wheels, etc. I go with trusted name brand. If it's carbon fiber cupholder, CF ashtray, then I might go cheap.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:44 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Lvt19672
Which brand rotor is in the Porsche box? Is it Zimmerman, Sebro, or Balo?
No one knows and it actually might be different year to year... any of the above would be fine.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:38 PM
atx.911
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com
If you are interested in shopping rotors for your 997 from Pelican, we offer brands such as Genuine Porsche, Sebro and Zimmermann among others.

Click here for further details.

If interested in rotor replacement instructions, follow our step-by-step:
Replacing Porsche 911 Carrera Brake Discs

Mark/Pelican Parts
PM Sent
Old 11-22-2013, 07:13 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Girodisc announces a brand new rotor casting that will be used on most applications with an outside diameter between 345mm and 355mm
• Braking Performance: The forty-eight directionally curved vanes act as a centrifugal air pump and actively move cooling air through the rotor as it rotates, helping to shed heat quick and reduce brake pad fading. The discs are also slotted, allowing a maximized contact at the interface between pad and disc as the edges of the slots continuously clean and refresh the pad surface.
• High Quality Materials: The Girodisc rotors use only the highest quality materials and components. The rotors are high carbon content iron for long wear and stable thermal performance. We have developed alloy combinations that are consistently outperforming anything we’ve had in the past. This is proven on both the brake dyno and the race track. We have worked closely with American foundries and testing facilities to help us design our castings and tooling to make the best possible product. This is a commitment to our customer and our country’s economy. All our iron is poured in the US.
The center hat section is aircraft grade 6061 billet aluminum with a charcoal grey color Military spec type II anodized finish. We use only American made aluminum from Kaiser, Alcoa and SAPA. The disc hardware consists of cadmium plated high strength alloy steel drive bushings which take the load from braking actions while maintaining the float between the hat and disc. Girodisc manufactures all these components in-house to our own specifications. Disc machining, hat machining and pin machining all happens at our facility in Bellingham, WA.
Old 07-04-2014, 04:39 PM
mmgyver
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok everyone has given their expertise and $1 wisdom. No one has gone the distance...

Bought a set with ceramic pads for my 91 944s2 Cabrio that sees track time at Laguna. I figured even if they only hold for one set of pads its still a win...

Guess what, I am totally satisfied and impressed. over 35k miles, still no bead on the outside lip, no issues, no irregular scoring, perfect fit, no discoloration from overheat and believe me, I drive hard. Lived in Switzerland fro 21 years and have many Laps at the Green hell. Follow the bedding procedure and you'll be satisfied, of cours anything mass-produced can have a flaw, but thats what costumer service is for.

Way better product than 944 engine mounts, factory or other....

I will be more than happy to sent anyone who is interested current pics at anytime as they are still on the car, rears look like mirror glass and front right has only a one line score from a foreign object.

Find me online and send me a mail Thom Ruben Real Estate Solutions
Old 07-08-2014, 05:42 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Objective: Upon replacement - GET AWAY from holed rotors, slotted last a ton longer....
Old 07-08-2014, 07:24 PM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I track with eom and I'm satisfied...
Old 07-08-2014, 07:27 PM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cvazquez
I track with eom and I'm satisfied...
For brake pad I stop with PFC. Great bite from this pads!

Quick Reply: CrossDrilledBrakes.com ?