Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Customer Satisfaction Survey question...

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 09:58 AM
c4speedster996
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default similar situation

I had a similar situation. Bought a 997.1 turbo. It was sun Porsche in mechanicsburg pa. They changed the terms drastically and his the fact was no extra key, and left the tank half full.
In the end called Porsche USA and told them was very disappointed with this experience. They contacted dealership and definitely came down on them. On top of the survey I'd call
Porsche USA and let them know as well. These bad dealers need to be
Stopped in their bad practices.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:02 AM
SnP
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

There are plenty of places to get a used Porsche serviced other than the dealer.

Motorwerks Barrington totally screwed the pooch on my last purchase.

I won't give them another dime and stopped having my Porsche and Land Rover service done by them.

I can't help but think that the locals who roll over and take it are part of what sustains the dealers bad behavior.
Old 11-10-2013, 11:47 AM
socalsteve
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Again, thank you for all of your input!

I guess some of you didn't read that I am not local to the dealer and have many choices closer to me for servicing. I have no fear of retribution.

I live in a huge city with many choices of consumerism. I cannot imagine what it would be like to live in a place where the retailer is boss because it is your only option...
Old 11-10-2013, 06:00 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 58 Posts

Be as brutally honest as you can be! Porsche dealers have consistently been getting worse over the years and customer service out the door, even when folks spend over $100K on a car with em!

They must know how to treat customers and IF the cannot provide that Porsche must punish them and actually I am glad they may actually do something about it as I basically have no positive thing to say about my local dealership, specially the sales side of things.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:00 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by socalsteve
Hi all,

Bought a CPO'd 2012 997.2 from a dealership about a month ago. The transaction was far from stellar (to say the least) and now I get (via email ) a customer satisfaction survey from Porsche of NA.

My question is: How important is this to the dealership? The Finance lady at the store kind of pounded it into my head that I needed to leave them positive feedback on this survey. What happens if you leave less than stellar feedback on the survey? How does this impact the dealership? And, does it have any impact on me? Is it anonymous to the dealer?

As always, thank you all in advance!

Steve

If you intend to use this dealer to service your car then I would mark your service as top notch, BUT I would certainly be back to the dealer and speak to the sales manager to let him know your concerns about the service you received during your purchase.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:09 PM
socalsteve
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mumbles
If you intend to use this dealer to service your car then I would mark your service as top notch, BUT I would certainly be back to the dealer and speak to the sales manager to let him know your concerns about the service you received during your purchase.
So, I should not be honest? The service was far from top notch. And, again..if you had read through the other postings, this dealer is about 60 miles from me. I have many Porsche dealerships much closer who can do any work that is needed.

Thanks!
Old 11-10-2013, 08:37 PM
fjpdds
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 14 Posts

I bought a CPO car out of state. Waited 30 days to get tags and title, but they never showed. Called for it but nothing happened. I mentioned it in the PCNA survey and was called by dealership that same day. Tag and title FEDEX'd to me next day. Impressive response.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:38 PM
Dadio
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some of the many reasons I don't fill out surveys. Waste of my time, the time of those who create them and the time of those that study them as evidenced by all the comments to OP. As for the people who are the target of survey, they are being disincented to exceed their customers expectations . I have never seen any survey that someone could honestly give the highest rating to every question.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:56 PM
user 72902
Banned

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

My P-dealer told me the surveys help determine the quantity and quality of new cars they get. They always hammer me to call about any issues before completing the survey so they can rectify any problems and I can give them an excellent rating. They sure make a big deal about the survey.
Old 11-10-2013, 11:24 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,010 Likes on 718 Posts

Originally Posted by jkw911
My P-dealer told me the surveys help determine the quantity and quality of new cars they get. They always hammer me to call about any issues before completing the survey so they can rectify any problems and I can give them an excellent rating. They sure make a big deal about the survey.
Is your dealer a smaller one? I'm asking since it seems like the big volume dealers get whatever allocations they want regardless of surveys and reputation. And I say that based on having followed this thread involving one such high volume dealer that clearly doesn't care what the public or PCNA think about the quality of their operation: https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...-poor-car.html
Old 11-11-2013, 02:17 AM
Fronkenstein
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's when you do as I did for the very same reason you mentioned - Called GM corporate and bothered them until they made the dealership react. Then I force fed the dealership and its service team to make good. It was an ugly process and in the end I got a "good for you!" from one of the staff. I got a completely brand new top end out of it. If I had just laid down and took it I would have had to shell out over $6000 on something that was in warranty and the dealership didnt have the talent on board to fix it. So they had to get help from a sister dealership who had a diesel mechanic that actually knew how to fix a Duramax. Car dealers SUCK in most cases unless you have so much money your boy friday is doing the work for you. And many dealers don't have much more than a b-player on staff for mechanicals. If you find a good shop with a good service manager and good techs then as I said make them your friends. If they go independent they will be calling you first. That is my rant on GM and Ford. Now I will say that Volvo has treated me very right even though they are notoriously expensive for what they offer. I told them I had a CEL that would not reset even following the factory reset procedure (a 1978 S70 Turbo) and I wanted them to put it on their computer. How much I asked? $112 for one hour diag - so I said ok. They said the computer said all was good but as we can see the CEL readiness is wrong. They said "can we keep it for few days?" I said "for no additional cost?" they said "No additional cost." In short the kept the car for 10 days and took 150 miles worth of road trips until the found a rare central computer software bug. At the end of it they charged my $112 for time and $30 for fuel charges and even washed my car. So it pays to be direct and stand your ground when you have to. Did I say GM sucks.

Pete
Old 11-11-2013, 07:49 AM
user 72902
Banned

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by sandwedge
Is your dealer a smaller one? I'm asking since it seems like the big volume dealers get whatever allocations they want regardless of surveys and reputation. And I say that based on having followed this thread involving one such high volume dealer that clearly doesn't care what the public or PCNA think about the quality of their operation: https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...-poor-car.html
They might be (Rockville Porsche) and smaller than P-dealer at Tysons. I'm not sure how to determine if they are small but assumed they were bigger being in the DC market.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:23 AM
sixgun95
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The person you dealt with gets hammered and even fired at some dealerships if you don't give them a max score. Some dealers are worse than others .....ever wonder wht they bend over backwards for you? My BMW dealer said if they don't get a max score they have to answer the mail to the boss. My local dealer is awesome, even if not 100% satisfied I take care of those who help me so in the end they give me the best service available! If dissatisfied just talk to him about it but take care of them on the paperwork. If still not happy then just be honest on the form. Like everything else take care of them and they will take care of you.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:07 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,243 Likes on 573 Posts

Originally Posted by jkw911
When you look at this it is a ridiculous survey if it penalizes the end user. Why do they relate the results to car allocation? How does that correct a poorly performing dealership? It doesn't, it just gets them pissed of, which then trickles down to the end user - you and I. What's actually needed is a 'Nordstom's' approach to customer services and a correction of any dealership that can't keep up.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:14 PM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 412 Likes on 243 Posts

The surveys are extremely important to both the store and to the people who sold you/worked on your car. They hammer the "completely satisfied" line when you're there because for most stores, anythnig less than 100% satisfied may as well be a zero.

Knowing that the surveys are so important, I usually give the store an opportunity to make good on their mistake and an overall good experience with minor negatives isn't enough to make me score the store at less than 100%. Only when a sale or service is grievously bad to I go straight to the survey and trash them.

Even if you trash the store, PCNA will review the survey and give the dealership an opportunity to address your negative experience. If you don't take them up on their offer, the store may get a pass. Even so, the sales or service people involved will probably take a hit. I sold cars for a while many years ago. I lost a $500 CS bonus because one asshat out of 20 or so that month didn't give me 100% on his sales experience. I had bent over backwards for him and he said, "well, I just don't give 100% on anything." I still hate that MF'er.

The dealership can weasel out of the hit, too. When I reported my terrible service experience to PCNA, out of about ten different things that they dropped the ball on, the store only offered to make good on one single item--they offered to re-wash my car. I told them to suck it. PCNA e-mailed me back and said that the dealer had reported to them that they had offered to "address the customer's concerns" and that the customer (me) had refused and they considered the matter resolved.

I e-mailed them back and told them that the dealership had not offered to help me and that they were lying. I have no idea what PCNA did with that information but I at least cleared the air.

The end result is that the consumer will rarely receive any benefit from these surveys, but they ARE important. You may be blacklisted for a negative response. Consider a negative response well before you actually hit SEND.

Quick Reply: Customer Satisfaction Survey question...