Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.2 with PSE

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 09:43 PM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 458 Likes on 265 Posts

How can there be warranty issues when Porsche sold & installed my Tubi?

Tom
Old 04-23-2014, 10:30 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by TommyV44
How can there be warranty issues when Porsche sold & installed my Tubi? Tom
PCNA and Porsche parent company provide and honor your warranty not your dealer.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:04 PM
Gripster
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by gate58
How loud is the exhaust after the Gundo hack? I am contemplating getting the Fister cans for my 996 GT3 as the exhaust note on that car is almost non-existent. I like the fact I can turn off PSE as the the 997S is actually the wife's car that she drives to work a couple times a week.
Basically it's just like the PSE. It's not super loud, it's just better, with character. It pops and crackles with a nice low down throaty growl. For the most part it is also quite tame under 3k rpm, so you can pootle around the neighborhood without waking anyone up. Above 3k rpms it's not obnoxious, just intoxicating.

Best thing is no drone on the highway. I have the M=Performance exhaust on my 535i DD and it drones at 80mph. The gundo hack does not.

This is a Fister on a 997.1. It's basically the same - although this looks to be louder than on my 997.2.

Old 04-24-2014, 12:48 AM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 458 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by GSIRM3
PCNA and Porsche parent company provide and honor your warranty not your dealer.
So the dealer stocks, sells & installs the Tubi and PCNA is going to deny a warranty claim……I don't think so……

Tom
Old 04-24-2014, 03:01 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,008 Likes on 716 Posts

So the dealer stocks, sells & installs the Tubi and PCNA is going to deny a warranty claim……I don't think so……

Tom
I agree. Champion Porsche is the largest volume Porsche dealer in north and south America for the past 25 years. They sell and install Tubi on both new and used cars and offer CPO coverage on Tubi equipped cars. Would they keep doing this if PCNA had a problem with it? Of course not.
http://www.championmotorsport.com/pr...i-997-2-ex.htm
Old 04-24-2014, 09:12 AM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Tom
I understand your thinking, but I had a friend that had a GT3 with an aftermarket exhaust that he sold to a buyer in Texas. The car developed an engine seal leak (I think RMS) and the Porsche dealer told the owner that he would have to restore the exhaust to stock before they could honor the warranty claim. Fortunately, the original owner had all the stock exhaust parts. Beleive it or not, Porsche has claimed that aftermarket exhaust can effect pressures in engines and result in seal failures.

I asked my dealer that I have a very good relationship with, if them installing a X pipe on my car could cause any potential warranty issues and they told me it could and that I would most likely have to restore the exhaust system to stock for them to be able to honor the claim. The service manager told me PCNA was very strict with warranty claims and required the techs to take pictures to document the state of the car. I know it sounds silly for the dealer to know the car had an aftermarket exhaust and tell the customer to return the car to stock, then they would honor the warranty claim, but that seems to be the way it is/can be.

Try getting your dealer to get PCNA to sign a letter stating that your aftermarket exhaust that they sold and installed will not impact any potential engine claims, and see what they say.
Old 04-24-2014, 01:58 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,008 Likes on 716 Posts

Originally Posted by GSIRM3
I understand your thinking, but I had a friend that had a GT3 with an aftermarket exhaust that he sold to a buyer in Texas. The car developed an engine seal leak (I think RMS) and the Porsche dealer told the owner that he would have to restore the exhaust to stock before they could honor the warranty claim. Fortunately, the original owner had all the stock exhaust parts. Beleive it or not, Porsche has claimed that aftermarket exhaust can effect pressures in engines and result in seal failures.

I asked my dealer that I have a very good relationship with, if them installing a X pipe on my car could cause any potential warranty issues and they told me it could and that I would most likely have to restore the exhaust system to stock for them to be able to honor the claim. The service manager told me PCNA was very strict with warranty claims and required the techs to take pictures to document the state of the car. I know it sounds silly for the dealer to know the car had an aftermarket exhaust and tell the customer to return the car to stock, then they would honor the warranty claim, but that seems to be the way it is/can be.

Try getting your dealer to get PCNA to sign a letter stating that your aftermarket exhaust that they sold and installed will not impact any potential engine claims, and see what they say.
Must vary from dealer to dealer then. I've talked to two large Florida dealerships about this and they both say an aftermarket catback exhaust has no bearing on a warranty claim no matter what the claim is for. May be a different story if the cats and headers are involved.
Old 04-24-2014, 03:03 PM
Jake94526
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I have PSE on My 2010 C4S, I live in Danville CA if you want to hear it go ahead and email me at Jake94526@aol.com to arrange a visit.
Old 04-24-2014, 06:03 PM
omegaSMP300
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I had PSE on my 2013 981 Boxster S, loved it. Just bought a 997.2 Targa 4s and it has PSE (was not a common option at all). I have yet to hear it as the car is coming from the East Coast. But I am in the South Bay. Once it arrives you are more than welcome to take a listen.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:27 PM
z3mcoupe
Rennlist Member

Received 178 Likes on 98 Posts

Fellow Bay Area local here with a new to me 2009 targa 4. I'd love to hear that exhaust from you guys!
Old 04-25-2014, 03:59 PM
gate58
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Jake, I'll PM you. I am actually going to take my 996 GT3 to FDMotosport in Brentwood to get the gundo hack done and would love to stop by on the way or back to hear your car.

Originally Posted by Jake94526
I have PSE on My 2010 C4S, I live in Danville CA if you want to hear it go ahead and email me at Jake94526@aol.com to arrange a visit.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:00 PM
gate58
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for your offer man. I knew i had ot leave early from Sonoma to take care of my kids so didn't have time.

Originally Posted by david
Late in the day Thursday should work just let me know when you're leaving SP...

Quick Reply: 997.2 with PSE