Hope someone knows this dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 10:35 AM
tbrom
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hope someone knows this dealer?

Hey Guys,

Been a while since I last posted but I've been searching - yes, still searching. Question is has anyone had any experience or know anything about Euro Motorsports, Inc. in Ft. Lauderdale Florida? I can't find anything good about them - nobody that has been happy with their purchase from them and two posts that say very negative things about 2 different deals. Their Facebook page is full of a bunch of their buddies I suspect that are just talking up the dealership without any direct purchases - that always sends up a red flare in my book. Not one positive review from someone that liked their purchase experience, so I'm looking to this group in case anyone knows something "good" or bad - just any info you might have. My gut feeling always steers me away from small specialty dealers and one in South Florida - well, you get my drift.

Thanks a bunch,

Tim
Old 11-12-2014, 05:12 PM
steve0827
Rennlist Member

Received 137 Likes on 74 Posts

If you're getting all these bad vibes about this dealer, why are you continuing to consider them? I'm not going to let someone else convince me on a dealer if I don't feel comfortable using them.

Just my .02.

Is there a car there that you're looking at?
Old 11-12-2014, 06:40 PM
tbrom
Racer

Originally Posted by steve0827
If you're getting all these bad vibes about this dealer, why are you continuing to consider them? I'm not going to let someone else convince me on a dealer if I don't feel comfortable using them.

Just my .02.

Is there a car there that you're looking at?
Hey Steve, thanks, and of course there is a car there I'm looking at - why else would I care about the dealership and it's a nice one with great options and it's the color I want but the price is kind of low comparatively speaking - it's one of those eye catchers that was on ebay - the kind of dealers that I usually don't even consider but the deal looks pretty good.

Point is that if someone here actually knows someone that has had a good experience with them I might be a little more apt to check it out further but if not I'm letting it go. Simple as that really.

After you've been looking as long as I have and are as picky as I am you get tired of looking - but in the end logic wins the day. Obviously I haven't gotten any one here of the many that have viewed my post that have had anything to do with them so that's telling me something. That's about it.

At least you responded and I thank you for that....
Old 11-12-2014, 10:03 PM
BrakingBad
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 67 Posts

Used car dealers are a sleazy bunch in general. If the car checks out with a good PPI, the price is right and all the paperwork is in order, I see no reason to avoid this dealership. Always assume a used car is sold "as-is". CPO warranties are not transferrable from non-Porsche dealerships. That said, I've never successfully completed a used car deal in South Florida despite having briefly lived there. "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy." comes to mind.
The following users liked this post:
BucketList (11-01-2020)
Old 11-12-2014, 11:01 PM
1990nein
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 13 Posts

--

Last edited by 1990nein; 11-01-2020 at 03:59 AM.
Old 11-12-2014, 11:35 PM
kaution321
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pho King Fast
I would avoid just because South Florida.
+1
Old 11-13-2014, 02:33 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,010 Likes on 718 Posts

Originally Posted by Pho King Fast
I would avoid just because South Florida.
Originally Posted by kaution321
+1
I've bought two 997's from Champion Porsche in "south Florida". Pompano Beach to be exact. Excellent dealership that I would recommend without reservation. Largest volume Porsche dealer in the Americas for the past 25 years and true enthusiasts as well with their own Motorsport department. To the OP.....why not ask if Champion will do a PPI on the car you want. http://www.champion-motors.com/

They can't be far away given that your car is in Lauderdale. No affiliation with Champion btw other than being a customer.
Old 11-13-2014, 06:07 AM
SJP3003
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

I've had good experience with the Collection a bit further south in Miami... bought 3 new cars (997S, Maser CC Coupe and Elise) and a demo Boxster S off their used car lot. Selection was great for new and used and service was always professional. One of the highest volume P Car dealers in the US.
Old 11-13-2014, 08:44 AM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by tbrom
Hey Steve, thanks, and of course there is a car there I'm looking at - why else would I care about the dealership and it's a nice one with great options and it's the color I want but the price is kind of low comparatively speaking - it's one of those eye catchers that was on ebay - the kind of dealers that I usually don't even consider but the deal looks pretty good.

Point is that if someone here actually knows someone that has had a good experience with them I might be a little more apt to check it out further but if not I'm letting it go. Simple as that really.

After you've been looking as long as I have and are as picky as I am you get tired of looking - but in the end logic wins the day. Obviously I haven't gotten any one here of the many that have viewed my post that have had anything to do with them so that's telling me something. That's about it.

Very courteous polite poster. Nice, Great job taking a potentially ignorant reply and turning positive.
VT Blue (11-01-2020)
Old 11-13-2014, 10:36 AM
cairo94507
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 72 Posts

I expect used car dealers to misrepresent their cars walking in the door. I do my own research and determine if a car is one I would buy or not. I then negotiate a deal and go from there. I think it is on the buyer to do their homework. Good luck with the car.
Old 11-13-2014, 10:43 AM
DucatiSPS
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by SJP3003
I've had good experience with the Collection a bit further south in Miami... bought 3 new cars (997S, Maser CC Coupe and Elise) and a demo Boxster S off their used car lot. Selection was great for new and used and service was always professional. One of the highest volume P Car dealers in the US.
wow do I have a Collection story. years ago was looking at an Iris Blue 911. What made it super special is that Iris Blue had to have been a custom order because the last time it was on a Porsche was my 1994 C2, a car that I truly loved (see pic). Anyways they had one, I worked the deal over the phone, then flew from Texas down there.

When i get there, this 8000 mile Iris Blue Cab, turns out to be a 30k mile Midnight Blue Cab. I had spent 800 on a one way last minute ticket, and it's not even the right car. Needless to say they wouldn't cover my ticket, wouldn't give me a ride back to the airport (had to stand on the street waiting for a cab), and it took a dispute with my credit card company to get my 5k deposit back.

I will never, ever, ever deal with Florida again....
Attached Images  
63mercedes (11-01-2020)
Old 11-13-2014, 12:39 PM
steve0827
Rennlist Member

Received 137 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by tbrom

My apologies. My post was not my intention to "attack" you. It was just my own personal opinion.

When I asked if there was a car there that you were looking at, I guess what I really meant was which car are you looking at?
Old 11-13-2014, 04:47 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Lots of fraud out there - co-worker's Lamborghini Murcielago was just stolen by a dealer. 200k cash out the window.

http://www.northjersey.com/news/busi...ened-1.1096456
Old 11-14-2014, 03:17 PM
tbrom
Racer

Hey Guys,

I want to thank everyone that has posted to my "cry for help"! It is mighty nice to have this collective intelligence to draw upon even when the answer may be seemingly obvious. The deal on the car they have is mighty enticing and hence the reason it got me excited. Usually it is not wise to do business with small dealers unless they have a good reputation. In this case Euro Motorsport Inc, has only 2 bad reviews and no positive reviews.

The first review was from a guy that bought a Rolls from them: he said when it came off the shipping truck it had little dents on several panels, the seat belts didn't work and other issues and the only thing they say they got from Euro was that it must have been the shipper and no other recompense; the second was a guy that didn't buy from them because as he reported they could never produce the car over 2 weeks and that he lost another waiting on them. The only other "reviews" were on their facebook page by their buddies that raved about the dealership with not one of them having bought anything - stuff like Wow - Euro really has it going on as they were "drooling" over the inventory. All BS.

The car they had that I was excited about "is" a 2011 C4S with almost 19k miles on it. The carfax says its had 4 owners they say really 3 - it was originally sold by Champion to an individual that put about 5500 miles on it and then it was sold to Euro I guess who they say then sold it to a friend of the owners that "leased" it for 4 or 5 months and put "exactly" 13k miles on it - exactly. Something wrong there - right. Nobody can put exactly 13,000 miles on a car and stop and then to put it on in 4 or 5 months? The car has every great option you'd want - like heated and ventilated seats, sports chrono, PASM, full leather 2 tone - top rail and dash and "sport steering wheel with shift paddles" in black and the seats and carpet and lower dash in sand beige with body colored tunnel. Color is White, also Boze, Nav, XM, infotainment package, etc. Can't get much more fully loaded. The car was on ebay with an opening bid amount of 62k - no bids. They said they'd be willing to sell at just over what they had in it which is why I was interested enough to call in the RL "troops".

There you have it - talked with Champion and they'll PPI the car for $250 - a visual inspection. Will not take anything off or do compression/leak down testing. There you have it and why it makes a whole lot of sense to get a CPO car from a dealer in the first place even though you'll pay a premium.

Thanks again everyone and now you know the story, at least as much of it as I know.

Tim
Old 11-14-2014, 04:14 PM
wardrive
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Para82
Lots of fraud out there - co-worker's Lamborghini Murcielago was just stolen by a dealer. 200k cash out the window.

http://www.northjersey.com/news/busi...ened-1.1096456
Yeah, this is right by me. Can't believe that guy was such a scam-artist. There were so many hot exotics lined outside in front - when it was opened. Who would have thought the guy was such a cheat.

Quick Reply: Hope someone knows this dealer?