Sponsored by:

Pcm white display problem.

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2015, 02:36 PM
HolmaN
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Pcm white display problem.

Recived this problem after splitting the stereo to repain the front facepanel.
Does this for some wiered reason.
This happens once I turn of the car / turn of the stereo or put it into "black" mode.

edit:

I was there today, removed the wrap over the light sensor but that didn't work, started the gps, noticed everythign works apart from the gps antennawhen it comes to the gps part? It works as far as I can enter information, start it, it guides me etc, but it's from the location I was at last time it was started. So it doesn't find my current position, another fun thing I jsut notice is this:
When I toch anything outside that activates any signal in the car, it activates the stereo for 10-20 seconds.
Video below. (keep in mind that the car is locked on the video)

Last edited by HolmaN; 12-12-2015 at 01:27 AM.
Old 12-08-2015, 02:14 PM
HolmaN
Instructor

New shorter and better video added.
Old 12-08-2015, 04:15 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 664 Likes on 357 Posts

Sorry that you aren't getting any responses. I have to guess no one else has seen this before. I certainly have seen no posts about it in my nearly three years on the forums. Maybe it would be worth splitting the panel again and carefully putting it back together just to see if it fixes it? I gather it isn't easy so I guess you would be reluctant to do this in case you end up breaking it completely. Good luck!
Old 12-08-2015, 05:01 PM
IslandS52
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is common on the PCM 2.1 (similar to ours, but no identical) for first gen Cayennes. It is a failure of the ribbon cable in the PCM unit itself and the fix is either replacement of the entire unit (find a used one) of possibly buying a screen on eBay and replacing it yourself if you feel comfortable doing it.

My wife's Cayenne had this problem, but fortunately a day later a good used one popped up in the classifieds. If we gently pushed the center of our screen with a thumb, sometimes it would go back to normal for a while, but the white screen will always return.

Last edited by IslandS52; 12-08-2015 at 06:53 PM.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:11 PM
Patriot
Rennlist Member

Received 759 Likes on 276 Posts

My 987.2 Cayman (2011) started doing that about a year or two in, and the dealer replaced it, no questions asked. Haven't had the problem since (thank God), and I'm now out of warranty at 76k miles.
Old 12-12-2015, 01:26 AM
HolmaN
Instructor

I was there today, removed the wrap over the light sensor but that didn't work, started the gps, noticed everythign works apart from the gps antennawhen it comes to the gps part? It works as far as I can enter information, start it, it guides me etc, but it's from the location I was at last time it was started. So it doesn't find my current position, another fun thing I jsut notice is this:
When I toch anything outside that activates any signal in the car, it activates the stereo for 10-20 seconds.
Video below. (keep in mind that the car is locked on the video)

Quick Reply: Pcm white display problem.