Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Mod Itch

I got the mod itch on my 997.2 C4S

So far:

K&N Air Filters
IPD Plenum
Sharkwerks Bypass
H&R Springs

The car is a huge difference with these mods, quicker response and harder pull. IMO is a combo of everything together, that being said, Im thinking of what next... ECU Tune? Headers and Exhaust? I dont want to mess with the engine, just the air in and out components.

Cosmetic, Im thinking Misha Ducktail, and wheel dynamics old school wheels, its will give it the 911 Sport Classic look...

Thoughts?

Old 12-27-2015, 01:11 PM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 145 Likes on 92 Posts

Hey, looka there, snow in Long Beach!!! El Niño strikes again.
Old 12-27-2015, 01:21 PM
DutchNy
Racer

LoL no, this was Angeles Crest Hwy on Xmas Day
Old 12-27-2015, 01:53 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Join the list: https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...r-carrera.html
Old 12-27-2015, 02:12 PM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,157 Likes on 736 Posts

Originally Posted by USMC_DS1
That's a dangerous place to visit
Old 12-27-2015, 11:29 PM
DutchNy
Racer

Very Dangerous!
Old 12-28-2015, 02:32 AM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

The freer flowing K&N will indeed improve performance. For a while. It will be even better with no filter at all.

For a while.
Old 12-28-2015, 03:10 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,061 Posts

I think I've seen your car around the lbc Naples / belmont shore area....

I can show you some mod addiction....
Old 12-28-2015, 07:57 AM
1Carnut
Pro

Received 75 Likes on 47 Posts

Been doing this a long time (probably longer than some on here have been alive) and I have done pretty much everything you can do to a car (including taking a brand new car apart and rebuilding it replacing most of the factory parts), and in the last 40 + years I have not only modified all 40 of my Porsche's but many other peoples as well. I have some really good advise for anyone before they start doing things. Think first about what you want in the end. If you want fast, and do not want to mess with the engine (Sell your car buy faster car), if you want better handling (go with lighter wheels 18" on 997's and get a nice set of coil overs just being lower does not make it handle better), if you want better sound (an aftermarket exhaust will work you might loose a few pounds too but no real power gain), and finally I have never been a fan of AWD (have converted all my AWD cars Porsche's and Lamborghini's ) to RWD and will always believe only RWD's are truly drivers cars, but things change I am old (I think music ended when Jerry died) and understand some people like AWD. This is for OP, the huge gain you think you got was likely less than 15hp (it is all in your mind) car sounds a little better so you think it is faster, like I said earlier if you are not going to supercharge or turbo charge the car do not bother. I have seen people spend over 10K on mods a brag how the got 60hp, turns out they got 22. I have even seen loss of power from some mods. Over the years the cars that I have had (or seen or been a part of making) that had the best results were the ones that the owners said I do not care about warranty, I do not care what it will be worth when its done, and I don't care what costs to build. Happy New Year
Old 12-28-2015, 02:13 PM
captainbaker
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by USMC_DS1
Its interesting how some of the posters in that thread have been 'De Modding' over the last year or two. About the only thing I want to do is add a Turbo tail and Rothmans magnetic hood stripe. Tomorrow might be a different story.
Old 12-28-2015, 03:57 PM
DutchNy
Racer

Originally Posted by Spyerx
I think I've seen your car around the lbc Naples / belmont shore area....

I can show you some mod addiction....

I live in Naples, Ill PM you my info.
Old 12-28-2015, 04:02 PM
DutchNy
Racer

Originally Posted by 1Carnut
Been doing this a long time (probably longer than some on here have been alive) and I have done pretty much everything you can do to a car (including taking a brand new car apart and rebuilding it replacing most of the factory parts), and in the last 40 + years I have not only modified all 40 of my Porsche's but many other peoples as well. I have some really good advise for anyone before they start doing things. Think first about what you want in the end. If you want fast, and do not want to mess with the engine (Sell your car buy faster car), if you want better handling (go with lighter wheels 18" on 997's and get a nice set of coil overs just being lower does not make it handle better), if you want better sound (an aftermarket exhaust will work you might loose a few pounds too but no real power gain), and finally I have never been a fan of AWD (have converted all my AWD cars Porsche's and Lamborghini's ) to RWD and will always believe only RWD's are truly drivers cars, but things change I am old (I think music ended when Jerry died) and understand some people like AWD. This is for OP, the huge gain you think you got was likely less than 15hp (it is all in your mind) car sounds a little better so you think it is faster, like I said earlier if you are not going to supercharge or turbo charge the car do not bother. I have seen people spend over 10K on mods a brag how the got 60hp, turns out they got 22. I have even seen loss of power from some mods. Over the years the cars that I have had (or seen or been a part of making) that had the best results were the ones that the owners said I do not care about warranty, I do not care what it will be worth when its done, and I don't care what costs to build. Happy New Year

I agree with you, when I say power gain, the car is more throttle responsive then originally.

I have a heavily modded Z06, I use the C4S and the Cayenne TT as Daily Drivers and for the AWD system of driving in all weather, the Z06 is a death trap in wet weather.

The only other mechanical mod I am considering is the ECU Tune, Cosmetically I want to throw on a Ducktail and change the rims to speedster wheels.
Old 12-29-2015, 07:05 AM
1Carnut
Pro

Received 75 Likes on 47 Posts

I had a rather modified 07 Lemans Blue Z06, one of the scariest cars I have ever owned. It is your car and you should do whatever you want with it. Cosmetic changes can certainly

add to the eye appeal. I have mad many, many or them over the years as well.
Old 12-29-2015, 03:59 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Just a little photo sample to help you decide....

Let us know if we can help you!

www.wheeldynamics.com
Attached Images  
Old 12-29-2015, 04:09 PM
DutchNy
Racer

Originally Posted by Wheel Dynamics
Just a little photo sample to help you decide....

Let us know if we can help you!

www.wheeldynamics.com
I tried contacting your company via your contact form on the website but no one called me back, that was 2wks ago.

Quick Reply: Mod Itch