Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! My boyfriend will kill me when he sees what I’ve done to his car

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2016, 06:22 PM
motopix
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I can only imagine what would have happened had she asked for alignment numbers...
Old 03-11-2016, 07:03 PM
jennifer911
Racer

Received 100 Likes on 58 Posts

Thanks, Carmichael, when I was young and a full-time bicycle racer I married a young (just starting out) lawyer. I can be b!tchy sometimes and he had an immense temper so we didn’t last long. Whenever I cross paths with him at a social function or political thing he scowls at me from across the room, I shoot daggers at him and my evening ends being ruined. I get my own back though, I’ve remained good friends with his father who is such a great guy. I help him with some of his medical problems (I have a couple inside connections to our Canadian socialized medical system and he helps me in the field I’m trying to pursue. Although I must admit I mostly keep my friendship going because I know it annoys and drives my ex crazy.
Old 03-11-2016, 07:08 PM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jennifer911
Zirrah , Buch, et al, I’m sorry, no sisters, there’s only me. My dad had a one-man shop where he fabricated parts for antique cars and custom insulations. In our world there was no going to an auto dealership or ebay for parts and components. Even the machine tools, Tig welders, and English Wheels were all homemade. We lived in rooms attached to the shop. I grew up doing my homework on the kitchen table next to whatever bits and pieces he had dragged in to puzzle over before shaping them into a working component.

I don’t get under the hood and work on the engines etc of a car, but like to try my hand on simpler cleaner jobs. My mom died when I was very young and her family treated me extremely well. I loved my dad and was perplexed when they called him a ‘grease monkey’ etc. They had some crummy middle management government jobs and thought a lot of their position in the world. Their influence was starting to make me a bit ashamed of my situation. However, as I got a little older I noticed how lawyers, surgeons, captains of industry etc showed my dad immense respect when they came to him for help with some car hobby problem.

I would think everyone here has a butler or two on staff to handle any mundane annoyance that may come along. However, I cherish my humble background and enjoy the independence of being able to fix a few things myself.
Very cool regardless. I've enjoyed this thread very much, thanks for posting.
Old 03-11-2016, 11:28 PM
Austin997.2
Burning Brakes

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

I think this is a "catfish" who wrote this. Why would someone have a Rennlist account when they don't even own a Porsche, sounds like a big hassle.

And if a guy had written this there would have been 20 responses saying the poster of the message should look through the archives. Double standard.
Old 03-12-2016, 12:41 AM
jennifer911
Racer

Received 100 Likes on 58 Posts

No I don’t own my own Porsche Mr Austin (Although I’m stacking up a lot of miles in the navigator’s chair). If this is against the rules or something, I guess you could always get a moderator to kick me out of here.

If you don’t like this post, or me, here’s an idea, just avoid both. I will pay the same courtesy to you and your posts
Old 03-12-2016, 05:42 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

This thread is like a forum gang bang except it's lacking depth. Jennifer show us your ****
Old 03-12-2016, 07:53 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,588 Likes on 736 Posts

Originally Posted by Para82
This thread is like a forum gang bang except it's lacking depth. Jennifer show us your ****
+2
Old 03-13-2016, 03:23 AM
ATSR
Burning Brakes

Received 202 Likes on 94 Posts

Hahaha best comment I've read on rennlist for a while
Old 03-13-2016, 04:46 AM
Austin997.2
Burning Brakes

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Except I'm pretty sure Jennifer is a Bob or maybe a Caitlyn.....Jenner.
Old 03-13-2016, 06:24 AM
Ni_Mo
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Austin997.2
Except I'm pretty sure Jennifer is a Bob or maybe a Caitlyn.....Jenner.
Old 03-13-2016, 09:02 AM
Alfaguy2
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well if it was my porsche a mishap with the key would not bother me too much knowing I had a spare key anyway. Would be worse if you crashed or scratched it. I did not read the whole thread so am not sure what the outcome was in the end.
Old 03-13-2016, 09:08 AM
ElectricChair
Rennlist Member

Received 200 Likes on 93 Posts

Yeah.. it's about time! 5 pages and still bla bla bla

Quick Reply: Help! My boyfriend will kill me when he sees what I’ve done to his car