Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PPI for Cream White 997.2 in Fort Payne, AL

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 04:46 PM
Abe Froman
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

The fact it has 72K miles and is touted as a show car ("only used on weekends by a grandma who took it back and forth to church") makes no sense & says a lot about the dealer. Maybe if it had 15K miles.
Old 01-07-2017, 05:21 PM
cool flash
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Abe Froman
Macadamia is one of my favorite colors on the 997.
I know some people love this color while others dont. I didnt mean to offend the macademia lovers out there.

Anyway, this creme white color is used almost exclusively for Merc taxis here in Germany so on a Porsche it looks and feels just wrong.
Old 01-07-2017, 05:37 PM
hpapad01
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

If this is a 'show' car then my car and all the cars in this forum should be eligible for Concourse de' elegance status.

The fact that it is presented in such a deplorable condition for sale should underline this sellers motives.

However, keep in mind that there is such a market which full-feels the desire for low cost troubled cars and from what I know it is very profitable, assuming you are the seller.

If you are still interested in this car call the seller and make an offer for half the requested price. For this particular car I would offer 15K and would not pay more than 18K tops. Make sure you point out every single item that's wrong with the presentation of this car. From the dirt of the outside to the unattended condition of the interior. From the fact that had water damage to the condition of the scratched wheels. Explain to him that you are not there to insult him but rather you are there to offer a business transaction based on how this car is presented.

Another way to do it is to offer him 1K above his overall cost.

And keep in mind in the car business the seller makes money with how they bought the car NOT how much they are selling it.
Old 01-07-2017, 05:47 PM
Abe Froman
Pro

Originally Posted by cool flash
I know some people love this color while others dont. I didnt mean to offend the macademia lovers out there.

Anyway, this creme white color is used almost exclusively for Merc taxis here in Germany so on a Porsche it looks and feels just wrong.
Given its a taxi color that makes sense! Probably the same reason I don't like yellow cars
Brown is polarizing - Brown Car Appreciation Society on Facebook is in place for the lovers.
Another benefit is the brown cars usually go for less and sit around until a buyer snaps it up.
Porache Racing Green seems to be another love/hate color.
Old 01-07-2017, 06:03 PM
usafakid09
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Insurance companies don't total cars for $600 of damage a detail would fix. I'm willing to bet it has all kinds of problems and the airbag and PSM lights are just the tip of the iceberg. I wouldn't even waste my time with an inspection; I'd keep looking.
Old 01-07-2017, 06:19 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As an auto appraiser that has worked with flood cars in the past, you do not want a water damaged newer car of any kind, especially a Porsche. Too many electronics. I would run from this car. There's no way an insurance company would total a car with "$600" worth of water damage. I've worked TX floods before, and know TX total loss laws. $600 in water is basically pull the seats out and clean the carpets, which will not total a 911.

I've also lived in AL and my family still lives there. I'm pretty sure it's known as a state to wash car titles of their branded status, be it flood, or whatever.
Old 01-07-2017, 06:20 PM
Hi-Arc
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Airbag and PSM lights are "on" from water would be my guess.
Old 01-07-2017, 06:25 PM
GTS Sully
Pro

Received 151 Likes on 87 Posts

I lol'd pretty hard at this: "Car is priced at half the retail to sale quick, Bank wire or cashiers check only, I will not finance, if you need to get a lone do not hit buy it now till you have the check in your hand. I have a clear AL title with no liens."
Old 01-07-2017, 07:18 PM
Redhot2474
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts
Default I'd take this car

for free...
Old 01-07-2017, 07:35 PM
Abe Froman
Pro

Originally Posted by usafakid09
Insurance companies don't total cars for $600 of damage a detail would fix. I'm willing to bet it has all kinds of problems and the airbag and PSM lights are just the tip of the iceberg. I wouldn't even waste my time with an inspection; I'd keep looking.
OP selfishly want you to get the PPI. Curious what it turns up. Maybe you found a good deal- always a chance eh?
Old 01-08-2017, 04:58 PM
Marshal_Mercer
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

....The color is one of the worst as well (along with that macademia brown).

Regards

CF
I suspect that where you live you see taxicabs painted in this color, and that has put you off to it. Completely understood. On this side of the ocean, "cream" is a fairly uncommon color. I get nothing but favorable comments about mine because of that.

Cheers,
Marshal
Old 01-08-2017, 05:23 PM
cool flash
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

In Germany this color is called "light ivory" and until some years ago all taxis were required to have only this one color. So it's deeply ingrained within me and I am now too old to change that. Kind of like a red sports car is assumed to be a Ferrari. Nonetheless my first 911 was guards red, although the main reason for that was that the seller lived close by.

Regardless, we all enjoy our cars no matter the color and that is what counts!

Regards

CF
Old 01-08-2017, 05:38 PM
captainbaker
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

In Germany this color is called "light ivory" and until some years ago all taxis were required to have only this one color. So it's deeply ingrained within me and I am now too old to change that. Kind of like a red sports car is assumed to be a Ferrari. Nonetheless my first 911 was guards red, although the main reason for that was that the seller lived close by.

Regardless, we all enjoy our cars no matter the color and that is what counts!

Regards

CF
Cheers to that. My first 911sc was Chiffon White (creme). Loved it but never made the connection when traveling with in Germany. Funny thing as I always lusted after pure white cars but settled on the chiffon due to me being broke and the car being local.

Back on track. After reviewing the sellers other cars, I would not walk away from the sale. I would cut my Achilles tendon with a rusty saw blade and douse the wound with lemon juice. Better to die of sepsis then have a garage full of shame and regrets.

Just kidding...I have a citrus allergy.
Old 01-12-2017, 09:49 AM
kinetic125
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Still need a PPI source

Thank you everyone for the comments. Generally, I share the same skeptical view, but I am willing to have a PPI performed "just for fun."

Does anyone know someone who can perform a proper PPI in the Fort Payne, AL area?

Is there a database of PPI vendors that I can access?

TIA

--Kinetic125
Old 01-12-2017, 11:56 PM
Abe Froman
Pro

Originally Posted by kinetic125
Thank you everyone for the comments. Generally, I share the same skeptical view, but I am willing to have a PPI performed "just for fun."

Does anyone know someone who can perform a proper PPI in the Fort Payne, AL area?

Is there a database of PPI vendors that I can access?

TIA

--Kinetic125
Probably Chattanooga, 53 miles away. That town is in the middle of nowhere.

http://www.pcarshops.com/search?q=Fort%20Payne%20al

Quick Reply: PPI for Cream White 997.2 in Fort Payne, AL