Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Dundon or Evoms Headers on GT3?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 01:30 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,445 Likes on 781 Posts
Default Dundon or Evoms Headers on GT3?

Which would you choose? Do you feel Dundon is worth the increased $$$?
Old 11-14-2018, 01:45 PM
a_Y
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts

If you can stand the smell, go with dundon race. Won't regret it!
Old 11-14-2018, 02:42 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by a_Y
Is that what you have?
Old 11-14-2018, 04:52 PM
PTSGT3
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by a_Y
Can you elaborate sound? smell? droan?
Old 11-14-2018, 05:36 PM
WantA997
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by PTSGT3
Can you elaborate sound? smell? droan?
No cats = smelly.
Old 11-14-2018, 07:31 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Any feedback from those that have dundon or evoms on their 997?
Old 11-14-2018, 08:21 PM
RennOracle
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Dundon or fabspeed long tubes, if you don't want the smell get the catted from dundon same price as catless.
Evoms aren't even competition here.
Old 11-14-2018, 09:00 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RennOracle
Dundon or fabspeed long tubes, if you don't want the smell get the catted from dundon same price as catless.
Evoms aren't even competition here.
Are you running either one?
Old 11-14-2018, 09:24 PM
bmwtye
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

Sharkwerks Headers/Cats and Bypass

After going from Track exhaust, to Bypass, and now Bypass plus Headers, I can say this is the best combination Ive tried to date. From a sound perspective, there is ZERO drone. This thing is track exhaust loud when WOT, yet bypass quiet when just cruising around. The best way to describe it is imagine being able to turn the volume up on the bypass. At WOT, the sound is a very clean wale, much cleaner sounding than the track exhaust which i thought was a little muddy.

More importantly than sound, with the retune optimized for this setup, there are significant gains across the range. The mid range pickup is significant to tell by the butt dyno, where i dont feel the need to have to gear down if im not in the ideal gear.

The Sharkwerks/Evoms Headers come with 200 Cell cats. They are fully modular so you can remove the cats when you go to the track and replace with a test pipe, which is nice so you arent burning your cats out.

Here are some videos with the header/bypass setup

Rev:

I am very curious to try out the Dundon long-tube catted system with black muffler. Long-tube headers done right typically produce more gains than shorties, so Im not surprised with the numbers Dundon is producing with these. Dundon sells a high quality product and stands behind it 100%. While not on top order of things to do for me, eventually I will do a back to back dyno of my current Evoms system and then the Dundon system.
Old 11-14-2018, 10:02 PM
TheSilverFox
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Big fan of Dundon system fit perfect. Probably would have bought the catted system if available back when I purchased. Glad I didn’t, like the race system without cats. Sounds wicked nasty at WOT. Don’t find any odors in the cabin and zero drone.
Old 11-15-2018, 01:05 PM
gt2-josh
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

I know these aren't on your list but I just sold a set of Cargraphic long tube 100 cell catted headers with matching Cargraphic side deletes. The sound is insanely good. I only had it on my car for a handful of miles but neighbors, my UPS guy even a couple young dudes that heard the sound said it was outrageously dope/sick/good etc. I was asked to start the car so people could hear it several times. Why did I sell it? Stupidity most likely. The only downside is it is the most expensive exhaust for our cars other than Akrapovic. JBO
Old 11-15-2018, 01:45 PM
voodoo
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts

I hate you guys. Now I want headers...
Old 11-15-2018, 01:51 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gt2-josh
I know these aren't on your list but I just sold a set of Cargraphic long tube 100 cell catted headers with matching Cargraphic side deletes. The sound is insanely good. I only had it on my car for a handful of miles but neighbors, my UPS guy even a couple young dudes that heard the sound said it was outrageously dope/sick/good etc. I was asked to start the car so people could hear it several times. Why did I sell it? Stupidity most likely. The only downside is it is the most expensive exhaust for our cars other than Akrapovic. JBO
Seems like the Dundon's are even more expensive?
Old 11-15-2018, 02:04 PM
gt2-josh
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

You may be correct. I'd say they are both very expensive. If I were doing it again I would buy the Dundon. It's an incredible looking exhaust and everything I hear is it works as good as it looks. I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it but you may need a tune to optimize the exhaust. Please let us know what you get. JBO PS one thing awesome about the setup on BMWTYEs car in addition to the sound in those audio clips is Sharkwerks/Evo offer a tune designed to optimize their exhaust setup and it makes real gains backed up by dyno graphs.
Old 11-16-2018, 01:32 AM
BDCGT3
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

As is seemingly all too often the case, an OP asks a question...in this instance, wanting to hear from people who have had experience with one or both headers that he is considering...a couple of people chime in with one comment or another about the headers but it is unclear as to whether or not these posters are speaking from personal experience...so it is understandable when the OP in essence asks each of the responders if they had ever installed the referenced header on their own vehicle, or at least what had prompted their response...in each case silence...not until the ninth thread, as is often the case even to this newbie, "bmwtye" weighs in with his usual helpful and extensive commentary based on his experiences...while even taking the time to provide not only pictures but sound clips as well.
Hats off to the seemingly usual responders who are always providing the most extensive and helpful commentary about the question at hand...in my estimation they not only don't get enough credit for all the time they take to elaborate at length about their experience vis a vis the question, but all too often they aren't even acknowledged, let alone thanked for having taken the time to do so.

Quick Reply: Dundon or Evoms Headers on GT3?