997 GT2 670bhp advice on mods

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2019, 03:52 PM
Maxi_z
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts
Default 997 GT2 670bhp advice on mods

Hi

I am usually writing on the 991 GT3 forum as I own a 991 1 GT3 Clubsport and a 991 2 GT3 RS

I am interested to change my older 991 gt3 for a 997 GT3 RS or a 997 GT2 to use both on road and track and I m located in Europe

My question

I found at a local garage that sells many nice porsche cars a 997 GT3 that is about 60000km with carbon buckets a nice specs and the car is fully converted to gt2 rs look (rear bumper tail lights) with gt2 rs wheels with centerlock etc all using oem parts and is also tuned
to around 670bhp by a well know tuner with custom exhaust ecu etc...

I would like some advice on particular details to look for if interested in that car

I don t know the exact details of the modifications but usually does the gt2 have to be fitted with different oil coolers or intercoolers or radiators if tuned to that kind of level to use it on the track without problems?
What about fuel system injectors fuel pump etc?

Any other parts that really have to be upgraded if I want to use it on track that are particularly weak on the GT2?

Unfortunately in Europe almost no one is pinning or welding the coolant lines so that s something I already know about and that should be done

Thanks

Old 11-22-2019, 07:10 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

A quick search on Mobile.de and it looks like this is the car for sale at Dream Car Performance ?

If you scroll through KSF Motorsport Facebook you can see they had this car in on Oct 6 2017 and September 28 2017 but it only mentions custom exhaust and Sachs "racing" clutch, there is no mention of any tuning but maybe that was doen before or after and they didn't put it on Facebook. KSF appear to use MRC Tuning who are Audi tuners from the UK. There are no details of any tuning packages for the 997GT2 from MRC but if I look at PP Performance they claim 670PS/840NM from tune and exhaust so I am thinking this will be what the car above has had done.
To have a manufacturer stable 670PS/840NM requires intercoolers and bigger turbos but doing it on the stock parts will not likely harm the motor as it has plenty of built in protection via the ECU. I am thinking the ECU program will be a generic one so is likely to be good enough.

So in summary personally I would go for this car, it is a 2009 with some lovely RS parts on it and looks fantastic, the engine will be fine and definitely fast enough and the price is very good !

If you get serious maybe you could telephone the guys at KSF and ask them exactly what has been done to the motor and ask them if they have a dyno sheet (I noticed they dyno most stuff from their Facebook site and their dyno is quite reliable, although I don't recall the make I've seen that type of print out before and its always been realistic)
Old 11-22-2019, 09:29 PM
Maxi_z
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by TB993tt
A quick search on Mobile.de and it looks like this is the car for sale at Dream Car Performance ?

If you scroll through KSF Motorsport Facebook you can see they had this car in on Oct 6 2017 and September 28 2017 but it only mentions custom exhaust and Sachs "racing" clutch, there is no mention of any tuning but maybe that was doen before or after and they didn't put it on Facebook. KSF appear to use MRC Tuning who are Audi tuners from the UK. There are no details of any tuning packages for the 997GT2 from MRC but if I look at PP Performance they claim 670PS/840NM from tune and exhaust so I am thinking this will be what the car above has had done.
To have a manufacturer stable 670PS/840NM requires intercoolers and bigger turbos but doing it on the stock parts will not likely harm the motor as it has plenty of built in protection via the ECU. I am thinking the ECU program will be a generic one so is likely to be good enough.

So in summary personally I would go for this car, it is a 2009 with some lovely RS parts on it and looks fantastic, the engine will be fine and definitely fast enough and the price is very good !

If you get serious maybe you could telephone the guys at KSF and ask them exactly what has been done to the motor and ask them if they have a dyno sheet (I noticed they dyno most stuff from their Facebook site and their dyno is quite reliable, although I don't recall the make I've seen that type of print out before and its always been realistic)
TB993TT

Well done

Yes I found the car for sale at dream car performance

I was mostly looking for a 997 GT3 RS but a GT2 with rs look and that kind of power is also really nice

I dont know too well the 997 Turbo and GT2 engine and what usually have to be changed

I would really push the car when on track and what I would not like is that every two laps the car enters some limp mode because of some too high oil temperature or not having enough fuel pressure or not enough cooling etc...

No problem if for example I have to buy better coilovers but would not want to have to look after every single technical part to make it work at that kind of power

I see that you also have a GT2 with rs parts and I agree that they look fantastic especially at the rear...

The only thing I do not like too much on the one for sale is the carbon look wrap on the hood and I would prefer to remove it (or fit a real carbon hood) but that s details...

Thanks

Old 11-22-2019, 10:17 PM
CT944
Drifting

Received 157 Likes on 110 Posts

Nice car
Old 11-23-2019, 05:32 AM
stef1808
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

670bhp?
new coolers, cats, turbos, manifold etc
I'm tempted to do this to mine but worried about losing the linear response and making it unsuitable for track driving
Old 11-23-2019, 08:28 AM
JG 996T
Rennlist Member

Received 492 Likes on 268 Posts

Never heard or seen a GT2 go into limp mode at track. Modified or stock. GT2 has upgraded inter coolers. Anything can be modified, but not a prerequisite to run hard at track, IMO
Old 12-21-2019, 05:43 PM
RennOracle
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Water meth, e88 ic, intake pipes (the ones from the ic to the airbox), 3 inch or bigger exhaust, with a muffler if possible (more to help with boost during on/off throttle) and a good tune (esmotor does magic). No need for turbos. For reliability, coolant pipes welded, cam bolts well torqued, mesh on radiators, drexler lsd and a good clutch pack to handle the torque.
A good IC, a properly sized exhaust and a tune and you will get 650 already. Water meth just makes everything better and faster and reliable.
Old 12-21-2019, 05:45 PM
RennOracle
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by stef1808
670bhp?
new coolers, cats, turbos, manifold etc
I'm tempted to do this to mine but worried about losing the linear response and making it unsuitable for track driving
look at the graphs on esmotor, those cars are silky smooth, no spikes of torque just a linear pull to the redline. The stock car is edgier and more dangerous power delivery wise than any modern tuned gt2 I drove.
Old 12-23-2019, 12:08 PM
Vince964T
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They don't go into limp mode but you lose power after a few laps with the stock intercooler. Necessary upgrade if you track/increase power.
The weak point is the gear box.But there isn't much you can do about that !

Quick Reply: 997 GT2 670bhp advice on mods