Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Quickjack owners, what's your jack orientation

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2023, 02:20 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,753 Likes on 1,647 Posts

Nice method on the center lock removal. Can I add that it might be a good idea to remove the ratchet before the center lock nut is fully removed to prevent the wheel from accidentally falling during ratchet removal. I would remove the ratchet as soon as it was no longer needed (center nut broken loose). I always worry about my pccb's and calipers during wheel removal.

Old 09-09-2023, 02:52 PM
Wonderdan
Rennlist Member

Received 1,064 Likes on 581 Posts

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
Nice method on the center lock removal. Can I add that it might be a good idea to remove the ratchet before the center lock nut is fully removed to prevent the wheel from accidentally falling during ratchet removal. I would remove the ratchet as soon as it was no longer needed (center nut broken loose). I always worry about my pccb's and calipers during wheel removal.
totally something I didn’t record was putting the wheel alignment tool/peg on/off so it doesn’t risk falling, I wouldn’t leave it hanging free for the reasons you stated.
The following users liked this post:
RAudi Driver (09-09-2023)
Old 09-09-2023, 02:53 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,753 Likes on 1,647 Posts

I'm stealing your jack stand safety trick.
Old 09-10-2023, 11:12 AM
Clifton
Pro

Received 55 Likes on 31 Posts

Bummer, I keep trying to link to a good video from quickjack that explains weight distribution and using the label to help with orientation, but for some reason, the URL keeps breaking.

https:// www youtube com /watch?v=ZNBIi_irUzU&t=7s

Last edited by Clifton; 09-10-2023 at 11:24 AM.
Old 09-11-2023, 02:19 PM
Wonderdan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Clifton
Bummer, I keep trying to link to a good video from quickjack that explains weight distribution and using the label to help with orientation, but for some reason, the URL keeps breaking.

https:// www youtube com /watch?v=ZNBIi_irUzU&t=7s
I tried also, its being moderated out

Last edited by Wonderdan; 09-11-2023 at 02:53 PM.
Old 09-11-2023, 02:57 PM
drl
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Wonderdan
Here is the install, easy enough... I do pay attention though cause the clamp could touch the wheel or body if it slipped somehow or wasn't connected.

https://youtu.be/_JNbd_C_lk8

Also a picture of my Quickjack insurance policy, I do this if i'm under the car... whatever you do dont forget they are there
Wouldn't applying the brake be much easier than fussing with the strap on 4 corners?

Old 09-11-2023, 03:27 PM
Wonderdan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by drl
Wouldn't applying the brake be much easier than fussing with the strap on 4 corners?
I have 3 different brake pressure options I've bought over the years...

It usually goes like this... I put the spreader on the pedal w/a towel against the seat, I start with the rear and the emergency brake on... centerlock comes off nicely and I move to the front of the car and repeat the process, but the tire slips, so I go "re-seat" the brake pedal for more pressure 3 different times because its just keeps slipping, I give up and ask the wife "Sorry this one CL just seems to be seized up this time and my brake pedal isnt working, can you come step on the brake for 5 seconds."

It turns out unless the engine is on, your breaking the CL w/the tire on the ground(like obsessed garage did before he bought the HYTORC), your wife is handy, or you just put your CL on and they aren't frozen yet, this is my “just works” method .

Last edited by Wonderdan; 09-13-2023 at 11:06 AM.

Quick Reply: Quickjack owners, what's your jack orientation