Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

'07 GT3 refuses to open hood; dead battery.

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2024, 07:26 PM
JG 996T
Rennlist Member

Received 494 Likes on 269 Posts

porsche lead

Last edited by JG 996T; 03-03-2024 at 07:29 PM.
Old 03-04-2024, 12:45 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 977 Likes on 542 Posts

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
The swing and the pitch. That antigravity battery is cost prohibitive. I'll just be more vigilant in keeping the trickle charger on my $169 Interstate AGM battery from Costco.

The AGM in my Audi RS4 is the original battery from 2008 and it still works like a charm.
We fully understand the cost issue with the lithium battery, but the Porsche lithium battery which doesn't have built-in Jump Starting is $2500 dollars to put it in perspective.

But we do have another thing I forgot to bring up. We have a product that allows you guys to track the voltage and battery condition from your phone and then get sent alerts to your phone via bluetooth if the battery is low. Its actually a very cool product that allows you to see real time and historical voltages, checks the voltage sag on your starter cranking, which is a good way to check health of the battery, and also checks your charging system. Its about $35 dollars. Also, if you don't think it super cool and functional we'll give you a free refund and shipping back to us. We have not had someone didn't like it and makes checking the battery (or batteries) so simple since you only have to be within 30 ft of the Car to check it (its bluetooth). Were actually coming out with a new version in a few weeks that does a few more things like downloadable data, works with any battery checmistry, Tracks up to 4 Cars at one time, but you can input unlimited Cars to track, (but only 4 at a time on the app).
Heres a link to it.... https://antigravitybatteries.com/pro...ker-lead-acid/

Old 03-04-2024, 12:53 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 977 Likes on 542 Posts

Originally Posted by JG 996T
Well, drove it 45 minutes, stopped for a pastry. Dead again - thankfully I popped lid before I turned it off. And was in front of specialty car dealer who happened along at that time.

jumped . DOA at home.

so, in the market- AG or interstate? Definitely big cost difference
If you don't want the expense of Lithium and you want a cheap battery that is actually great, go with the Walmart Platinum Series Batteries. Interstate is also great. You would use the H6 size, and the Walmart Platinum is the exact same battery as a Die Hard, Bosche, Auto Zone and even Banner Battery that Porsche sells for much more. They are all the same Battery with just a different Lable. That is how most the lead Acid Batteries work. A few companies make all the batteries then just relable them for the OEMs and other brands.

About Braille Batteries, if you are looking at thier "Lead/Acid" Version DO NOT really buy them only unless you like their brand because they are simply are relabled DEKA Battery, and DEKA is a high quality battery but Braille adds from 25 to 30% higher cost.

The following users liked this post:
Robocop305 (03-05-2024)
Old 03-04-2024, 01:31 PM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Received 437 Likes on 310 Posts

If you think the battery problem is an irritant, wait til your ignition module malfunctions 😑
I have an entire thread on it and sooner or later it will happen. The starter solenoid is another problem that will happen sooner or later, also replaced mine after the recurring clicking problem. As for an AGM, I got the Advance Die Hard AGM. Excellent warranty/replacement, and there's an Advance in every corner if it fails-
And scroll up to post #35, I have detailed pictures on the positive quick release post on the firewall which must be cleaned periodically. Doesn't matter if you have a new plutonium battery, if it can't reach the distribution box-
Old 03-04-2024, 02:11 PM
HarmonyJim
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 45 Posts

Must use key fob, not interior switch.
Old 03-04-2024, 06:16 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,757 Likes on 1,649 Posts

Originally Posted by HarmonyJim
Must use key fob, not interior switch.
Mine didn't work with either. Now I have my trickle wire up at the cowl so I can hook up a start pack and get it up and running if I forget to trickle and the hood is locked
Old 04-04-2024, 04:36 PM
my first 911
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
Interstate from Costco is an AMG battery made in Germany. Can't go wrong for the price of $169.99.

Interstate AGM
RAudi, thanks for this! This thread made me start to worry about my battery. I've had the car since Aug of 2020. The previous maintenance records I have did not show a battery replacement. Had PPF put on the car a few weeks ago and when I picked it up they had it running. Got home and it wouldn't restart. Put it on the charger and a week later I opened the door but when I closed the door the window didn't go back up. Tried to start it and not enough power to start. Replaced the battery and started right up. The old battery had a sticker on the side that said 06/14. For whatever reason I never think to use Costco.
Old 04-04-2024, 04:55 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,757 Likes on 1,649 Posts

Originally Posted by my first 911
RAudi, thanks for this! This thread made me start to worry about my battery. I've had the car since Aug of 2020. The previous maintenance records I have did not show a battery replacement. Had PPF put on the car a few weeks ago and when I picked it up they had it running. Got home and it wouldn't restart. Put it on the charger and a week later I opened the door but when I closed the door the window didn't go back up. Tried to start it and not enough power to start. Replaced the battery and started right up. The old battery had a sticker on the side that said 06/14. For whatever reason I never think to use Costco.
LOL, I'm not a real big Costco shopper, especially for vehicles and I usually get my batteries from the Interstate store by my wife's work. Always thought it was a great deal until I saw the low price at Costco. Glad it worked out for ya.
Old 04-08-2024, 01:10 PM
DDSLT5
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I extended the hold down on the tray so it can hold the larger Euro battery. Got the DIe Hard AGM from Germany, and always keep it on a CTEK maintainer. I let the car sit for over 2 years before last year's start. Fired right up like it was driven yesterday.
Old 04-08-2024, 01:18 PM
Steve Theodore
Rennlist Member

Received 605 Likes on 309 Posts

Somewhat related, I accidentally killed my battery on my 997.1 GT2 by leaving the key in the ignition and just last Friday I was able to test out the Re-Start feature on my Antigravity battery, Longer story short, it worked faultlessly and since it was my first time using it, I was pretty darn impressed. I made a video to celebrate the moment, and thank goodness everything worked!

Antigravity (04-09-2024)
Old 04-08-2024, 01:35 PM
DDSLT5
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Theodore
Somewhat related, I accidentally killed my battery on my 997.1 GT2 by leaving the key in the ignition and just last Friday I was able to test out the Re-Start feature on my Antigravity battery, Longer story short, it worked faultlessly and since it was my first time using it, I was pretty darn impressed. I made a video to celebrate the moment, and thank goodness everything worked!

https://youtu.be/e-uLUQ07M-I

Wow! I didn't realize they made a battery with a reserve function! AWESOME!!!! Thanks bro!
Steve Theodore (04-08-2024)
Old 04-08-2024, 01:46 PM
Steve Theodore
Rennlist Member

Received 605 Likes on 309 Posts

Originally Posted by DDSLT5
Wow! I didn't realize they made a battery with a reserve function! AWESOME!!!! Thanks bro!
I have had that specific battery since 2019 and have never used Re-Start. That was pretty awesome I have to admit, and I'm happy I could capture the moment for others to see.
DDSLT5 (04-08-2024)

Quick Reply: '07 GT3 refuses to open hood; dead battery.