Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Looking for seat airbag code out PIWIS procedure on a 7.2

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2024, 12:39 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,732 Likes on 1,008 Posts
Default Looking for seat airbag code out PIWIS procedure on a 7.2

Like the title says, I'm looking to see if anyone has the procedure to code out the seat airbag light on a 2010 7.2. I swapped from the sofas which haver the airbags in them for a set of Recaros. I need to code the car for the optional OEM Euro one piece buckets. Just wanted to see if anyone has a step by step on this to speed things up for me when I take it to the shop where I can borrow a PIWIS to get this done without too much fumbling around with it.

Thx!
Old 01-02-2024, 12:51 PM
Clifton
Pro

Received 55 Likes on 31 Posts

This is what I provided my dealer when I originally coded out sofas for the GT3 buckets (no airbags).

Instructions Provided:PIWIS Main Menu -> Select POSIP -> Select Coding Scroll down and update following entries: Driver Thorax Airbag: No Passenger Thorax Airbag: No AWS: No
The following users liked this post:
Steve Theodore (01-04-2024)
Old 01-02-2024, 01:03 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Clifton
This is what I provided my dealer when I originally coded out sofas for the GT3 buckets (no airbags).

Instructions Provided:PIWIS Main Menu -> Select POSIP -> Select Coding Scroll down and update following entries: Driver Thorax Airbag: No Passenger Thorax Airbag: No AWS: No
Excellent my friend. You da man! I appreciate it.
Old 01-05-2024, 11:24 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Ok, update. Drove the car to the shop and one of the guys there took care of this for me. The procedure as stated in post #2 above is partial. The full procedure is as follows:

In POSIP menu select:
Driver Thorax Airbag: No
Passenger Thorax Airbag: No
AWS: No

Clear all stored fault codes in the DME (there will be several air bag and AWS codes)

In GATEWAY menu clear:
AWS fault code**

**This was an important step. Without clearing the GATEWAY the air bag light would not clear from the dash.
The following 2 users liked this post by powdrhound:
Body In White (01-06-2024), Clifton (01-07-2024)
Old 01-07-2024, 01:45 PM
Clifton
Pro

Received 55 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by powdrhound;[url=tel:19203451
19203451[/url]]Ok, update. Drove the car to the shop and one of the guys there took care of this for me. The procedure as stated in post #2 above is partial. The full procedure is as follows:

In POSIP menu select:
Driver Thorax Airbag: No
Passenger Thorax Airbag: No
AWS: No

Clear all stored fault codes in the DME (there will be several air bag and AWS codes)

In GATEWAY menu clear:
AWS fault code**

**This was an important step. Without clearing the GATEWAY the air bag light would not clear from the dash.
Thx for posting the updated details!! I’ve updated my own notes since the dealer’s invoice didn’t have that bonus information included.
Old 01-07-2024, 02:06 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Clifton
Thx for posting the updated details!! I’ve updated my own notes since the dealer’s invoice didn’t have that bonus information included.
You're welcome. We also used PIWIS to add the "daytime running light" menu to the cluster which allows me to turn that feature ON or OFF directly in the instrument cluster. I did not have that there before.
Old 01-11-2024, 10:16 AM
jreifler
Rennlist Member

Received 954 Likes on 450 Posts

So, I guess this isn't the same on a 7.1 ? I tried last night on mine and still have the light.
Old 01-11-2024, 10:35 AM
Wonderdan
Rennlist Member

Received 1,064 Likes on 581 Posts

Originally Posted by jreifler
So, I guess this isn't the same on a 7.1 ? I tried last night on mine and still have the light.
does this thread help at all, I vaguely remember helping with this

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...-coding-3.html
Old 01-11-2024, 12:06 PM
jreifler
Rennlist Member

Received 954 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by Wonderdan

I did not do the ECU reset. Will try that today. Thanks!
Old 01-12-2024, 10:21 AM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

The deleting the belt buckle makes no sense in the above link. The only time you would need to do that is if you did NOT transfer the belt buckle from the old seats to the new seats. To do that, you need to unclip the belt buckle from the "old" seat harness and plug it back into the harness that's in the car. I suspect some people omit this and do not plug the belt buckle wire back into the harness.
Old 01-13-2024, 01:04 AM
Wonderdan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by powdrhound
The deleting the belt buckle makes no sense in the above link. The only time you would need to do that is if you did NOT transfer the belt buckle from the old seats to the new seats. To do that, you need to unclip the belt buckle from the "old" seat harness and plug it back into the harness that's in the car. I suspect some people omit this and do not plug the belt buckle wire back into the harness.
I think people code out the belt when they don’t want to have it either plugged in or buy a dummy buckle when they are in a 5 point harness, is that what your referring to?
Old 01-13-2024, 01:16 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

I think people code out the belt when they don’t want to have it either plugged in or buy a dummy buckle when they are in a 5 point harness, is that what your referring to?
Yes, that's why some people would wanna code it out. What I was trying to say is that the seat belt buckle does not have anything to do with the airbag lights per se. It's a separate item. That link posted above made it seem like it needs to be done to get rid of the airbag light and that's not the case.
Old 01-13-2024, 04:21 PM
Wonderdan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by powdrhound
Yes, that's why some people would wanna code it out. What I was trying to say is that the seat belt buckle does not have anything to do with the airbag lights per se. It's a separate item. That link posted above made it seem like it needs to be done to get rid of the airbag light and that's not the case.
ahh gotcha, ya I missed that detail . maybe there is something in common about how they can be reset.

Quick Reply: Looking for seat airbag code out PIWIS procedure on a 7.2