Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The Gifts of Porsche Middle East

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 10:08 AM
amaist
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 007GT3
Everything in Dubai is top notch--but damn it is hot. And unless you have a million USD (IMHO) a year rolling in, you really are just a pauper compared to the oil sheiks.
Except for the treatment of migrant labor. For a place that wants to appear first world it has decidedly third world conditions for the people physically involved in building it.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:09 AM
cobrien
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by allegretto
That has certainly not been the case at my dealer, Napleton Porsche in Westmont IL

They are all (and I mean all) car guys. We talk, get together for Sat lunches. The dealership has track days with team Porsche racers for instructors. The GM is a Club racer who gets us tix for ALMS. Private Parties for new models and every once in a while just for fun.

While I understand the perceived value of the things the ME poster has shown us, I really don't feel they come close to what my dealer has done for me and their other regular customers (some who are members right here)

Service issues are handled competently and courtiously.

Too bad more dealers aren't as good in the States.

Couldn't have said it better, Napleton is far and away the best dealership I've ever worked with, for any kind of car. The GM, the sales team, service, and parts are all great, and definite cars guys who just want you to be happy with the car.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:55 AM
Jim Bacus
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by allegretto
That has certainly not been the case at my dealer, Napleton Porsche in Westmont IL

They are all (and I mean all) car guys. We talk, get together for Sat lunches. The dealership has track days with team Porsche racers for instructors. The GM is a Club racer who gets us tix for ALMS. Private Parties for new models and every once in a while just for fun.

While I understand the perceived value of the things the ME poster has shown us, I really don't feel they come close to what my dealer has done for me and their other regular customers (some who are members right here)

Service issues are handled competently and courtiously.

Too bad more dealers aren't as good in the States.

I agree, Napleton is a class act. I am there for the lunches almost every Sat. just to hangout...
Old 11-21-2007, 03:17 PM
Fallon
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just picked up at used 996 in Kuwait...

I've been pretty impressed, stopped by the dealer and they pulled off the annoying 120kph alarm that Kuwaiti spec vehicles require (went in and set the OBC one, so it only dings once as I pass 120, no more constant dinging). Free of charge with nice customer service.

Anybody know how difficult it is to import a Porsche from over here back to the U.S?
Old 11-21-2007, 10:55 PM
rop3
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 5 Posts

Good Luck with your car! As Lexus pointed out when they hit the market (never owned one).

There is the product and the non product which is equally important. I think almost everyone on the board agrees Porsche has the product, but the non- product aspect how your treated, proper up to date information while waiting for the build and the order process, post sale and of course service.

A lot of dealers fall short on this, it seems like only the manufacturers that tie in compensation to CSI ratings have consistency. Jaguar has come along way with the non-product but not the product IMO.

Originally Posted by CorsicanBB
Buying a new Porsche in the Middle East is a very nice customer experience

I read a lot about greedy dealers and shady practices in the US and other places, but it is a whole different world out here. You are treated like a real Porsche customer should.

A couple of weeks after taking delivery of your Porsche, you receive a new owner's pack in the mail, containing a very nice welcoming letter from the GMs, a framed certificate of ownership, your membership card to the local Porsche Club, several booklets about local Porsche experience, etc...

Where else do they go to such lengths to make your experience so unique and special? This is what customer service is all about!

Then, the other day, they sent me a special pack containing my personal copy of the new GT2's glossy black brochure, again with a nice letter.

This is my first Porsche, but these guys sure are making sure I will buy another one!!
Old 11-22-2007, 12:56 PM
SrfCity
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice piece and something you'll want to hang on the wall.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:55 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

Nice...but comparable to what you get if you buy a $3000 watch. Makes me think you should get something even more impressive for dropping $100K+

Quick Reply: The Gifts of Porsche Middle East