The Gifts of Porsche Middle East

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 07:58 AM
CorsicanBB
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The Gifts of Porsche Middle East

Buying a new Porsche in the Middle East is a very nice customer experience

I read a lot about greedy dealers and shady practices in the US and other places, but it is a whole different world out here. You are treated like a real Porsche customer should.

A couple of weeks after taking delivery of your Porsche, you receive a new owner's pack in the mail, containing a very nice welcoming letter from the GMs, a framed certificate of ownership, your membership card to the local Porsche Club, several booklets about local Porsche experience, etc...

Where else do they go to such lengths to make your experience so unique and special? This is what customer service is all about!

Then, the other day, they sent me a special pack containing my personal copy of the new GT2's glossy black brochure, again with a nice letter.

This is my first Porsche, but these guys sure are making sure I will buy another one!!

Last edited by CorsicanBB; 02-04-2008 at 11:41 PM.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:04 AM
David A
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Impressive!
Old 08-03-2007, 08:07 AM
psychoideas
Drifting

There's a lot of Money in Dubai, isn't there?

You can't get me a job over there can you?
Old 08-03-2007, 08:09 AM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks like you could have negotiated another couple hundred $ off the purchase price.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:30 AM
CorsicanBB
Racer

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
Looks like you could have negotiated another couple hundred $ off the purchase price.
What's a couple of hundred dollars when you fork up 110+k for the car! Plus, I love the gifts
Old 08-03-2007, 08:36 AM
WHB Porsche
I'm Still Jenny
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That reminds me of dealers in the Midwest who actually give a crap about their customers, as opposed to here in the NYC/Tri-State area.

My experiences in the ME have been a bit different, to say the least. More along the lines of "For 35 Dinar per night you can have FREE internet and COMPLIMENTARY breakfast!"
Old 08-03-2007, 08:51 AM
CorsicanBB
Racer

Originally Posted by WHB Porsche
That reminds me of dealers in the Midwest who actually give a crap about their customers, as opposed to here in the NYC/Tri-State area.

My experiences in the ME have been a bit different, to say the least. More along the lines of "For 35 Dinar per night you can have FREE internet and COMPLIMENTARY breakfast!"
I know what you mean. Have had my share of that kind of place! But Dubai and Abu Dhabi are top notch.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:10 AM
krC2S
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

btw the cars there are actually cheaper then here..as far as i remember the club sport GT3 is $106k (they get the rollbar and racing seats) and the RS is 118( again with rollbar and racing seats) and no taxes!

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
Old 08-03-2007, 03:19 PM
YA911Fan
Burning Brakes

At an American dealer you'd feel lucky to be offered a cellophane wrapped muffin ("Best before Jan 2011") and some bad coffee when you came in to get the first rattle fixed.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:28 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by YA911Fan
At an American dealer you'd feel lucky to be offered a cellophane wrapped muffin ("Best before Jan 2011") and some bad coffee when you came in to get the first rattle fixed.
That has certainly not been the case at my dealer, Napleton Porsche in Westmont IL

They are all (and I mean all) car guys. We talk, get together for Sat lunches. The dealership has track days with team Porsche racers for instructors. The GM is a Club racer who gets us tix for ALMS. Private Parties for new models and every once in a while just for fun.

While I understand the perceived value of the things the ME poster has shown us, I really don't feel they come close to what my dealer has done for me and their other regular customers (some who are members right here)

Service issues are handled competently and courtiously.

Too bad more dealers aren't as good in the States.

Old 08-03-2007, 03:29 PM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

ROFLMAO
Old 08-03-2007, 03:35 PM
tocho1
Instructor

Maybe Im an outlier here, but all I want from my dealer was (is): 997 RS at MSRP (done), decent service art decent prices, meaning oil changes, etc (done); free track inspections (done)...And put me in the line for the 998 RS whenver it comes.

The cards, boxes, cocktails, posters et, etc all nice but dont do anything for me.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:26 PM
CorsicanBB
Racer

Originally Posted by allegretto
That has certainly not been the case at my dealer, Napleton Porsche in Westmont IL

They are all (and I mean all) car guys. We talk, get together for Sat lunches. The dealership has track days with team Porsche racers for instructors. The GM is a Club racer who gets us tix for ALMS. Private Parties for new models and every once in a while just for fun.

While I understand the perceived value of the things the ME poster has shown us, I really don't feel they come close to what my dealer has done for me and their other regular customers (some who are members right here)

Service issues are handled competently and courtiously.

Too bad more dealers aren't as good in the States.

I agree with you: good customer service does not depend on where you live, but on the people you deal with. You certainly seem happy with yours.

You get extremely personalized care here as well, btw. Most of the top managers at the Porsche service centers here are german, who came from the factory on 2 or 3-yr posts outside Germany. Great people to talk to and learn from!
Old 08-03-2007, 09:07 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

"whaddya mean you gots a rattle, they all do that"
Old 08-04-2007, 01:16 PM
007GT3
Instructor

Everything in Dubai is top notch--but damn it is hot. And unless you have a million USD (IMHO) a year rolling in, you really are just a pauper compared to the oil sheiks.

Quick Reply: The Gifts of Porsche Middle East