Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Speeding ticket from hell

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 05:53 PM
007GT3
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speeding ticket from hell

Is it me, or is there something wrong with this trooper?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMaMY...d.php?t=203324
Old 11-21-2007, 06:42 PM
gt3cup98
Racer

I couldn't watch the whole thing. Crazy with a badge. Wonder what they think.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:42 PM
SrfCity
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

F'd up. IMO I think cops are being told to be liberal with the tasers so that it puts more fear into people. The government knows people will only put up with so much and they're still trying to maintain control through excessive force. It's called tyranny

BTW, if you don't want to watch the whole thing then check this out. It gets even better.

http://infowars.net/articles/novembe...11107Tased.htm
Old 11-21-2007, 07:55 PM
tiger 6
Advanced

Someone should be getting their *** sued off!
Old 11-21-2007, 08:05 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,958 Likes on 556 Posts

the best part is that the guy totally knew the officer failed to indicate why he was being pulled over, what speed, didn't read him his rights, and didn't say why he was being arrested.

due process, eh?

oh my bad that took place in utah.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:14 PM
rop3
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 5 Posts

Agreed in the last few months one woman went blind another guy died from the taser?

Originally Posted by SrfCity
F'd up. IMO I think cops are being told to be liberal with the tasers so that it puts more fear into people. The government knows people will only put up with so much and they're still trying to maintain control through excessive force. It's called tyranny

BTW, if you don't want to watch the whole thing then check this out. It gets even better.

http://infowars.net/articles/novembe...11107Tased.htm
Old 11-22-2007, 12:58 AM
flash1034
Pro

Oh goody...here we go with another cop bashing thread... I really look forward to this...not! Can we talk cars, Porsches in particular...please?

Flash
Old 11-22-2007, 02:42 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by flash1034
Oh goody...here we go with another cop bashing thread
So, are you saying that you agree with what happened? Did you watch the video?

Yes sir, cops sometimes get a bad rap doing what many folks cannot or will not do as a career. But, in this case, the video proves there are folks who shouldnt be in positions they are appointed.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:47 AM
rja
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hate to go against the grain here, but the kid driving is an idiot.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:29 AM
flash1034
Pro

Cop is on a lonely highway, by himself with an a-hole who is not doing what he is supposed to do. Sure, the cop could have handled it better but the idiot driver could have signed the ticket and fought it in court ( like he is supposed to do) or complied with the officers request to turn around and be arrested for NOT SIGNING THE TICKET...

Flash
Old 11-22-2007, 10:35 AM
Max Power
Racer

the high school bullies that beat up on the weaklings and stole their lunch money on the playground dream of one day carrying weapons and a badge and demanding respect that they don't otherwise have.

Last edited by Max Power; 11-22-2007 at 12:54 PM.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:16 PM
Marv
Rennlist Member

Received 998 Likes on 531 Posts

Originally Posted by flash1034
Cop is on a lonely highway, by himself with an a-hole who is not doing what he is supposed to do. Sure, the cop could have handled it better but the idiot driver could have signed the ticket and fought it in court ( like he is supposed to do) or complied with the officers request to turn around and be arrested for NOT SIGNING THE TICKET...

Flash

At least in some states it is not needed to have the driver sign the paperwork. If they refuse they just hand them the paperwork and go on with their business. I heard of one driver throwing the paper work out the window. He still had to pay the fine, so it makes no difference and it is not necessary for the officer to arrest the driver.

This officer did the wrong thing and lied about it. The driver could have handled this much better, but the reaction from the officer was out of line.

I was once rammed off the road by an off duty officer who flew into a rage with his wife and newborn in their SUV. I recognize that officers go through a lot of stress, but he was jeopardizing not only my life and passenger, but his family.

After he got out of his car he came over to me and said "There, you got what you wanted." He then said he was a cop and his child and wife were in the car, pointing at his SUV. At that point I just starred him in the eye and said "Then why did you do that?" Frustrated, he just turned and went back to his car.

Fortunately, a witness stopped and gave the story to the patrol officer that arrived. Was he a bad cop or a cop having a bad day? I can respect a man for having a bad day and admitting it and owning up to it in the end. I have no respect for anyone that does something wrong and lies about it.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:18 PM
Rick in Colorado
Instructor

I'm usually pro-police, but this trooper was way, way over the line. The motorist was not resisting and remained very reasonable even after being abused. I was especially disgusted by the (painful - isn't it?) banter with the newly arriving officer regarding the tasing - what a sadist.

At some point there needs to be accountability for these types of actions.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:43 AM
Cy
Racer

What I find concerning is the difference between the events filmed and the information the tazing officer relayed to the arriving officer immediately afterward. The tazing officer knows that he has been filmed and this arrest will likely be reviewed, but yet relays a different story of events to the arriving officer . . . it makes me wonder if his version is what he actually perceived and acted upon versus reality.

I agree that the driver didn't act in his own best interest, but did he really deserve to be tazed because of it? I can't possbily see that . . . and in some ways I felt the officer was behaving in ways that heightened the emotion of the situation. An officer should be held to a higher standard and when using potentially lethal force there's no room for a "bad day". That said, I do think it's important not to broadly paint all police officers negatively . . . I've also seen some videos where I wanted the officer to give someone a good pistol whipping and if I was on a jury you could not have convinced me to convict the officer, but the officers remained very calm and detached . . . real tributes to police officers and definitely the kind of guys you want around.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:21 AM
SA Mike
Thank You
Rennlist Member

The driver wasn't going to listen to the cop. For whatever reason ther are some people that refuse to listen to people in a position of authority. Whether people like cops or not they still are the law. Dumb Mu********** should have sign signed the ticket and he would have been out of there in less that a couple of minutes and then he could have had his say in court. In reality I think he tasered him for being a Dumbass, I think that's the official charge. Now whether the cop should have used a taser to get him to obey thats another story, actually I would have used a night stick,. Man cops these days are so freakin lazy.

Quick Reply: Speeding ticket from hell