Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Instead of the GT-R I am going to buy a.......

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 12:25 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Instead of the GT-R I am going to buy a.......

Cadillac CTS-V!!!!!! I know I am crazy you say but really I have VERY good reasons!
The Ring time will be faster than the GT-R: if you think Nissan pulled out the stops and brought a Ringer to the Ring (pardon the pun!) you KNOW GM is going to do the same thing. They have done it time and time again with various Vettes. The 80 something GM execs are going to MAKE sure the CTS-V is faster than the GT-R
The CTS-V has MORE horespower! it had 550 compared to the GT-R AND with all the high tech drivers aides and moving forward the CTS-V will have the all modern wet sump motor! (Old people cant go around corners fast anyhow who cares about oil starvation.) Plus the drivers aides in the Cadillac are SO good you can now drive Cadillacs with Cataracts!!!!!
The CTS-V has more of everything! Including pounds!!! IF the GT-R is heavy at 4000 lbs the CTS-V is HEAVIEST at 4300lbs!!!! If you want a REAL sports car you HAVE to be in the Two Ton Division! and the CTS-V Flys by the GT-R with my mother in law to spare. (300lbs)
You can be Old and Cool and drive Caddy. If you are my age and buy a GT-R all the neighbors would be saying I am having a mid-life crisis. If I buy the CTS-V every ONE of my retired neighbors would come over and fawn all over my new Caddy. Every Caddy driver I see (except in commercials) is an AARP members (not including my hispanic cousins driving Escalades) so I would qualify easily for my new Caddy and as I age with my Caddy it will be a perfect match!!! Besides who cant use a 40GB hard drive??!!!
With all these great choices who needs Porsche anyway.
Can you tell I am getting tired of the GT-R hype?
Old 02-27-2008, 01:13 AM
rop3
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 5 Posts

Paul,

My friend had the last version supposedly a poor man's M5. It lacked the german feel and was hard to launch. But the new one looks mpressive initally for what it is.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:15 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,460 Likes on 2,262 Posts

I always wanted to take a lincoln town car onto the track; steer it with one hand, the other along the back of the bench seat, and see how many hub caps I could lose as it cornered ... I'm guessing with
the right suspension and brake upgrades it could post ring times close to that of the Carerra GT.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:16 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,987 Likes on 560 Posts

paul, you're a mess on the keyboard but I always laugh.

oh and amen to your message btw
Old 02-27-2008, 02:24 AM
YA911Fan
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup, perfect car for an old guy!
Old 02-27-2008, 06:05 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

CTS-V, good choice.

Even better is the fact that those cars will be running over 700 Hp with a few cheap upgrades. That's very close to the power produced by Formula 1 cars not long ago.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:23 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

CJ as soon as my AARP card get here I am all over it!!
A few mods like paddock feelers and wheel chair extender and shes ready for the track!!!
Old 02-27-2008, 12:00 PM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

I was thinking of trying to get the white Ford van that Sabine used on the Ring..subtle and lethally fast. Just the thing to take on a Gt-R.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:44 PM
911/Q45
Addict
Rennlist Member

This would be off topic on any other thread, but Paul has opened a wide window. I saw a motor home magazine cover at the library yesterday that showed an RV that has solved the towed vehicle problem. It has a compartment that functions as a GARAGE for a Smart car! I'm sure Paul can tie this to the GTR at the Nurburgring somehow.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:53 PM
WalkerInTN
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I always wanted to take a lincoln town car onto the track; .
I've done that, it's an experience. Some years back, I did a few driving school classes at Spring Mountain in Parumph Nevada, about an hour drive from Vegas. Always got a Town Car rental for the long drive back & forth (stayed in Vegas). The stinkin Lincoln made it on track a few times.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:59 PM
930man
Rennlist Member

rather have the caddy also!!!!!!!!!!!!! good choice i looked at them myself very impressive car.... but im not old enough yet to own one
Old 02-27-2008, 03:49 PM
amaist
Burning Brakes

I'd get an Escalade. But I'd have to ask the track manager to install targets along the edge of the track. Driving a 'Scalade and not doing some drive-by shootin' is a waste of time for me. Turn that Desert Eagle sideways and fire away.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:35 PM
TurboCup87
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronan
I was thinking of trying to get the white Ford van that Sabine used on the Ring..subtle and lethally fast. Just the thing to take on a Gt-R.

Don't knock the Ford vans. I rode with Bob Bondurant in a 15 passenger Club van at Sears Point at his school in 1987. He could bounce it off of the curbs and get it drifting. Scared the bejeezus out of you ( you'd swear it was going to go TU), but what a blast!
Old 02-27-2008, 07:53 PM
todinlaw
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I always wanted to take a lincoln town car onto the track; steer it with one hand, the other along the back of the bench seat, and see how many hub caps I could lose as it cornered ... I'm guessing with
the right suspension and brake upgrades it could post ring times close to that of the Carerra GT.
Larry you gotta do it with a big cigar on one side of your mouth. Remember the detective show in the 70's Cannon?
Old 02-27-2008, 08:15 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,987 Likes on 560 Posts

Originally Posted by amaist
I'd get an Escalade. But I'd have to ask the track manager to install targets along the edge of the track. Driving a 'Scalade and not doing some drive-by shootin' is a waste of time for me. Turn that Desert Eagle sideways and fire away.
you're clearly the kind of guy we need more of in every corner of the world. let's grab some ho's and hit the track on twenty fo's

Quick Reply: Instead of the GT-R I am going to buy a.......