Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

How much u guys pay for your track day ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 04:13 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,958 Likes on 556 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottL
Silverstone GP circuit is typically around $600 for a 30 minute sessioned day

Spa is about the same.

You can get days on good circuits in the UK for as little as $200 but they tend to be low noise limits, sessions and out of season.
if and when the euro/dollar ever swings back towards us, I'm definitely going to do another euro delivery porsche or audi and hit some of those tracks!
Old 08-04-2008, 08:56 PM
Jack
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Private track days 12-15 cars (with Craig Stanton available for coaching) -- it's the only way to go.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:35 PM
Max Power
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Riesentoter (Philadelphia) Region Porsche Club:

$120/day for 2x20minute plus 2x25minute sessions = 1.5 hours

at Pocono North/South, Summit Point/Jefferson/Shenandoah, Watkins Glen, and
just built... the New Jersey Motorsports Park (only 1 hour from my door!!)
Old 08-07-2008, 10:53 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,588 Likes on 736 Posts

if and when the euro/dollar ever swings back towards us, I'm definitely going to do another euro delivery porsche or audi and hit some of those tracks!
My business is imprting from Europe, so +1 ;-) I will have my 2010 RS delivered in Germany and spend a month or 6 weeks visting the Nurburgring, Spa etc. The inlaws live near Munich ; )
Old 08-08-2008, 11:47 AM
DanH
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys seem to get a raw deal on tracktime in the US if you only get 2 hours on track per day!

In the UK a day normally runs on track from 9am to 5pm with a 1 hour lunch break. If its sessioned normally 30 mins sessions, but plenty of companies do open pit lane all day which is far preferrable as long as numbers are kept in check.

Scott's prices are right. Most expensive track is probably Brands GP and it's probably the best. Silverstone GP is also expensive. Would also recommend Donnington and Oulton Park if you are over here.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:17 PM
amaist
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Thomas Crown
Good schools like CCA.... 400 to 600/ weekend.

Private day with Craig stanton 2000/ day

I have seen many events selling "endless tracktime" for cheaper and it works for few. But you just never learn.

Its like golf or any other sport. You need coaching and more coaching if you want to enjoy this sport the fullest. I just see too many students attracted by more track time but learning curve stays same for longer period. I just cant say enough.... I learn so much from private coaching from Pro drivers like Craig Stanton or VJ. Or find someone who has more experience than you who loves to teach. Good driver does not mean fastest driver. Fastest or Good driver isnt always best coach. My 02.
Coaching is great. But after spending some time with the coach its fun to reinforce that learning with pure seat time. As they say: "Practice makes perfect". Which turns out to be wrong. "Perfect practice makes perfect". Which is why you need a coach to get you on the right path and then do the right thing over and over.

To our European friends it may seem like we don't get much track time during PCA events here in North America. Keep in mind that the events are very different. They are called "Driver Education" events and not track days. So the format is different with strict segregation by experience into run groups and volunteer instructors provided for the beginners and other drivers upon request. Also the social aspect is much more present during PCA or BMWCCA or other such club events. It's not just showing up in the morning an leaving at 5pm. Due to long distances for travel here they are 2-3 day(+travel time) mini vacations.

Track days do happen here, too. The ones I attend usually cost about 350$ CAD per day for all you can drive (7 hours total track time). Some organizations like Trackmasters charge less for 5 hours of track time. Often there would be a screening process for drivers. Just because you can afford a car doesn't mean you can drive in an open lapping event. The standards of admission vary but generally total beginners would not be allowed at a track day.

Quick Reply: How much u guys pay for your track day ?