Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Question to orange/green RS owners

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 06:24 PM
hkim80
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for all the comments.

maybe black doesn't look all that conservative either.

http://kr.youtube.com/watch?v=mA8IIwOg4lk
Old 08-16-2008, 06:41 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

definately personal opinion and how much yo ulike people looking at you and your car. i've had a few of the colors. orange was one of the first, looked great in photos, looked great in person. awsome , just a nasty hot color. but once i would get driving it on local roads, highways, i always felt a bit showy. on the track, its probably perfectly at home.
i kind of think the same thing about my green RS, which i still have and love. its not as flashy as the orange, but its still a green, albeit darker green, porsche. it grabs tons of looks.

my favorite color was the white RS. and now the triple black RS i drive a lot.
both those cars are, unless you know porsche and gt3s, unknown by most. its just a porsche, or a sports car. noone knows the beast within. i regret ever selling my white one a sit was one of the few 2007s that were factory spec'd white/black , great msrp and painted crest centers. awsome. that to me is the perfect RS. my black RS is very cool. i've seen guys take the black orange RS's and replace the wheels/refinish the wheels with black. Ray @ RPM just did that with a set of black RS wheels i sold him. i never minded or dislike , but then never personally loved the black orange setup with orange wheels. with the black wheels, for me, my own taste, it was 2x better.

ultimately its personal taste, what you like, how you feel. no right or wrong. heck, my very favorite color RS i owned for a short stint was a silver orange RS, which i think, long term, could be one of the most sleeper colors made.

if yo uhave any other questions, feel free to pm. they are all Awsome. its just personal taste.

Originally Posted by hkim80
I love orange RS.

But, do any orange RS owners find the color too flashy, especially if you drive it on the streets a lot?

All the colors associated with RS are flashy, orange and green being more so.
And I was just thinking that many people who loved orange or green probably opted either for a regular GT3 or a black RS with orange trim because they felt the colors were too loud.

I am not considering a RS now, but this came to my mind as I went along with my friend to pick up his lotus elise. My friend loved orange elise but ended up getting a white 240s because he felt that the conservative color would allow him to drive and enjoy the car more often. I was hoping that he would get an orange car.

How do you feel about the loud color on your RS? Do you feel that you get too much attention/reaction?
Old 08-16-2008, 06:55 PM
fjpdds
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 14 Posts

I have a white GT3. It still stands out in a mid sized city such as Knoxville.. As a dentist I hear comments from patients about "making my Porsche payment or paying for my new car". It was very uncomfrtable at first, but the car is so much about the sport of driving, that I have accepted the comments. Sometimes, with the right people I explain that, and they usual feel my excietment and get it! The car in any color is a draw in my town.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:33 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,987 Likes on 560 Posts

just tell them they're much better with the porsche driving dentist vs the guy who can only afford a toureg
Old 08-17-2008, 07:46 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,491 Likes on 2,272 Posts

Originally Posted by fjpdds
I have a white GT3. It still stands out in a mid sized city such as Knoxville.. As a dentist I hear comments from patients about "making my Porsche payment or paying for my new car". It was very uncomfrtable at first, but the car is so much about the sport of driving, that I have accepted the comments. Sometimes, with the right people I explain that, and they usual feel my excietment and get it! The car in any color is a draw in my town.
easy to explain to patients.
driving GT3, you are happy. you pull the right tooth.
not driving GT3, you are not so happy, you will pul whichever tooth you feel like it.

when my cars are down, no one comes within 10 feet of me in the office. they know i will chew their head off the minute the opened their mouth.

Quick Reply: Question to orange/green RS owners