Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Ok the official GT3 Replacement pic thread The AMG

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 11:59 PM
prg
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OldGuy
I wonder how to make it trackable. an extra oil cooler?
I imagine that this is the answer. Frankly, for me it is a moot point. I just took it out once to see what it was like. I have another car who's sole purpose is getting flogged on the track.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:58 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

I was just curious if I do go do a track day with the buddies
how long I can stay out.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:34 AM
Jack
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Paul,

Is this the thread where I can post a pic of the replacement for my orange RS???
Attached Images  
Old 09-04-2008, 01:37 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Jack that is great tell me
A you didnt replace the RS adn
B. When youre next track day so I can bring the AMG out.
paulgt3@gmail.com
Old 09-04-2008, 01:37 AM
thusly
Rennlist Member

Go Traque Jacque!!!

Did you want another?????

(BTW - I am not seeing you with a Hans and that thing.......)
Old 09-04-2008, 01:40 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jack
Paul,

Is this the thread where I can post a pic of the replacement for my orange RS???
Looks like a lot of body roll in that car!
Old 09-04-2008, 02:00 AM
Jack
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Colm
Looks like a lot of body roll in that car!
Hey Colm,

Body roll is the Lotus way... tenacious grip, more so than those GT3 boats.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:03 AM
Jack
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by thusly
Go Traque Jacque!!!

Did you want another?????

(BTW - I am not seeing you with a Hans and that thing.......)
Freddie,

Just break-in miles....Hans is awaiting.

I heard that John is taking yours....no?

Hope to see you soon.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:45 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,483 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Paul,

can i drove your car

i haven't see the one up north yet. but i have a friend who is taking delivery of one.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:30 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey Colm,

Body roll is the Lotus way... tenacious grip, more so than those GT3 boats.
Touché
Old 09-04-2008, 09:53 PM
FL Porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts
Default C63

I am amazed at the length of this thread on the AMG63... I currently have a GT3 and an F430 F1. I now know why... I purchased a white/black 09 C63 (my path has been M3 to RS4 to M5 and now this C63). The car is not only addictive with its torque kicking in from nearly 0 rpm, I call it the "batmobile"; it truly feels like the CLK63 Black Series I had for a few weeks. When driven in "sport mode" the car is aggressive in its acceleration and when braking it performs its own downshifts while blipping the throttle aggressively and verbally! Now place it in "manual" mode and playing with the paddle shifters is more fun than my sons PS3 or XBOX 360. The sounds from this car have everyone looking for some other car than the one in front of them. Keep in mind I have not even gone over 5,000 RPM (break in is 1000 miles and try, I say try not to exceed 4500 RPM). I am real close to the 1000 miles and cannot wait to turn off traction and run thru the gears. Certainly this car will be a blast on a track day.
I too went to purchase/order an 09 M3, then moved on to ordering an 09 S5, when I found out this 09 C63 had just arrived. One look, one drive, the rest are history. If anyone is considering this class of car and loves driving GT3's and Z06's, this is the combination of both in a great AMG package; lowered suspension, great brakes, great tranny (honestly real close to the F430 F1 feel and response; actually smoother), great seats.. but be careful they are very confining with the highly bolstered sides. I hope my excitement about this car helps anyone on the fence about this car.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:29 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

FL Porsche great post. Some people dont realize that this was AMGs first ground up redesign and not just a bunch of bolted on AMG parts on a C Class. Its really better than the sum of its parts. The BMW guys who are not giving it credit havent driven one and are relying in my opinion of an old AMG test drive they did. To me its just a better car than the M3 and I am finding out the Merc AGM iDrive system is a whole
lot easier to use than the BMWs is. I just did a back to back system check of the AMG and the 335i with IDrive.
I would really like to hear your thoughts of the MERC 7 speed manushift compared to your F1 F430. Once you break it in of course.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:04 PM
FL Porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts
Default 7 speed vs. F1

I did try my best to perform a back to back last weekend, but it is a little unfair since I cannot really get into the throttle yet on the C63. My first impression is that the C63 is quick to shift (responsiveness) in manual mode, more on the down shift than the upshift, it is a bit smoother than the F1 although I do tend to run in "race" mode that is harsh. I do percieve more of a delay in the, albiet, quick F1 than in the "automatic" yet aggresive C63 manual mode.
I hope to reach the 1000 mile mark within the week and next weekend give this C63 a run for its money.
The worst part of all of these newly refined "paddle" shifters being put into place on many marques is that I as a stauch supporter of the manual transmission my entire life am slowly but surely having more fun with the paddle shifters. I wonder if I am getting "old" or the equipment is getting more exciting!?
Old 09-05-2008, 05:10 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

FL, I would like to read your feedback on the acceleration difference between the F430 and the C63.

You're right, the equipment is getting better. I love a manual transmission. The M3 is the first non-manual car at home in many years, but in this car the DCT blows away the manual transmission.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:22 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by FL Porsche
I am amazed at the length of this thread on the AMG63... I currently have a GT3 and an F430 F1. I now know why... I purchased a white/black 09 C63 (my path has been M3 to RS4 to M5 and now this C63). The car is not only addictive with its torque kicking in from nearly 0 rpm, I call it the "batmobile"; it truly feels like the CLK63 Black Series I had for a few weeks. When driven in "sport mode" the car is aggressive in its acceleration and when braking it performs its own downshifts while blipping the throttle aggressively and verbally! Now place it in "manual" mode and playing with the paddle shifters is more fun than my sons PS3 or XBOX 360. The sounds from this car have everyone looking for some other car than the one in front of them. Keep in mind I have not even gone over 5,000 RPM (break in is 1000 miles and try, I say try not to exceed 4500 RPM). I am real close to the 1000 miles and cannot wait to turn off traction and run thru the gears. Certainly this car will be a blast on a track day.
I too went to purchase/order an 09 M3, then moved on to ordering an 09 S5, when I found out this 09 C63 had just arrived. One look, one drive, the rest are history. If anyone is considering this class of car and loves driving GT3's and Z06's, this is the combination of both in a great AMG package; lowered suspension, great brakes, great tranny (honestly real close to the F430 F1 feel and response; actually smoother), great seats.. but be careful they are very confining with the highly bolstered sides. I hope my excitement about this car helps anyone on the fence about this car.

Wow! You answered all my questions. I have been to the BMW dealer to look at the M3. Looks like this AMG would be a better option then.

And no, not getting rid of any of my cars... trying to get the wife to change her car for this

Quick Reply: Ok the official GT3 Replacement pic thread The AMG