Clutch fault on GT2 ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 07:25 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by pmf

The car had no problem whatsoever after the upgrade, but the clutch, which I solved installing a stronger pressure plate.
pmf
Can you give us a report on the new clutch set up ? Did you have stock disc and uprated PP or new organic/sinter mix disc as well ?

I am particularly interested how/if the effort needed has changed at all - can you feel any difference ?

Thanks
Old 04-14-2009, 01:33 PM
pmf
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Toby,

You right, I did not follow up with a proper feedback.

I decided to install the stronger pressure plate with a standard GT2 clutch disk.

I did want to retain the comfort of the standard disk, so a racing/sint disk was out of question.
I heard about upgraded organic disks to be good for mixed use road/track, but having no direct experience with them, I didn't want to take the risk of the outcome.

Result? The clutch pedal is slightly harder, which is anyway a good feeling for the increased reactivity of the engine upgrade. Nothing too "macho" anyway, still times easier than the 964TS.

No slipping clutch at all, at least for now, after a couple of thousand km and two track days driving fast enough to test everything properly.

As I see the situation today, this setup is ok.
Now I need to verify how long the clutch disk will last.
If too short a life, an upgraded organic disk might be the solution?

Ciao!
Paolo
Old 04-14-2009, 04:48 PM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

Paolo

Thanks for the info, so the pedal is a little harder, I guess it has to be......

Re the organic/sinter disc, these units are mainly organic with little bits of metal in them and are absolutely fine for daily use, had on on my 993tt. If your stock one gives up this is the obe to go for no issues

Quick Reply: Clutch fault on GT2 ?