White/Red GT3 RS tone it down

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 10:37 AM
Polar Peter
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default White/Red GT3 RS tone it down

First thing to come off were the decals. I still had my carbon mirrors for the MKI so I stuck those on in desperation.

I think I can live with this now. When the first set of tires are gone I'll make a decision on turning the other red items a flat dark grey...
Attached Images    
Old 05-24-2010, 10:43 AM
xXxGhotimanxXx
Track Day

Yeah, I agree, it's a bit much. Some of the color combos look ok, other's don't. I'm not a super flashy person, so I couldn't do some of the colors. The blue with the white gold is one of my favorites. Fred's looks good with gray/black...except for the yellow calipers and red seat belts . Not a big fan of red rims and yellow calipers. Have you thought of replacing the the red with white, for a "white-out" look?

J
Old 05-24-2010, 10:57 AM
Greygt3
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think it looks a lot better. How about black wheels and black end plates.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:00 AM
dertub
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks great, but I've grown to like it w/o any changes.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:00 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,491 Likes on 2,272 Posts

polar is that what's called decal delete from factory?
if so, i have the same look.
i have a set of silver bbs waiting for the damn car to show up.
not sure about mirror and tips. may just leave it red as i figured everyone else would paint them blk.

CONGRATS.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:01 AM
dertub
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
not sure about mirror and tips. may just leave it red as i figured everyone else would paint them blk.

CONGRATS.
I hope you get it soon.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:06 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For sure what you gonna do? Strip her and drive the pants off of her? Or are you going to leave the stickers on and place her in a bubble?
Old 05-24-2010, 11:06 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty

CONGRATS.
I wonder if the factory sticker-delete includes monotone or black for the wing end plates, the mirrors and the "mouth" lipstick.

Subjectively, to my eye, if the car is at the track, all the red stickers are fine and look "appropriate" ... on the street, I'd happily remove all the gaudy stuff (including the wing) and then the car looks "just right."

I realize this example is half way, but it illustrates, how odd the car looks half done. I think the factory had to do something to balance out a "distinctive" car ... I'm just not convinced they got it right ... especially now that we see the GT2 design schemes.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:15 PM
RAPID
Racer

I was at the Ring this week end, and there was a lot of GT3 and GT3RS. I must admit that the decal grow on you, when you are at a circuit or event like the Ring, the more visible the better in a way...The mark 1 (orange and black) don't even turn heads anymore. The green maybe because it is rare, and there was a superb riviera blue with orange decal. I would think that in a year time we will find this new design quite tame.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:25 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
I wonder if the factory sticker-delete includes monotone or black for the wing end plates, the mirrors and the "mouth" lipstick.

Subjectively, to my eye, if the car is at the track, all the red stickers are fine and look "appropriate" ... on the street, I'd happily remove all the gaudy stuff (including the wing) and then the car looks "just right."

I realize this example is half way, but it illustrates, how odd the car looks half done. I think the factory had to do something to balance out a "distinctive" car ... I'm just not convinced they got it right ... especially now that we see the GT2 design schemes.
I know I know, seems like the decals really throw off a "boy racer", "fast and furious" persona. But one thing is vastly different than buying a good ole 91 Honda Civic Hatchback and slamming the crap out of it and throw stickers on it... The RS can "back it up" and "bring-it" every day of the week.

I actaully saw an 88-89 Black Honda Accord at the BJs Pizzaria and Brew Pub last Friday, here in Bakersfield, that had the GT3RS Decal Motive painted in Orange. It was parked right next to us and when I saw it thought W T F??? Is that what I think it is? Sure and pooop it was! I was going to take a picture of it with my phone but my better half wanted to get on with our day so we left.

The stuff I see sometimes here in this town. There is actually an Audi TT that has a big black strip painted right behind the doors on both sides, a la the R8. One of these days I will snap a picture of it when I get the chance. You guys would love that one for sure.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:35 PM
stuttgart46
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

It looks great as is but I wonder what it would look like with the Carrera logo at the bottom of the door in red.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:29 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,588 Likes on 736 Posts

I ordered mine deal delete, it comes without decals, including the GT3RS badge on the rear (I put that one back on, looked to empty).
It does still come with the red lips that I wrapped over, so I only have red wheels, red wing tips and wheels.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:15 PM
RS_dreams
Track Day

Through my eyes, the red wheels just don't work visually without the factory decals to tie it all in...but this car could come in only one color of hippopotamus **** and I'd still enjoy the car. For me, 95% of owning this sled is the driving experience. Too much fuss about decals!

I don't like the tinted windows on this car. Haven't seen much of that.

RS_dreams
Old 05-24-2010, 03:18 PM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 29 Posts

All that's left is to paint the lips, wheels, and winglets black
Old 05-24-2010, 04:15 PM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

Exclamation

all business!