Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

wevo semi solid mounts

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 10:23 AM
GG300
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wevo semi solid mounts

My car is an early production 2010 gt3 with out dynamic eng. mounts. Under hard acceleration my first to second gear shift is slow and sloppy, I have to let off the gas slightly to get it into gear. I am loosing too many revs. Will the wevo yellow semi solid mounts solve this problem and make for a smoother transition? Do cars with lighter flywheels, such as the rs , shift smoother?
Best regards,
GG300
Old 05-30-2010, 12:20 PM
Gus F
Instructor

I have the Wevo semi-solid on my 997 GT3, I can't say much about shifting under hard acceleration between 1st. to 2nd. (this only happens to me taking off from the pit lane...) but shifting between 2nd. to 3rd. was much improved, Now I don't have to hesitate at all under full acceleration. I think you should give it a try, the Wevo mounts are a relatively cheap modification, and they also save a couple of pounds in the rear of the car
Old 05-30-2010, 10:28 PM
silverboy
Burning Brakes

I just ordered a set. Can't wait!
Old 05-31-2010, 12:02 AM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

I have the Rennline solid motor mounts and I'm really happy with the result. They make a significant difference when I need them.

And no it's not as rough of a ride as most people would think.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:17 AM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 381 Likes on 195 Posts

I've had about 1,000 miles on the Wevo yellow semi-solid mounts since April. Well worth the price IMO.

Gear shifts are more precise. Not night and day, but where there was hesitation previously (e.g. a 2-3 at full throttle coming out of an apex) it now feels a little bit crisper.

To me the best improvement is the handling--"pendulum" effect is noticeably reduced. It may not translate into material lap time savings, but it's definitely one of those things which improves the feel of the car on the track.

And to put the NVH issue in perspective, if my butt-o-meter has a beamer 7 series at 3 (on a scale of 10) and the stock .1RS at 7, the new mounts would fare no worse than a 7.5 or 8. Then again, some butts are more sensitive than others
Old 05-31-2010, 05:38 PM
dan212
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 75 Posts

I have the WEVO solid mounts on my 996/GT3.. Never noticed any issues with shifting, but I can definitely feel the difference in handling and throttle change.. Well worth the change.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:01 AM
GG300
Track Day

thanks for the help the wevos are on order. sounds like a real win win for the money!!!!
best regards,
GG300
Old 06-02-2010, 07:08 AM
dan212
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 75 Posts

Rudtners Racing in Freeport NY modified my springs and shocks (valving) and swapped out solid mounts all over. Combined these changes transformed the car dramatically. The suspension modifications made the car much faster and easier to drive fast. The solid mounts increased my sensitivity all around to what was happening. The motor mounts themselves could be felt in the absence of minute weight shifts on the engine as torque and throttle changed.

The WEVO mounts are subtle - Its not so much what you "feel" as what you STOP feeling that blurred the car's sensitivity and sometimes stopped ever so slight shifts in weight from the engine that were noticeable at speed either through shifts caused by engine torque or shifts to the engine caused by suspension or transmission load. You notice it immediately when you apply power hard as you apex out of a turn. And it sounds obvious to say it this way, but the car simply feels more solid and in turn balanced. Mind you.. I had a lot of work done, but I can feel the effects of the WEVO mounts and its a bargain for the money..

Negative effects.. You would think that the most obvious downside would be vibration. I can't say that I find that particularly noticeable, but there is an increase in overall noise because the soft mounts absorb the vibrations that sort of resonate through the car.

Looking at it another way.. If you think about reworking your suspension in any way, it makes no sense NOT to put in the WEVO mounts. Suspension can be pricey. But the mounts alone are not expensive and have a noticeable effect. Better still - installation is relatively easy and reversible

daniel
Old 06-02-2010, 07:14 AM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 381 Likes on 195 Posts

It could be just me but I think my LWFW chatter got more noticeable after the install. My GT3RS now officially sounds like a turbodiesel taxi.

Quick Reply: wevo semi solid mounts