Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Harry's LapTimer Pro

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 04:25 PM
HarryS
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, you can use HLT without mobile functionality. Some things will not work for good reasons (Map View or Online View), but timing etc. works just fine. Tracks need to be downloaded while you have your iPhone in a WLAN, download via iTunes is not possible.

- Harald
Old 04-15-2011, 06:34 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just bought the Android version...WOW!
Old 04-17-2011, 12:27 PM
bensf
Racer

Anyone else using Harry's Lap Timer with the latest iPod Touch? I'm having a problem where the video is recorded fine at 1280x720 resolution but when I use the overlay function within the program the resulting video comes out at 960x720. It would be fine if it would just crop the video but the program is squeezing the 1280 horizontal resolution into 960 so everything comes out tall and skinny, really annoying. Has anyone else experienced the same issue and found a solution? Trying to get this sorted out before Friday's HPDE.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:25 PM
HarryS
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bensf
Anyone else using Harry's Lap Timer with the latest iPod Touch? I'm having a problem where the video is recorded fine at 1280x720 resolution but when I use the overlay function within the program the resulting video comes out at 960x720. It would be fine if it would just crop the video but the program is squeezing the 1280 horizontal resolution into 960 so everything comes out tall and skinny, really annoying. Has anyone else experienced the same issue and found a solution? Trying to get this sorted out before Friday's HPDE.
Hi,

Is on my list for 13.3.1. The 960 is the right width for still pictures. I wasn't aware that the video size for the latest iPods is like the iPhone's.

- Harry
Old 04-17-2011, 01:49 PM
JG 996T
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 269 Posts

Looking forward to trying this app out soon.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:55 PM
bensf
Racer

Originally Posted by HarryS
Hi,

Is on my list for 13.3.1. The 960 is the right width for still pictures. I wasn't aware that the video size for the latest iPods is like the iPhone's.

- Harry
Awesome thanks for replying. I was going bonkers since no one else was reporting this problem. I guess everyone else is using an iPhone and not an iPod. Do you have an ETA on 13.3.1?
Old 04-17-2011, 01:57 PM
HarryS
Intermediate

As fast as possible, will submit it this evening to Apple.

- Harry
Old 04-17-2011, 06:21 PM
str8ner
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I own Apple computers, I phones, and I Pads because I suck at computers and I find them easy to work with. When I try to use Harry's Pro lap time I feel like I am back into the Windows world. Can you make an instruction manual for dummies? Sure would help me!
Thanks,
Stephan
Old 04-17-2011, 07:35 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by str8ner
I own Apple computers, I phones, and I Pads because I suck at computers and I find them easy to work with. When I try to use Harry's Pro lap time I feel like I am back into the Windows world. Can you make an instruction manual for dummies? Sure would help me!
Thanks,
Stephan
Don't feel bad I'm exactly in the same boat as you. I can get it to run and show my laps but doing the video overlay stuff and use the other features is confusing to me.

I also would like to be able to show the time of my last lap and the time of my current lap. I can't figure out how to change the display for the life of me and figure this out. I wish it was easy but the termanology and so for is confusing,.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:35 AM
HarryS
Intermediate

Originally Posted by str8ner
Thanks,
Stephan
I will not comment on the nasty Windows comparison... Nevertheless, have you been into More -> Help to get a first (and hopefully not too complex) introduction? As long as you do not want to dive deep into what LT can do for you, you just start LapTimer, download the track you want to drive from 'Add-ons', mount your device, and drive. Once back in the pits you will find your laps recorded in 'Lap List' for analysis. Thats all.

- Harry
Old 04-20-2011, 12:04 PM
bensf
Racer

Harry - thanks for the timely update, your support is incredible. Laptimer Pro overlay function works perfectly now with the latest iPod Touch.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:29 PM
HarryS
Intermediate

O.k., thanks, good to know.

- Harry
Old 04-20-2011, 04:43 PM
str8ner
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Harry,
I did not mean to be nasty with the window comparison. I actually found that you are doing a great job at helping the users. It is quite remarkable. I was just trying to express how bad I am with computers. I will keep working on it on will ask for specific as they come.
Thanks,
Stephan
Old 04-20-2011, 06:04 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by HarryS
I will not comment on the nasty Windows comparison... Nevertheless, have you been into More -> Help to get a first (and hopefully not too complex) introduction? As long as you do not want to dive deep into what LT can do for you, you just start LapTimer, download the track you want to drive from 'Add-ons', mount your device, and drive. Once back in the pits you will find your laps recorded in 'Lap List' for analysis. Thats all.

- Harry
...for me....that is the easy part.....lap lists are great. But overlaying video with laps is something I have not figured out yet on my MacBook Pro. Also still trying to figure out how to change the lap timer with the bigger font numbers to show the Last Lap Time and the Current Lap Time. Maybe this can not be don't, I don't know....

Harry's it is truely awesome you are actually on this forum!
Old 04-20-2011, 06:15 PM
HarryS
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mdrums
...for me....that is the easy part.....lap lists are great. But overlaying video with laps is something I have not figured out yet on my MacBook Pro. Also still trying to figure out how to change the lap timer with the bigger font numbers to show the Last Lap Time and the Current Lap Time. Maybe this can not be don't, I don't know....

Harry's it is truely awesome you are actually on this forum!
To overlay a video recorded with data, goto Lap List, select the lap you want to overlay, and press the 'Overlay' button in the bottom of the view (the lap needs to have a video recorded and GPS data collected). This will start the overlaying process and associate the resulting video with the lap. Please note that processing will take considerable time. In addition to LapTimer, the video can be accessed from the Photo app afterwards.

- Harry

Quick Reply: Harry's LapTimer Pro