Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Brake Pedal Rattle 2010 GT3 Can't Locate

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 04:52 AM
Torched GT3
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Pedal Rattle 2010 GT3 Can't Locate

Hello all,been lurking way to long time to get involved.I have a very annoying brake pedal rattle that happens over rough roads or when the pedal is tapped. So far under warranty the dealer has replaced the relay switch that activates the brake lights and the rubber brake pedal pad. They also tightened up things in the area of the brake pedal. Doing all this did nothing as it still does it. The dealer is very willing to replace more items like the whole brake pedal assembly but I don't know if it's worth all the trouble. The car did not do it when new.It's a needle in a haystack anybody got any ideas? I'm stumped on this one.The car is so tight this noise stands out unfortunately.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:48 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,483 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Chk the pistons in the caliper.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:13 PM
Torched GT3
Advanced

Originally Posted by mooty
Chk the pistons in the caliper.
Are you thinking the rattle is coming from the brakes themselves and ending up in the pedal? The rattle to me really sounds like its coming from the pedal. Very hard to pin down.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:43 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 236 Likes on 192 Posts

With your hands can u move brake pedal side to side? I'm curious where the rattle is myself. Do u hear rattle on brake pedal assembly or pass thru to firewall? Mike
Old 10-20-2010, 06:12 PM
Torched GT3
Advanced

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
With your hands can u move brake pedal side to side? I'm curious where the rattle is myself. Do u hear rattle on brake pedal assembly or pass thru to firewall? Mike
I just looked at it closer inside the car. The pedal does not move side to side its very snug. Without the car running I pushed in the pedal over and over and got the noise to happen every time but I noticed as I did this harder and pumped the brake the noise stopped.I forgot to mention the dealer also removed the rear brake light switch and it still happened.The noise really sounds like its coming from the brake pedal pad but what I'm now thinking is the noise it reverberating down from above somewhere but where?
Old 10-20-2010, 06:21 PM
fc-racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a common rattle that comes from the dashboard that can sound like it's coming from all sorts of areas. I originally thought the rattle was coming from the pedal area in my car, then thought it was from the steering column, then finally managed to get it to stop by sticking my hand between the instrument cluster and the dashboard. Took it into the shop (when the car was barely a month old) and they put some padding in there to stop it permanently. It's a long shot, but you never know.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:24 PM
Torched GT3
Advanced

Originally Posted by fc-racer
There is a common rattle that comes from the dashboard that can sound like it's coming from all sorts of areas. I originally thought the rattle was coming from the pedal area in my car, then thought it was from the steering column, then finally managed to get it to stop by sticking my hand between the instrument cluster and the dashboard. Took it into the shop (when the car was barely a month old) and they put some padding in there to stop it permanently. It's a long shot, but you never know.
The thing is with the car stationary turned off and tapping the brake pedal it does it so maybe its in the area but at this point not sure.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:00 AM
Torched GT3
Advanced

Anybody else with ideas would be most appreciated I sure would like to silence this one once and for all.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:50 PM
Torched GT3
Advanced

Looked very carefully today under the area where the brake pedal is. Pedal connects to an aluminum arm that can be rotated (which was lubricated with grease) that goes through the fire wall.It sounds to me like the noise is coming through the fire wall reverberating down the aluminum arm all the way to the bottom of the pedal. Anybody know what parts are located through the firewall? Any insight appreciated. Greg
Old 10-26-2010, 12:26 AM
Torched GT3
Advanced

Spoke to my dealer today he is going and try to send me a print-out of the area behind the firewall regarding the brake pedal rattle. Maybe I can see whats behind there anybody have any thoughts on this?

Quick Reply: Brake Pedal Rattle 2010 GT3 Can't Locate