Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Switchcars

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 10:22 AM
smboyer
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Switchcars

Currently working a deal through switchcars.com. Does anyone have any experience with them.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:07 AM
early_grayce
Burning Brakes

do a search, they post here pretty regularly.

seem like nice guys, but I have no experience with them.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:33 AM
va122
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm using them too, great outfit. I've known Doug for a while and he's a great guy.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:06 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

my buddy just did a deal with doug and said it was as smooth as could be - doug did what he said he would do and my buddy was pleased
Old 12-04-2010, 12:13 PM
Leigh2
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought Doug's demo enclosed Trailex and he was a pleasure to deal with.
Old 12-04-2010, 02:09 PM
Pablobravo
Advanced

Got my car from them. Doug actually found the car for me. Great experience, no surprises....would definitely deal with again !
Old 12-04-2010, 02:23 PM
mkozink
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by smboyer
Currently working a deal through switchcars.com. Does anyone have any experience with them.
Jon is a straight shooter. A close friend purchased a 2005 Turbo S from Switchcars. The car was as described and an good value IMO.
No affiliation with Switchcars.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:08 PM
Mark FM
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts

I went down and visited them and was impressed with Doug and his group. They treated me and my friends like royalty. Based upon what I saw and how we were treated, I definitely would do business with them.

Mark
Old 12-04-2010, 06:31 PM
thusly
Rennlist Member

I've bought and sold a number of cars thru doug, including street and race cars. Never an issue.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:02 PM
forstephan
AutoX

I had very bad experience with switchcars.com , car not as they told me, and very bad faith from Doug when i've told him about the issues. He told him that i should have trusted him...
Good luck.
Kind regards.
Stephane
Old 05-01-2011, 07:27 PM
gt3racerich
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by forstephan
I had very bad experience with switchcars.com , car not as they told me, and very bad faith from Doug when i've told him about the issues. He told him that i should have trusted him...
Good luck.
Kind regards.
Stephane
I have never dealt with them or had any contact.
When they had your car for sale I knew it had issues. I went over the car personally long before they had it.
Sorry you got burnt.
When I read the description of the car without the issues it turned me off to them.
Rich
Old 05-02-2011, 01:11 PM
switchcars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 468 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by gt3racerich
I have never dealt with them or had any contact.
When they had your car for sale I knew it had issues. I went over the car personally long before they had it.
Sorry you got burnt.
When I read the description of the car without the issues it turned me off to them.
Rich
We were honestly not aware of the issues. We recommended, as we do with any car, that Stephan get a PPI. He got an ECU readout that showed 2 range 1 ignitions and no range 2+, but declined the rest of the PPI. The main issue wasn't brought to our attention until 6 months after the purchase. (there was a smaller issue brought to our attention about 2 weeks after the purchase, however, the car had 1000 miles already put on it, and when we reviewed the picture of the damage with the shop we use locally, there was no way to determine when it had been done, as it could have been done during transport, or after purchase). Apparently, on that car, everyone that knew about the issues declined to tell us. Those that know us know that if we are aware of an issue, we disclose it. Period.

Old 05-02-2011, 03:00 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,423 Likes on 2,237 Posts

7-1 sounds like a pretty strong recommendation to me. Not too mention sound advice to *always* obtain a PPI ...
Old 05-02-2011, 04:02 PM
ron_dargenio
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
7-1 sounds like a pretty strong recommendation to me. Not too mention sound advice to *always* obtain a PPI ...
I don't think there are many *really good" dealers who would have a 7-1 ratio, and the one negative in this thread is questionable.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:17 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I count one neutral, six pluses and two minuses, plus I count the dealer response as a negative -- there's no call for the dealer to question the credibility of the customer.

The dealer has no excuses for selling a car without inspecting it to their satisfaction and then disclosing what they discover. Mistakes are not the problem, it's how we deal with the consequences of mistakes which separates the wheat from the chaff.

When a dealer represents a car for sale, by definition, they lend their business reputation and good will to the transaction. The question centers around how the car was presented for sale. In any case, it's a matter of caveat emptor. Ironically, the dealer inadvertently exposed his business to this failure by allowing the sale of a car without completing the PPI -- that's a mistake by both parties; one where they've both hopefully learned the lesson.

Quick Reply: Switchcars