Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

WTB: 997.2 GT3(non RS)

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 08:33 PM
paver
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default WTB: 997.2 GT3(non RS)

My version of perfect would be a low option car with only dynamic engine mounts and sport buckets. Will take any color except black. I'm kinda iffy on meteor grey but willing to consider it.

I know this will be hard to find, but I'm willing to give it a while before I start making concessions on options. I already know that for the right car/price, I will just add the sport buckets myself.

Thanks for any help.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:13 PM
s996
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

I searched a lot of gt3s and very few have the DEM. This one seems perfect but is on the other side of the country for me. white

Please check the rennlist market first!

good luck. /www.rusnakautogroup.com
Old 07-02-2011, 11:37 PM
paver
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by s996
I searched a lot of gt3s and very few have the DEM. This one seems perfect but is on the other side of the country for me. white

Please check the rennlist market first!

good luck. /www.rusnakautogroup.com
A salesman I spoke with today told me that DEM wasn't available on the first half of the 2010 production run. So, that does rule out quite a few. Checked rennlist classifieds. There are two. Both are black. One w/o DEM. Still looking.

I'm looking on the porsche North America pre-owned search, autotrader, cars.com, dupont registry, excellence-mag.com, ebay, marshallgoldman......anybody know of somewhere else I could try?
Old 07-02-2011, 11:48 PM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 902 Likes on 340 Posts

paver:

You might want to check with Suncoast Porsche regarding the ability to retrofit DEM. I had a long conversation with their motorsports division and the gist of it was, so long as the pigtails are are in the engine compartment above the mounts, they can be retrofit. Requires the mounts, install and some coding. This would open up a lot of choices for you.

The white car as Rusnak is cosmetically perfect if you're interested. I was just not a fan of the option set.

Best of luck
Old 07-03-2011, 12:18 AM
paver
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ChrisF
paver:

You might want to check with Suncoast Porsche regarding the ability to retrofit DEM. I had a long conversation with their motorsports division and the gist of it was, so long as the pigtails are are in the engine compartment above the mounts, they can be retrofit. Requires the mounts, install and some coding. This would open up a lot of choices for you.

The white car as Rusnak is cosmetically perfect if you're interested. I was just not a fan of the option set.

Best of luck
Chris, do you know if the pigtail is there on every car that didn't actually the dem?
The Rusnak car just has too many options that I don't want. Although 119,xxx may be a good price considering it's CPO'ed, has PCCB, and a rollbar already in it. I just don't want PCCB but I would take them if the rest of the variables were exactly as I want them.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:28 AM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

paver:

Don't know about every car but the one I just picked up without DEM did. PCCB's can also be replaced with steel rotors for about $3K (another thing to think about). Also, did they change the price on the Rusnak car again? Last checked it was at 116,xxx.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:37 AM
paver
Rennlist Member

you're right...it's 116,995
Are you going to put dem in yours?

Rennlister JLR let me drive his .2 GT3 today. He replaced his PCCB with steel slotted Brembos. They felt great.
So, yeah, I had it in the back of my mind that I may end up doing that.

The red one that Sunset in Oregon has looks pretty good. It's a long way from home, has PCCB's and just sport seats...the rest is good though.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:41 AM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

I'm not sure yet. I'm going to drive it first for a while and decide. I exchanged emails with one of the very well respected tuning companies in CA regarding DEM as a "must have" and their opinion was "it was not a must have". While many track rats here have lauded it as a fantastic feature, no one has ever quantified just exactly how much it may/may not help a car perform with actual lap times.
Old 07-03-2011, 01:09 AM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 711 Likes on 432 Posts

Guys what's the big deal with the DEM?

I have had Wevo Semi Solid mounts on my last 2 cars and am extremely happy with them. No disturbing vibration or anything. On the track they are great as well.
Old 07-03-2011, 01:53 AM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

sin: Wevo's are one of the options I'm considering
Old 07-03-2011, 02:26 AM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 711 Likes on 432 Posts

There you go

The Wevo mounts are a cheap and good upgrade
Old 07-03-2011, 03:36 AM
10 GT3
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by paver
A salesman I spoke with today told me that DEM wasn't available on the first half of the 2010 production run. So, that does rule out quite a few. Checked rennlist classifieds. There are two. Both are black. One w/o DEM. Still looking.

I'm looking on the porsche North America pre-owned search, autotrader, cars.com, dupont registry, excellence-mag.com, ebay, marshallgoldman......anybody know of somewhere else I could try?
PDEM wasn't available until October 2009, about 6 months into the production. I took a later build date when my allocation came up to make sure I got them. Keep also in mind that regular GT3 production dropped substantially on the RS went into production. Strangely, most of the pre-speced cars after October 2009 have them but came with the wrong seats; typically adaptive sport seats and a lot more you are not looking for. Worst case, just swap the seats.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:49 AM
MarkG123
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

Hey Paver,

I have a white 10 GT3, with CPO and full front clear and dealer installed lazer/radar, red brakes, low optioned car. I am in Charlotte. I will list for sale in the coming weeks. Let me know if you have any interest. Car has less than 4K miles.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:57 AM
paver
Rennlist Member

MarkG, yeah I'm interested. Let me know the specifics on it. Any chance this is the car that Hendrick had listed recently?
Old 07-03-2011, 12:04 PM
MarkG123
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

Paver

Car is from Hennessy Porsche and has the following options, self-dim mirror & rain sensor, heated seats, sport adaptive seats, sound package plus, fire extinguisher, dynamic cornering lights, bluetooth, sport chrono, mats in interior color, universal audio interface, storage lid w/P-logo. I added full clear on front, came with dealer installed radar/laser ($2K), and CPO, car just had DME, no overrevs in any range.

Mark

Quick Reply: WTB: 997.2 GT3(non RS)