Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

OT: talk about bad luck and a bad back-almost lost my 16 YO son.

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 07:18 PM
str8ner
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OG, I wish you both a speedy recovery.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:56 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OldGuy
Thanks, I just cant believe I am held hostage by an Rx! I want to at least be up there with my boy and my wife, but I get to sit here while waiting for my dr. to allow the calendar to cycle a couple days. To me thats unconscionable on my doctors part. I understand the DEA rules but making me wait here while my family is in Reno is one of the biggest farce's I have ever seen in our twisted insurance situation.
AND OBAMACARE is going to solve issues like this?
THIS is just SCREWED. Its not fair to make my wife put this on her shoulders while I am held hostage
by my pain management Lord.
That's all crap because your doctor can authorize a refill before the TIME lapses. Usually you can't get a refill on a prescription with refills before the 28th day, four weeks. That is for schedule IIIs and up.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:30 PM
D-Uber Cars
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Paul,
Wishing Sean, your wife and you the best.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:00 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 393 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Rev_2_8k
... My cousins moved to the USA from Canada and the biggest thing they complain about is the health care system. ...
I have family and friends in Canada. They complain bitterly about wait times and serious rationing. It's also well known that several Canadian MPs routinely come to the US for high-risk health procedures... Of course, the Feds are forcing the Canadian health system upon us, and that's what we should worry about and vote against.

Re OG... do not worry about the bureaucratic pressure. Let things run their course, make sure your insurance payments and co-payments are paid on time and all will be well.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:39 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 390 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by ADias
I have family and friends in Canada. They complain bitterly about wait times and serious rationing. It's also well known that several Canadian MPs routinely come to the US for high-risk health procedures... Of course, the Feds are forcing the Canadian health system upon us, and that's what we should worry about and vote against.

Re OG... do not worry about the bureaucratic pressure. Let things run their course, make sure your insurance payments and co-payments are paid on time and all will be well.
Don't judge until you've experienced both systems personally. People in the US are very closed minded (in general) when it comes to other countries. That's right, "all will be well" if, and only if, you have money in the US.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:59 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Please, keep this thread on topic. Don't let it devolve into a health care debate. I could go on for hours on the subject but let's face it, its like beating a dead horse.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:34 AM
Snowboarder54
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Paul, best of luck to you my "old" friend. I have two sons of my own and two young grandsons, 23 months and 8 months, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I can't imagine what you are going through!
Old 07-18-2011, 01:08 AM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
Please, keep this thread on topic. Don't let it devolve into a health care debate. I could go on for hours on the subject but let's face it, its like beating a dead horse.
+1

take care OG
Old 07-18-2011, 06:30 PM
amaist
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for sharing your story.

I hope it will all work out fine. The good news is your son is 16. Everything heals better when you are young.

And this is just another useful reminder how I should stay ever vigilant regarding my own sons' (6 months and 3 years) safety. All too easy to miss something or give up on something. All the stupid stories about how in the old days we didn't need any safety devices are getting annoying. Sure, all of us here survived. But how many kids needlessly died or got permanently injured because they didn't use some safety device? A helmet doesn't even get in the way of fun after one get's used to having it on.

It's not that as a father I should be an annoying mother hen. But I am supposed to be the adult in this matter and do or insist on what I think is right.

And please don't take it the wrong way. It's very difficult to convince kids to do the right thing. None of us are perfect and accidents will happen. People are too quick to judge parents when something happens. It's very easy to say that one should insist on this or prohibit that. My best friend's mom always prohibited him from having a motorcycle. She found out he had one after an accident a week after which my friend died.

Good luck to all of you and get well soon.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:04 PM
C4S993
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As I was reading the story line about your son I was thinking of my sister's late husband who after a few too many fell in the living room and nailed the edge of a chair. Some blood and a head ache was the result so he took a nap to sleep it off and never woke up; he had a slow bleed in his brain (Hemotoma) and a visit to the ER, and a simple release of the pressure, would have saved him.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:30 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,455 Likes on 2,259 Posts

Originally Posted by kyrocks
Don't judge until you've experienced both systems personally. People in the US are very closed minded (in general) when it comes to other countries. That's right, "all will be well" if, and only if, you have money in the US.
+1
Old 07-18-2011, 07:31 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,455 Likes on 2,259 Posts

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
what sort of health coverage did the horse have?
Old 07-18-2011, 09:07 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
what sort of health coverage did the horse have?
San Francisco Health...

Quick Reply: OT: talk about bad luck and a bad back-almost lost my 16 YO son.