Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

GMG owes me $5800 dollars :(

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 11:24 AM
Martin_D
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

19 inch set SOLD after I bought my second set from GMG...

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/a...ed-wheels.html
Old 09-01-2011, 11:37 AM
9972RS
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Let's see here... I couldn't care who is stretching the truth or not.

1. I buy 1 set of 18" wheels. It doesn't work out. So, I get replacement rears. Those don't work out either.
2. I buy 1 set of 19" wheels. Works great. I sell them later privately.

So, GMG has made close to $15k in money from my purchases and yet they (GMG) still wants to charge me a f-ing restocking fee for 18" wheels that never worked? Guess what? I'll never buy a GMG product.

NOTE: above thought process will still apply if the order of 1 and 2 were reversed.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:38 AM
The Greek
Rennlist Member

Received 162 Likes on 64 Posts

The pictures above are 19 inch GMG wheels, which obviously fit. Martin is talking about a "18 inch" set of wheels he bought from GMG.

I can vouch for the situation. I am the person who purchased Martin's GT3, and I saw first hand the wheels. I was right there with Martin and the Porsche Tech when we discussed the fitment issues. I was very curious about the situation as I was in the market for new track wheels, and GMG was among my choices. Martin is a very standup guy, and I know posting this thread would likely be the final straw for him.

Side Note: This thread should NOT be locked. This forum is to help the rennlist community in all ways. If a customer has done all that he/she can do with a vender, but yet the vender still wont resolve the issue, then what options does the customer have? This is the very reason why Rennlist exists. Venders benefit greatly from positive reviews and referrals. So why should GMG not be accountable when service is an issue?
Old 09-01-2011, 11:52 AM
Martin_D
Advanced

^ Thanks Nick

I posted this thread to share my experience with other people in the community...
Old 09-01-2011, 11:57 AM
Spidey 993

I'm a computer engineer, I buy a laptop from Best Buy, I open the box, it boots but stays in a constant reboot cycle.

I take it back to Best Buy because I dont want to troubleshoot the issue, I just want one that works out of box.

Best Buy will charge me a restocking fee if I return or I can drop it off for Geek Squad repair.

I say WTF? Why am I being charged a restocking fee for a nearly a DOA out of box?

Why is Martin being charged 25% restocking fee and presumed guilty?

GMG, do the fking right thing!

Old 09-01-2011, 12:15 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The Greek
The pictures above are 19 inch GMG wheels, which obviously fit. Martin is talking about a "18 inch" set of wheels he bought from GMG.

I can vouch for the situation. I am the person who purchased Martin's GT3, and I saw first hand the wheels. I was right there with Martin and the Porsche Tech when we discussed the fitment issues. I was very curious about the situation as I was in the market for new track wheels, and GMG was among my choices. Martin is a very standup guy, and I know posting this thread would likely be the final straw for him.

Side Note: This thread should NOT be locked. This forum is to help the rennlist community in all ways. If a customer has done all that he/she can do with a vender, but yet the vender still wont resolve the issue, then what options does the customer have? This is the very reason why Rennlist exists. Venders benefit greatly from positive reviews and referrals. So why should GMG not be accountable when service is an issue?
1. I had an extended business dealing (multi-thousand dollar) with Nick (The Greek) a few weeks ago and can vouch he is a 100% first-class guy and he has proven himself to me to be totally honest and straight-up as they come. So if he tells me Martin is honest, I trust his comment.

2. I also fully agree with Nick's side note comments above.

FWIW
Old 09-01-2011, 12:32 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy
1. I had an extended business dealing (multi-thousand dollar) with Nick (The Greek) a few weeks ago and can vouch he is a 100% first-class guy and he has proven himself to me to be totally honest and straight-up as they come. So if he tells me Martin is honest, I trust his comment.

FWIW
Good enough for me, too. GMG, refund the OP's money please. And fast!
Old 09-01-2011, 01:00 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 436 Likes on 260 Posts

Martin

Since you dealt with me in the early stages of this transaction I felt that I needed to respond and shed some light on the matter at hand.

While I am trying to be objective as I possibly can and put myself in your shoes your claims and statements are nothing but skewed

If you recall you when you ordered the wheels they were made to order - just like any other custom wheel manufacturer .. (Including HRE etc) rarely does anyone keep mono blocks in stock.
And as you well know special orders on wheels are paid in advance to protect the vendor from getting screwed in situations where people crash there cars, damage there cars and or sell them..... Sound familiar?

Your wheels were sent to you with tires mounted per your request.
At this point no vendor will take a wheel back if it has been mounted..
( standard industry practice) Nothing new by any means.

Wheels were shipped and you attempted to install them. Information from you sent was sketchy and pictures were not clear, I spoke to the tech at the dealer myself and he did not have much information to relay back other than the wheels apparently did not fit. I asked him for specifics he was not able to provide them. I asked for pictures which you did send but did not show much and were unclear at best.

Based on what little information we had - I put into production another set of rear wheels - had them expedited and rushed shipment to you.. At my cost..... Most any other vendor would have told you to send the existing wheels back for inspection.. I did not ... ( you asked for customer service, I think that its fair to say you got it) I did what I could to get you taken care of as quickly as possible.

Its also important to point out at this time you sold your original set of wheels which you had from GMG the 19"s which you had no problems with.
Not once did you mention to us that you had an engine problem and were turning the car back to stock at anytime or selling it.

The second set of wheels were sent to you.. And you claim they did not fit.

You went on vacation and were apparently out of town and were not able to send them back- Several emails from me to you asking to see when you would send them back and your response you were gone and would send them out when you returned.

Almost 2 weeks time and then you send the wheels back.

If it was SUCH an issue and I was getting rich on your money why would wait so long to send back?

2. Its clearly obvious that you sold the car- There for why would you possibly need a set of 18" wheels.... Clearly motive to return the wheels for a full refund....

3. First set of wheels you sent back which were attempted to be installed clearly fit on the 997.2 GT3 we have in the shop I installed them myself. I went as far as to turn the wheel 4-5 times 360degrees to see if perhaps there was an issue with the locating pins and clearly there is not.

4. Ironically and for some strange reason the second set of wheels which we sent to you that had no tires mounted on them show no signs of an attempt to be installed. Not even a scratch on the aluminum where they would have made contact with the wheel hub and or pin drive. The guys installing them must be amazing at what they do.
Is it possible that they were never actually installed or an attempt made because your car was already sold and gone?

It really is unfortunate that you are across the country and we cannot be there to inspect and to fit the wheels to your car. But than again its also unfortunate that you sold your car and its no longer around either and you have no need for 18" wheels.

If anything this is a lesson learned for all the vendors and sellers on RL and other forums.

Per your agreement in the email sent today to James (this morning)we will take the wheels back and settle up financially based on your agreement with him.

GMG has always been a respectable and reputable company and will always run a business with fair standards. Your not in business for over 11 years and growing by not taking care of your customers....

If you have any other further questions please do not hesitate to call 714-432-1582 or email me directly.. fabryce@gmgracing.com

Thanks again for the opportunity and I am sorry that it did not work out as we all had hoped good luck to you in your future endeavors.

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series
Old 09-01-2011, 01:19 PM
A430v
Racer

Originally Posted by gmgracing
You went on vacation and were apparently out of town and were not able to send them back- Several emails from me to you asking to see when you would send them back and your response you were gone and would send them out when you returned.

Almost 2 weeks time and then you send the wheels back.

If it was SUCH an issue and I was getting rich on your money why would wait so long to send back? A
I normally don't jump on the bandwagon in these discussions - but hey, if I had a vacation all planned and booked, I sure ain't going to let a defective rim derail my travel plans. Not abnormal to go on a 2 week vacation and put everything on hold. As an outsider, I don't know the full story - but maybe the incident fell at the cusp of Martin's vacation and he simply had no time to ship it back until after.

But it seems as if everything is getting resolved. Good luck to both parties!
Old 09-01-2011, 01:35 PM
Aerokitted
Pro

And the sample is just two GT3s... kinda. The one in GMG's shop and Martin's car, but Martin's saying they tried to fit it on other GT3s at the dealership and it didn't fit either, but then how many GT3s are there to go around for test fitting? GMG was always working with 1.

What's getting twisted? Ah, well. Given the outcome, still interested in the GMG bypass!
Old 09-01-2011, 01:37 PM
9972RS
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Does it matter if I sold my car, crushed it at the junkyard, or drove it into the water?

The wheels did not fit and we have a third party witness. Again, I don't know either Martin or have done any business with GMG. I don't care who is stretching the truth. Wheels don't fit, then money should be returned fully. Plus you already made money on the 19" wheels that he bought initially. Suck it up and take a loss. It's like a bully trying argue why he took someone's lunch money.

It only takes one bad business transaction to ruin your reputation.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:46 PM
SpeedGT3
Racer

Originally Posted by A430v
I normally don't jump on the bandwagon in these discussions - but hey, if I had a vacation all planned and booked, I sure ain't going to let a defective rim derail my travel plans. Not abnormal to go on a 2 week vacation and put everything on hold. As an outsider, I don't know the full story - but maybe the incident fell at the cusp of Martin's vacation and he simply had no time to ship it back until after.

But it seems as if everything is getting resolved. Good luck to both parties!
In this age of TECHNOLOGY, with SMARTPHONEs and BLACKBERRY's , I find it highly doubtful that the OP didnt have access to email.

I also find it very childish to resort to a public forum to address a PRIVATE matter.

If I am a vendor, I might think twice about selling Martin D anything in the future, for fear of a UNWARRANTED public backlash.

Old 09-01-2011, 01:49 PM
SpeedGT3
Racer

Originally Posted by 9972RS
Does it matter if I sold my car, crushed it at the junkyard, or drove it into the water?

The wheels did not fit and we have a third party witness. .
It does matter, since the car is NOT around anymore and since there is NO documentation as to the wheels not fitting. Only a third party witness and one photo.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:00 PM
The Greek
Rennlist Member

I dont want to get completely involved in the situation. I am glad to hear GMG is doing the right thing, because based on what I saw, it is the right thing to do.

Speed, you werent there, and you didnt see it. I am that third part witness, so easy on your rhetoric.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:01 PM
The Greek
Rennlist Member

Thanks Savy! Really appreciate it! I've been all over your traqmate threads trying to do the cleanest install. Your display bracket was awesome....

Quick Reply: GMG owes me $5800 dollars :(