Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

2010 GT3RS Aqua Blue/Gold Track-Day Special For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 10:21 PM
Snowboarder54
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Pete, call when you are done with the 4.0! That's the only Gt3 Porsche I would consider giving up my SW3.9 for. Oh, and congrats on the purchase, I know you will enjoy and respect it. I'm still hoping to see you on the 22nd, weather permitting!
Old 10-06-2011, 11:19 PM
Polarporsche
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 15 Posts

Good luck with the sale Pete, how's the 4.0 so far?
Old 10-06-2011, 11:21 PM
Laguna_Dude
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 33 Posts

Also, your RS is a perfect street/track toy. I think someone is going to score big on this one. You've done all the work! Very well put together. GLWS!
Old 10-06-2011, 11:36 PM
Laguna_Dude
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
modding street cars is fun and hands-on. arrive and drive could possibly sometimes be called 'disconnected' perhaps????
i've never done arrive and drive, but a lot of the times, i see the driver sitting in a chair talking on the mobile, while others fettle and get involved in the car.....it's like he is disconnected slightly from the experience. it's like going to a bbq and sitting indoors and watching tv while the meat is cooking outside. sure, you gonna eat that meat, but you didn't get involved in the cooking process even if just to watch and smell it happening.

glws, pete, top car!
In some ways you are right. For me, working on the car is not my best use of time. And I am not a professional mechanic, so best to have qualified people working on a car I am driving at speed. It's all about time value. So to simply show up and have the car prepped and ready to roll is priceless. And there is plenty to do besides wrenching... we look at data and get schooling from pros, watch videos of our last sessions, etc. This to me is better time spent, as it makes a better driver. I guess it would be more for those that like to drive or have ambitious to be faster vs. involvement in the car beyond driving. I was not putting one form down vs the other. It all comes down to how each wants to enjoy this hobby. For me it's purely the driving and the people involved. For other's it might be the whole enchilada, includiung DIY on the car.

I think this RS is a good example of a great compromise in this dilemma. As the new owner will not have bear the full cost to add all these critical improvements and they can even some track support at much lower cost vs. race car and have the best of both worlds. Involvement, easy prep and maintenance and the ability to learn and become a better driver. It is a perfect step up for someone looking to improve or get deeper into this hobby/sport. It's totally dialed. I couldn't think of anything a serious track junkie would need to add or change.

Pete, you should post this in the Cup section too... a few guys are sniffing around at cups, but might like the lower support costs, etc. of your RS.

Last edited by Laguna_Dude; 10-07-2011 at 01:32 AM.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:41 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,491 Likes on 2,272 Posts

Originally Posted by Laguna_Dude
I know. But for a guy that seems to have serious dough.. from his stable (RS, Spyder, 4.0, GT2-Rs, etc.... I would think an arrive and drive option would be optimal (vs. trailering or driving a track car to and from). I would never do it any other way again... it's like flying.. once you experience 1st class, it's hard to fly coach. haha. I do see the upside in the street-track car though. But I would still do that in an arrive and drive. The benefit being you would be slower vs. race car and would enjoy the street-car run group more vs. being in a fast car with slower cars., etc. etc.
u are lucky.
poc does enough events to keep anyone busy.
and GMG, werks 2, speed gallery, hergesheimer (sp), etc etc to name just a few can support cups. in norcal, we dont have the same support. even with support shops, they dont always go to the same events.... so it gets rather tricky......
Old 10-07-2011, 01:39 AM
axracer
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Laguna_Dude;8926749]In some ways you are right. For me, working on the car is not my best use of time. And I am not a professional mechanic, so best to have qualified people working on a car I am driving at speed. It's all about time value. So to simply show up and have the car prepped and ready to roll is priceless. And there is plenty to do besides wrenching... we look at data and get schooling from pros, watch videos of our last sessions, etc. This to me is better time spent, as it makes a better driver. I guess it would be more for those that like to drive or have ambitious to be faster vs. involvement in the car beyond driving. I was not putting one form down vs the other. It all comes down to how each wants to enjoy this hobby. For me it's purely the driving and the people involved. For other's it might be the whole enchilada, includiung DIY on the car.

Old 10-07-2011, 02:08 AM
jenk12m
Banned

Glws!!
Old 10-07-2011, 08:34 AM
early_grayce
Burning Brakes

It's all about time value. So to simply show up and have the car prepped and ready to roll is priceless. And there is plenty to do besides wrenching... we look at data and get schooling from pros, watch videos of our last sessions, etc. This to me is better time spent, as it makes a better driver. I guess it would be more for those that like to drive or have ambitious to be faster vs. involvement in the car beyond driving. I was not putting one form down vs the other. It all comes down to how each wants to enjoy this hobby. For me it's purely the driving and the people involved. For other's it might be the whole enchilada, includiung DIY on the car.
I would never do it any other way again... it's like flying.. once you experience 1st class, it's hard to fly coach. haha. I do see the upside in the street-track car though.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:09 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

take the car to a shop, put it back to stock and sell it as the lowest priced .2RS in the country.

take all you parts and have a garage sale.

this will be the fastest way to move the car.

I have been there, done that. trust me.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:11 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,588 Likes on 736 Posts

GLWS, the best equipped RS for sale!

Virtually impossible to have any surprises on this car.
Is there an RS out there that has been better documented??

Sometimes you buy the seller as well as the car. Both come with excellent reputation in this case
Old 10-07-2011, 12:48 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys! I have already had several private replies of interest.

The car has never had any mechanical issues such as RMS, exploding clutches or anything else. When I had the engine out to do the coolant fitting repair the clutch looked great otherwise I would have replaced it. It doesn't use any oil.

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
take the car to a shop, put it back to stock and sell it as the lowest priced .2RS in the country.

take all you parts and have a garage sale.

this will be the fastest way to move the car.

I have been there, done that. trust me.
Usually excellent advice, but I stripped my Spyder back to OE just to have the buyer decide he wanted the take-off's too Haha, so sometimes a buyer wants the goodies. On this particular build it would be crazy to not use it for a dedicated track car so hopefully the "right" buyer is out there.

A friend just sold his trackified car to someone was otherwise tracking a convertible and wanted something safer

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
GLWS, the best equipped RS for sale!

Virtually impossible to have any surprises on this car.
Is there an RS out there that has been better documented??

Sometimes you buy the seller as well as the car. Both come with excellent reputation in this case
Thanks Peter, I appreciate your kind words of support.

DJN, Doug on here who did the write-up on the centerlock to five lug conversion, has driven this car and can vouch for it being properly sorted. And it may yet show up in a magazine feature Here are some of Doug's fine photos (those 2Elle Engineering wheels are NOT included in the price).

Last edited by savyboy; 12-28-2011 at 01:03 PM.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:55 PM
jaa1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kyrocks
I thought you needed a new VIN to properly "clear" a salvage title.
you can never properly "clear" a salvage title... once you repair and register a salvage title car, you get a 'rebuilt salvage' title..

the only state where its possible to turn a salvage title into a clean title is Kentucky, but even then the carfax and autocheck will show that it has been salvaged..

the other problem with salvage or rebuilt salvage titles is that you can't get financing from traditional banks.. a credit union that you have had a long relationship with might give you half the market value of the salvage car..
Old 10-07-2011, 02:13 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 277 Likes on 153 Posts

It will be interesting to see how you do with this. I think the rebuilt title is a deal killer at your price. I am sure you had it repaired correctly but the story never goes away.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:17 PM
tripleblack
Racer

Savy, earlier this year someone bought my (well) modified car "as is" and then proceeded to modify it even further for the track. They decided they wanted it the day before it was to be stripped of all mods. Definitely worth first putting it up for sale as is. It might be the right car at the right time for someone out there. One never knows. GLWS.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:22 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 116 Likes on 82 Posts

Sorry to see it go, but it's clearly redundant.

Quick Reply: 2010 GT3RS Aqua Blue/Gold Track-Day Special For Sale