Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 05:59 AM
Candellara
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 997.1 GT3 RS Clutch

Guys,

Haven't used the car much of late and a little gremlin has surfaced

When trying to start the car, i just get a "click" like a starter motor problem. My feeling is that it's the switch that operates the sign on the dash "make sure clutch pedal is depressed"

After a few minutes of moving the car in and out of the gears and depressing the clutch pedal - the car starts ok.

When throroughly warmed up, it seems ok but the clutch pedal does feel a bit "graunchy" at the end of it's travel. The clutch doesn't slip and the car only has 14,000 miles

Am i right to assume a switch is sticking or needs adjustment?

Any help or pics of where to adjust would be massively appreciated
Old 11-14-2011, 08:02 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 291 Likes on 146 Posts

Maybe air in clutch? Have u bled it recently?
Old 11-14-2011, 10:12 AM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts

You should first check if the adjustment of the switch is correct. The switch must switch when the clutch pedal is actuated approx. 1-2 mm before the limit stop of the clutch master cylinder.

If the gap is ok you might need a new switch. To replace it you have to carefully pull off the connector from the clutch pedal switch (and interlock switch) and then remove the relay carrier, vehicle electrical system control unit, and device support on the left above the clutch pedal.
Attached Images   
Old 11-14-2011, 10:43 AM
Candellara
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
You should first check if the adjustment of the switch is correct. The switch must switch when the clutch pedal is actuated approx. 1-2 mm before the limit stop of the clutch master cylinder.

If the gap is ok you might need a new switch. To replace it you have to carefully pull off the connector from the clutch pedal switch (and interlock switch) and then remove the relay carrier, vehicle electrical system control unit, and device support on the left above the clutch pedal.
Thanks

Time to lay on my back and get underneath the dash Will have a look this weekend and report back
Old 11-21-2011, 05:06 AM
Candellara
Intermediate

Had a look at the switch guys - and it "seems" fine. Lubricated it anyhow to make sure it's not sticking.

My thoughts now turn to - an intermittent starter motor problem because:

When i try and start the car without my foot on the clutch the dash message comes on "Depress Clutch Pedal".

When i depress the clutch pedal the message disappears and on about one in three occassions - all i get is a "click" from the starter solenoid.

After depressing the clutch a few times and moving in and out of gear - the starter will eventually engage.

Anyone else had this problem? and is a starter motor a DIY'able job?

NB: I really ought to rename this thread as it doesn't have anything to do with the clutch - more starter / electrical related

Last edited by Candellara; 11-21-2011 at 12:54 PM.

Quick Reply: 997.1 GT3 RS Clutch