Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Shout out to ATX Autosport and Sharkwerks!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 06:47 PM
snk
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shout out to ATX Autosport and Sharkwerks!

Hey Y'all,

I'm fairly new to the world of Porsche and GT3's (not a bad choice for my first P-car eh?), but have been lurking on this forum for a little while. I've learned a lot from this forum and enjoy reading the informative posts, so thanks for that!

Anyway, just wanted to give a shout out to ATX Autosport right here in Austin, TX, for being a great indy shop to get your Porsche (and other euro cars) worked on. I recently suffered from the coolant pipe failure and they were able to accommodate me and did a fantastic job fixing her right up, at a very reasonable price. Joe, the owner, was very good to work with and I felt very good about the work being done before, during, and after. He went as far as to allow me the opportunity to inspect a few items at his shop while the motor was out, as well as check out the coolant pipe pinning job that he did (very nicely done), so I was a happy camper. If you're ever at CotA and need help, or if you're in the Austin area, I highly recommend them!

While the motor was out, I decided to get the stainless coolant pipes made by Sharkwerks, who I know has a great reputation on this forum. Alex was very responsive and gave me a heads up about product availability (backordered). I cancelled my order once due to the backorder, but Alex got back to me a few days later and told me that the item was back in stock, so I re-ordered the piece and it was shipped out the same day, allowing the car to be put back together with the minimum amount of wait time. I thought that this was excellent customer service. So thanks, Alex and Sharkwerks! (BTW, I saw the Jay Leno's garage segment. Very cool!)

I'm happy that I've been able to find two great resources that I could rely on in my new journey of Porsche ownership, and hopefully I'll be able to have many more fun miles in my GT3.

Thanks y'all!

Nobu
Old 04-24-2014, 09:57 AM
Misdirection
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to hear that worked out well. Also good to hear local feedback on shops. Was the failure at the BMWCCA event at COTA? I think I may have been sharing the garage with you there if so.
Old 04-24-2014, 02:23 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 84 Likes on 38 Posts

hey nobu thanks for flying with us and good to hear and know so I can send people there in the future
Old 04-24-2014, 07:15 PM
Cbwell
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 for atx autosport. I've had them do quite a bit of work for me and it's always been a good experience.

See you out there again soon, Nobu.

Quick Reply: Shout out to ATX Autosport and Sharkwerks!