Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Sketchy GT3: 2010 GT3 White ATL

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 12:25 AM
richk
Drifting

Received 880 Likes on 365 Posts

I'm just wondering is it difficult to drive this car while patting yourself on the back?

You gotta great deal congrats...move on!
Old 10-01-2015, 12:27 AM
NorthVan
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by richk
I'm just wondering is it difficult to drive this car while patting yourself on the back?

You gotta great deal congrats...move on!
Personally, I think he is just commenting on this thread to avoid any possible trouble with a future sale because of it.
Old 10-01-2015, 12:38 AM
callchuck
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NorthVan
Personally, I think he is just commenting on this thread to avoid any possible trouble with a future sale because of it.
You are correct and I will stand by word on any information I can share about this car for a future sale.
Old 10-01-2015, 01:11 AM
NorthVan
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by callchuck
You are correct and I will stand by word on any information I can share about this car for a future sale.
Smart move
Old 10-01-2015, 04:30 AM
RSA_27149
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So how long till the flip? Lol
Congrats on a find, if all true.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:57 AM
richk
Drifting

Received 880 Likes on 365 Posts

Makes sense and he seems to be making some logical points...enjoy the car Chuck.
Old 10-01-2015, 11:26 AM
997s07
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Any buyer interested in these cars should always get a PPI from a reputable organization - not necessarily a dealership. Even after checking rennlist, which is the first place to ask about the car.
Old 10-01-2015, 11:27 AM
TheInfamousDrew
Racer

Hey Chuck,
I’m glad that you were able to get this car at a good price and that it’s not as bad as it initially seemed.
This post was created because of the way the dealer acted when I contacted them about the car.
They didn’t list any of the issues on AT and it was only after digging and speaking with the manager did I find out about the PPI.
I trusted Jim Ellis Porsche as I’ve bought cars from them before and have always had a 1st class experience.

The dealer that was selling the car didn’t know what they had at first and were trying to sell it at a higher price than it was worth.
They were trying to sell this as a “great condition” car when it was clearly an “OK condition” car.

This seems like a good buy for you.
For me it wouldn’t have been because I would have to dump extra money into the car to make it right. (Tires, brakes, etc)
That’s not what I would have expected when buying a used car from a reputable dealer.

I simply wanted to warn the community about the questionable history and any potential issues.

Hope you enjoy the car. Let me know when you’re ready to sell it.
Old 10-01-2015, 12:58 PM
callchuck
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TheInfamousDrew
Hey Chuck,
I’m glad that you were able to get this car at a good price and that it’s not as bad as it initially seemed.
This post was created because of the way the dealer acted when I contacted them about the car.
They didn’t list any of the issues on AT and it was only after digging and speaking with the manager did I find out about the PPI.
I trusted Jim Ellis Porsche as I’ve bought cars from them before and have always had a 1st class experience.

The dealer that was selling the car didn’t know what they had at first and were trying to sell it at a higher price than it was worth.
They were trying to sell this as a “great condition” car when it was clearly an “OK condition” car.

This seems like a good buy for you.
For me it wouldn’t have been because I would have to dump extra money into the car to make it right. (Tires, brakes, etc)
That’s not what I would have expected when buying a used car from a reputable dealer.

I simply wanted to warn the community about the questionable history and any potential issues.

Hope you enjoy the car. Let me know when you’re ready to sell it.
Hi Drew,

The car is going over to Hennessy tomorrow for a updated PPI and complete bumper to bumper inspection with pictures for any potential buyers that come along so they will not be scared off this car. When you post a thread about buyer beware and run from this without actually physically inspecting the car is somewhat unfair and can cause another individual financial harm when trying to sell the car under any circumstances. Because I work for Porsche I will make sure this car gets a 100% clean bill of health with photographs from Hennessy to show car is a great condition car with only 13,000 unmolested miles, no over revs and no accidents with no overspray from any type of body work. This car drives like a new car and it is a shame that this post completely harmed its reputation as a great GT3 for someone to enjoy. I know the Bentley Store was very upset and I took advantage of the situation to buy it knowing it was a strong car with minor issues that were easily corrected. Now I have to prove the PPI from Ellis is not as bad as stated in report and your comments about running from the car was inaccurate. In reality the car was in good condition if not great and should have sold for at least the $124 price range. As stated from the Ellis DME report showing no over revs which proves the car was never driven hard or fast on the street or track. Someone set it up to run fast but never did. Thanks

Last edited by callchuck; 10-01-2015 at 01:16 PM.
Old 10-01-2015, 01:28 PM
callchuck
Intermediate

Originally Posted by whoadude
This is pretty funny. I think everyone on the hunt noticed this car on autotrader. The dme report looks pretty decent though no?
The DME report was perfect showing very strong car never driven hard or fast. No over revs in stage 1 and only 30 ignitions in stage one. It does not get much better than that.
Old 10-01-2015, 01:50 PM
TheInfamousDrew
Racer

I believe you're taking this too personally.
Not sure why you’re so concerned about resale if you just bought the car.
You should be happy that my thread saved you money and enjoy it.

First off, I did what any one of us would do that's from out of the area. I was going to have a PPI performed on the vehicle but one had already been done by a reputable dealer that I've done business with in the past.

You're right, that car did have a clean DME report which was great, however....
The Bentley dealer was not willing to fix any of the issues.

After speaking with the manager over a few days, he informed me that they did find some overspray (not to the extent that was indicated in the PPI), the under nose panel was cracked, and that his techs confirmed the rotors were at minimum thickness.
Having said that, the car did seem clean otherwise. If the dealership would have been willing to fix most of those issues it would been a good buy at or around their asking price.
Now if you're saying that you purchased the car with none of the aforementioned items, then they may corrected them.

Another thing you're right about, I didn't see the car in person.. I did however call and speak with the service manager at Jim Ellis Porsche about the car.
And he stood by the PPI.
If the dealer had been forthcoming with information and transparent about the vehicle I probably wouldn’t have posted a thread about it.
What didn’t sit well with me was the fact that I had to dig and dig for the info on the car.

Again, I’m happy that the car was in great shape when you purchased it and I’m sure you’ll get it in proper order.
When you go to sell it, the new owner will get a well sorted car.

Hell, if you message me with the updated PPI I’ll happily revise the original post to help you in the future.

-Drew

Hi Drew,

The car is going over to Hennessy tomorrow for a updated PPI and complete bumper to bumper inspection with pictures for any potential buyers that come along so they will not be scared off this car. When you post a thread about buyer beware and run from this without actually physically inspecting the car is somewhat unfair and can cause another individual financial harm when trying to sell the car under any circumstances. Because I work for Porsche I will make sure this car gets a 100% clean bill of health with photographs from Hennessy to show car is a great condition car with only 13,000 unmolested miles, no over revs and no accidents with no overspray from any type of body work. This car drives like a new car and it is a shame that this post completely harmed its reputation as a great GT3 for someone to enjoy. I know the Bentley Store was very upset and I took advantage of the situation to buy it knowing it was a strong car with minor issues that were easily corrected. Now I have to prove the PPI from Ellis is not as bad as stated in report and your comments about running from the car was inaccurate. In reality the car was in good condition if not great and should have sold for at least the $124 price range. As stated from the Ellis DME report showing no over revs which proves the car was never driven hard or fast on the street or track. Someone set it up to run fast but never did. Thanks
Old 10-01-2015, 01:54 PM
997s07
Burning Brakes

The DME report was perfect showing very strong car never driven hard or fast. No over revs in stage 1 and only 30 ignitions in stage one. It does not get much better than that.
Just curious; how does the DME show a "strong car"? Furthermore, it does have overrevs - 30 ignitions are in range (not stage) 1.
Old 10-01-2015, 01:57 PM
997s07
Burning Brakes

Funny how a thread started by an honest rennlister warning the community turns into a advertisement for resale.
Old 10-01-2015, 01:59 PM
TheInfamousDrew
Racer

Originally Posted by 997s07
Funny how a thread started by an honest rennlister warning the community turns into a advertisement for resale.
My thoughts exactly!
Strange that it's being sold so quickly since it's such a strong car.
And this is coming from someone who flips cars like flapjacks. I've bought three cars already this year.
Old 10-01-2015, 02:12 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 709 Likes on 389 Posts

Originally Posted by 997s07
Totally agree.

Quick Reply: Sketchy GT3: 2010 GT3 White ATL