Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2024, 10:04 PM
Wonderdan
Rennlist Member

Received 1,065 Likes on 582 Posts

I dont think we treated that dealer different than we would have an individual, anytime we see buyers having to discover something for themselves it’s just asking for the RL treatment.

In this case Raudi is a potential buyer and if it had raw pics and full disclosure he may have felt better about it.

Don’t ask, dont tell, is exactly why this thread keeps going on and on for one of the most collectible cars in history.

If I ever sell this car I’m putting a fish in the quarter panel cause you guys won’t see it coming

Last edited by Wonderdan; 01-27-2024 at 03:51 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Wonderdan:
cavlino (01-28-2024), kfitzpat9 (01-27-2024)
Old 01-26-2024, 10:52 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,045 Likes on 663 Posts

Originally Posted by 650kid
It’s the Jewish version of Smith lol
hmmm wait,... this intrigued me since you have such emphasis on how upstanding RFM is ,... after a bit of digging, are you saying that you, B Friedman are not in any way related to Ryan Friedman
(I'm withholding your full first name out of respect your privacy on this public forum)
Old 01-26-2024, 11:00 PM
8Lug
Rennlist Member

Received 831 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by bweSteve
hmmm wait,... this intrigued me since you have such emphasis on how upstanding RFM is ,... after a bit of digging, are you saying that you, B Friedman are not in any way related to Ryan Friedman
(I'm withholding your full first name out of respect your privacy on this public forum)
I don’t think he’s trying to hide the relationship to RFMC. His profile pic shows his car in the bat cave.
Old 01-26-2024, 11:03 PM
prl
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by 650kid
LOL I'm with you 100%. 997.1 3RS in the rarest spec for 200K?! Yeah right..
silver orange is rare? But ugly!
The following users liked this post:
kfitzpat9 (01-27-2024)
Old 01-26-2024, 11:28 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,757 Likes on 1,649 Posts

Originally Posted by 8Lug
I don’t think he’s trying to hide the relationship to RFMC. His profile pic shows his car in the bat cave.
Not many people would know that, especially the West Coast Crew. If this is true, it kinda sucks that a fellow members would play us like that. 650 are you related?

Also, I want to give a shout out to everyone who was on that auction disclosing what they knew about the car its history and use. Also a nod to those who asked the questions others wouldn't dare or know to ask. You are the reason BAT works so well. Too many people on BAT see a 997GT car and just fawn over it with way too many GOAT compliments.

Let's get down to the nuts and bolts of the sale. Need to know all information regarding condition and the more detailed the better. Why should anyone be afraid of transparency? If the seller is honest, he should have no problem answering any question about the car in a clear and concise manner without getting emotional. Ryan seemed to have a little pity party at the end and blamed the failed auction on the crowd. You know your audience. It's BAT for christ sakes, get a grip and bring your A game because the crowd, many of which live eat and breath GT cars, will not only take you to school, but once there will take your lunch money and then meet your after the 3pm bell.

Ok rant off. sorry Ryan!

Last edited by RAudi Driver; 01-26-2024 at 11:38 PM.
The following 6 users liked this post by RAudi Driver:
arkaid (01-30-2024), GM.RS (01-27-2024), HpIzKing (01-27-2024), jreifler (01-27-2024), welikethetrack (01-29-2024), widers911 (01-27-2024) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-26-2024, 11:40 PM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Received 1,083 Likes on 589 Posts

I went up Angeles Crest this morning and stopped by Rusnak Porsche in Pasadena. There were three cars tagged as not for sale because they were on BAT. One of them, a blue 992 GT3, looked kind of cool at first, then I noticed it was a Porsche corporate car. Somebody asked in the auction about a side marker looking like it was bulging out. The seller (dealer) said naw....I just checked it. It's fine. I walked up to it, and if you pushed on it the other edge would pop out. It's broken. Paint looked like crap, and they put PPF on without cleaning up the paint first. Lastly, there was either horrid PPF on one side-view mirror or a chip underneath the PPF.

IMHO they should not be able to list without the BAT official photographer shooting it.

GT3 auction
HpIzKing (01-27-2024)
Old 01-26-2024, 11:52 PM
AplusTintPPF
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Default I traded this car in

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
It looks to be a 991 Center delete and the tips protruded too much. I'm sure the dealer is working on getting the correct tips for the vehicle.

The bad thing about this vehicle is that all those plastic interior pieces look to have been painted from white to a rattle can satin black. Wonder if it gets scratched, will the white be underneath?

https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/2...che-911-gt3-6/

WP0AC2A98AS783319

I traded my 07’ C2S for this GT3 in 2/2023 from Naveed. The passenger door, roof, and trunk have been repainted and was not disclosed to me before the trade.

I guess that’s the name of the game with these cars! I truly would’ve felt awful selling it privately not truly knowing what its real story was so I traded it in on a new Cayenne. Took the L and moved on. Next car, I’ll look over much more in depth before purchasing. I felt “got” after acquiring it, and after finding more and more little details, I couldn’t shake off the idea that the car had to be in a decent sized accident and covered up.

I removed all the white trim and had it sanded and painted satin black, thinking it would look better than the white, after pricing out replacing all the pieces, it would’ve been extremely costly to replace it all OEM, especially the seat backs!

That cars been through the wringer and I’m glad to no longer own it. It’s unfortunate that’s more common than not when it comes to these cars. I did tons of maintenance on it in my few months owning it, so mechanically it’s better off than it was when I acquired it but still, the clutch was “off” and I just felt like I owned someone’s cover-up. Definitely want to get into another 911, one with a clean history that doesn’t worry me. Just wanted to give my story with it so everyone knows! The white interior should’ve been a red flag to me from the beginning but my ignorance took over and I kept telling myself “I’ll just put it back to stock and it’ll be awesome!”. Never would’ve guessed it was in an accident and covered up, but now ya know!
410-877-8468 - APLUSAUTOSTYLING.COM
APLUSAUTOSTYLING@GMAIL.com

-2007 Basalt Black C2S (SOLD)
-2010 Black GT3 (SOLD)
-2024 Dolomite Silver Cayenne
The following 6 users liked this post by AplusTintPPF:
cooler2442 (01-26-2024), HpIzKing (01-27-2024), RAudi Driver (01-27-2024), sirringo (01-27-2024), thegrayman (02-16-2024), widers911 (01-27-2024) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-27-2024, 01:05 AM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,757 Likes on 1,649 Posts

Originally Posted by welikethetrack
2010 gt3 @156k w 44k miles at a Porsche dealer:
https://www.porschehuntvalley.com/us...45eed707a1.htm
Originally Posted by samwise
This should go quick at that price
Originally Posted by Steve_D
Especially with that rare automatic transmission option!
It looks to be a 991 Center delete and the tips protruded too much. I'm sure the dealer is working on getting the correct tips for the vehicle.

The bad thing about this vehicle is that all those plastic interior pieces look to have been painted from white to a rattle can satin black. Wonder if it gets scratched, will the white be underneath?

https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/2...che-911-gt3-6/

WP0AC2A98AS783319

Originally Posted by sirringo
I know and have driven this car from prior ownership, i.e. when everything was still white. It’s rough and shows all of its age and miles - aesthetically but more importantly in how it drives. It has not been what I’d call enthusiast-owned.

I passed on it immediately after checking it out.
Originally Posted by Upscale Audio
OMG the white interior car. I almost forgot about it. The white was so weird looking it seemed like pancake makeup. Now it's black. Did somebody post the VIN to this thread? Hope so.
Originally Posted by Wonderdan
Wow it’s almost semigloss, worse than the white. It will most certainly scratch if it was just painted over. But if the rest of the car is clean would that stop me, prob not.

If you gave yourself some time you could slowly replace them for reasonable prices, plenty of guys going carbon with those parts laying around. I see from a simple google search could get a lot of the vents and doors done for less than $1k

However if you were to try and brute force it carbon replacements would be less than OEM.
That stupid little piece above the glove box is like $800, I don’t even want to tell you what porsche wants for a center console.
Originally Posted by seis-speed
That price at a Porsche dealer, was going to move fast. I have talked with dealers that have a list of people that want to be notified ASAP if they get a 997 or 991 GT3 on trade.
Hopefully he visits us and become a member. I have a feeling he will need the expertise of the enthusiasts. However, it may be a flipper too.
Originally Posted by Vocan
Anyone taking bets on whether it will be relisted with Brooklyn Auto or Grand Prix Motors within a week?

Well, I had to go way back to gather these. The pages in this thread add up super quick. After @AplusTintPPF made a mention of the car of what seemed to be out of the blue, I had to take a refresher course on it so I dragged all these replies down here. Sorry to make a mess of the thread but at least your study material is now all in one place. Study up folks.
The following 10 users liked this post by RAudi Driver:
AplusTintPPF (01-27-2024), FastAlpine (01-27-2024), GM.RS (01-27-2024), HpIzKing (01-27-2024), sirringo (01-27-2024), Steve_D (01-27-2024), TheBucketOfTruth (01-27-2024), thegrayman (02-16-2024), welikethetrack (01-29-2024), widers911 (01-27-2024) and 5 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-27-2024, 04:13 AM
sirringo
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by AplusTintPPF
I traded my 07’ C2S for this GT3 in 2/2023 from Naveed. The passenger door, roof, and trunk have been repainted and was not disclosed to me before the trade.

I guess that’s the name of the game with these cars! I truly would’ve felt awful selling it privately not truly knowing what its real story was so I traded it in on a new Cayenne. Took the L and moved on. Next car, I’ll look over much more in depth before purchasing. I felt “got” after acquiring it, and after finding more and more little details, I couldn’t shake off the idea that the car had to be in a decent sized accident and covered up.

I removed all the white trim and had it sanded and painted satin black, thinking it would look better than the white, after pricing out replacing all the pieces, it would’ve been extremely costly to replace it all OEM, especially the seat backs!

That cars been through the wringer and I’m glad to no longer own it. It’s unfortunate that’s more common than not when it comes to these cars. I did tons of maintenance on it in my few months owning it, so mechanically it’s better off than it was when I acquired it but still, the clutch was “off” and I just felt like I owned someone’s cover-up. Definitely want to get into another 911, one with a clean history that doesn’t worry me. Just wanted to give my story with it so everyone knows! The white interior should’ve been a red flag to me from the beginning but my ignorance took over and I kept telling myself “I’ll just put it back to stock and it’ll be awesome!”. Never would’ve guessed it was in an accident and covered up, but now ya know!
Sorry to hear about your experience and I hope you get back into one of these. My experience with Naveed was filled with red flags!
AplusTintPPF (01-27-2024)
Old 01-27-2024, 08:00 AM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,045 Likes on 663 Posts

I don't think I've seen this .2 lipstick wannabe 2007 GT3 on here yet.... Asking $147.9k ... 34.3k miles

Here it is in their Porsche Colorado Springs inventory:
https://www.porschecoloradosprings.c...co-id-54108307

VIN WP0AC29927S792224 ... red cage, red dials, rubber dash, minimal pictures

Porsche Colorado Springs just released this youtube walk around for a potential buyer...
Looks like Porsche Colorado may have even removed the cage (or painted it black) based on this video. The windows seem heavily tinted.

Last edited by bweSteve; 01-27-2024 at 08:04 AM.
Old 01-27-2024, 08:38 AM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 2,974 Likes on 2,051 Posts

Certainly appreciate a previous owner on the silver RS coming out and disclosing the past use/history of the car. I think that there is a buyer for every car, no matter how much track time or how pristine a given car is, I know someone that would be interested in it.

My issue in general with the buying and selling process of cars is how little transparency there is with the majority of dealers and this is not targeted at anyone in particular, so please don't read it as such. When I see pics on a BAT auction, I don't want to see the glamour shots. I know what press photos (from the manufacturer) look like and I've seen enough well done pics online of nearly every car. I know what a 997 GT3 looks like. I want to see every angle of the car and I want the flaws pointed out to me. This is incredibly important. I actually think that psychologically it brings out more faith in us as buyers. For instance, if you show me the smallest of flaws in the paint, why would I think you're hiding anything regarding mechanicals or other cosmetic flaws? I wouldn't think that because you (as the seller) are showing the smallest of imperfections, so naturally I'd assume you're going to point out the large imperfections or issues too. Also, if you're a seller and you have access to a lift to get proper underbody pics, please provide them. I get that not every seller in their garage has that ability (I don't), but for those that have a two post or four post lift, it is incredibly useful to see what the underside looks like as it tells the story of the car.

Now, there are totally things that I understand get past any seller, especially a dealer. For instance, if you have some nuanced issue such as "when the car gets over X temperature on a 100F day, when on track in third gear, it sometimes does Y", ok, I definitely don't expect a selling dealer to know that because they're probably not using their inventory on track, so that may only be found out as a buyer when using it as such and you can't blame the dealer for that. As a private seller, I'd appreciate that it's disclosed, but there are unique traits to all of these cars and I understand if you experienced that one time, you may not even remember or disclose it. We can also talk about paintwork on plastic/bumpers. It is not true that you can't meter a plastic bumper, you can, you just need a Defelsko Positetctor 200. They do come up for sale on eBay occasionally for much less than the retail price. Now, I don't expect most sellers to have one, very quality paintwork on bumpers is not easy to spot and even us nutty Porsche owners seem to agree that bumpers are off limits when talking about paintwork.

The sellers that come out and say "this car has had paintwork" and "this car has these flaws" please keep doing so. They know who they are and it is so appreciated in the community. The ones that are not disclosing problems upfront, I think it would be a service to yourself and the community (not just Porsche, but car community) to state a cars issues upfront. Don't make people call and then find out during a PPI that a car has major issues if you already know about them. I understand that a dealer can't know everything, especially high volume dealers, but if you know of an issue, make it known to others too. For instance, there was a .2RS for sale last year and I found out that it had a motor replacement. In the description there was no mention of the car having a motor replacement and we're talking about an upper $200k car. Now, I would hope that if you got into conversations and were moving along, that info may come out, but I also could see it being kept quiet. I also could see them not knowing about it, if you don't dig deep into some of these cars regarding the history or documentation, then you probably won't know and in many ways ignorance is bliss. You'll probably enjoy your car more not obsessing over these details.

My closing thought is when selling (or buying for that matter), transact in the way you'd want to be treated. As someone that has been screwed on car deals (undisclosed issues that seller knew about) when I really could not afford to take a loss, yet took a loss and it was on a dream car, it is really a horrible position to be in. We're talking a very large Porsche dealer that did this and I've documented the situation without naming the dealers name here. You never know who you're screwing over, what point of life they're in, how much of a stretch they're taking to make this happen or how picky they are. I forget who said it, but full disclosure is the best disclosure.
The following 7 users liked this post by Bxstr:
cavlino (01-28-2024), heymikey (01-27-2024), Joe Cho (01-27-2024), kfitzpat9 (01-27-2024), RAudi Driver (01-27-2024), widers911 (01-27-2024), Wonderdan (01-27-2024) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-27-2024, 09:02 AM
650kid
Rennlist Member

Received 120 Likes on 63 Posts

Not many people would know that, especially the West Coast Crew. If this is true, it kinda sucks that a fellow members would play us like that. 650 are you related?

Also, I want to give a shout out to everyone who was on that auction disclosing what they knew about the car its history and use. Also a nod to those who asked the questions others wouldn't dare or know to ask. You are the reason BAT works so well. Too many people on BAT see a 997GT car and just fawn over it with way too many GOAT compliments.

Let's get down to the nuts and bolts of the sale. Need to know all information regarding condition and the more detailed the better. Why should anyone be afraid of transparency? If the seller is honest, he should have no problem answering any question about the car in a clear and concise manner without getting emotional. Ryan seemed to have a little pity party at the end and blamed the failed auction on the crowd. You know your audience. It's BAT for christ sakes, get a grip and bring your A game because the crowd, many of which live eat and breath GT cars, will not only take you to school, but once there will take your lunch money and then meet your after the 3pm bell.

Ok rant off. sorry Ryan!
I’d like to think I’ve only added to this community over the better part of the last decade. There’s over a dozen RLers that can attest to this who know me personally through the car world. Those that do, know we are not in fact related, just very good friends (the last name and NYer makes it an easy assumption though). I never defended a lack of transparency, only the insinuation that there was something deliberate/deceiving going on. I think my comments earlier reflect that. I was defending my friends reputation as I think any of us would, especially having bought/sold almost ten cars with the guy. It’s not just me going out to Pebble with that crew. @Autosbyhart rolled with us this year and some of his west coast clients as well. I think this speaks volumes about how customers feel post transaction.

I’ll say this about the flipper thing.. If I were looking for a car and a dealer beat me to it it’d certainly get me nuts. But if I get beat I get beat - such is life. Nothings stopping me from buying it from the purchasing dealer and although I’ll have to pay more money I’d like to think when dealing with the right place there’s an added value to having recourse on the car from a company that will stand behind the car they sold you after they’ve gone through and sorted whatever needed to be addressed. And if that’s the case they are not a flipper, they’re running a solid business that adds value. If anyones local you should go check out their service bay. There’s always 2/3 air cooleds with the engines out getting a reseal. I don’t think that’s “flipping” cars. Honestly, if it was as easy as buying any car you like whether listed publicly or privately and reselling it for more money right after I’d love to be in the business myself. Who wouldn’t wanna be playing with cars all day if you can make a good living doing it? Sounds like the dream haha. I think the fundamental thing we forget sometimes is most of these Indy’s truly just love cars. For all we know BK bought that car solely for the purpose of putting the buckets in a personal car of his figuring he’d break even or make a few bucks after reselling it with sofas. I think most of them are just car guys who’ve figured out how to make a living doing what they love. I can’t get behind bashing that. Now if you’re doing shady **** and not being above board that’s a different story. I’d like to think it all catches up to those guys eventually. They have no place in any industry.

Last edited by 650kid; 01-27-2024 at 09:40 AM.
The following 9 users liked this post by 650kid:
arkaid (01-30-2024), cavlino (01-28-2024), Elliotw44 (01-27-2024), GlenGT3 (01-27-2024), jreifler (01-27-2024), kfitzpat9 (01-28-2024), RallyBird (01-27-2024), Red9114me (01-27-2024), SupraSaiyan (01-27-2024) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-27-2024, 11:14 AM
8Lug
Rennlist Member

Would love to know what this went for.

https://www.ryanfriedmanmotorcars.co...11-gt3-c-1871/

probably the holy grail of specs and only 6k miles to boot.
Old 01-27-2024, 11:31 AM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

Received 2,304 Likes on 1,265 Posts

Originally Posted by 8Lug
Would love to know what this went for.

https://www.ryanfriedmanmotorcars.co...11-gt3-c-1871/

probably the holy grail of specs and only 6k miles to boot.
I heard him say on his social media it was his personal car and wasn’t for sale. I guess it just was for the right price. Not the first car he said wouldn’t be sold, but sold not long after saying that.

Last edited by RapidGT; 01-27-2024 at 11:32 AM.
Old 01-27-2024, 12:06 PM
8Lug
Rennlist Member

I have to respect the business RFMC has built and his ability to source the finest examples. It takes years and years to develop the type of relationships required to know where these cars exist and be able to buy them. My friend just bought a 996 GT3 from him and was blown away (in a good way) by the condition.
The following 4 users liked this post by 8Lug:
cavlino (01-28-2024), kfitzpat9 (01-27-2024), Red9114me (01-27-2024), Robocop305 (01-28-2024)

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...