QueueCumber
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by fijibubba
Yeah I guess they are selling the compact version LOL
Is this the new VW GT3 RS Beetle?

Is this a GT3 RS for ants?!
The following 2 users liked this post by QueueCumber:
fijibubba (08-29-2020), RapidGT (08-29-2020)
Old 08-29-2020, 06:07 PM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

Received 2,307 Likes on 1,265 Posts

Originally Posted by fijibubba
Yeah I guess they are selling the compact version LOL
Originally Posted by QueueCumber
Is this the new VW GT3 RS Beetle?

Is this a GT3 RS for ants?!
Its predecessor LOL

The following users liked this post:
QueueCumber (08-29-2020)
Old 08-29-2020, 10:20 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,765 Likes on 1,653 Posts

Originally Posted by QueueCumber
lol, it looked like this when I opened the link:

997 GT3 RS SWB.
fijibubba (08-29-2020)
Old 08-30-2020, 12:59 AM
Jon Moeller
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Starting my search for a 997 GT3, and this came up. Is anyone familiar with this car? Seems like it might be too good of a deal.

Last edited by Jon Moeller; 08-30-2020 at 01:01 AM.
Old 08-30-2020, 01:23 AM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jon Moeller
Starting my search for a 997 GT3, and this came up. Is anyone familiar with this car? Seems like it might be too good of a deal.
Here’s a old listing of the car with a list of mods it had 4 years ago.
https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...e-911-gt3.html
Jon Moeller (08-30-2020)
Old 08-30-2020, 11:26 AM
TYPE911
Rennlist Member

Received 637 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by yoojeankim
i believe their reserve was 250

dan
250 ?!

What's a realistic number for this car, any previous sales data on VG low mileage RS cars?
Old 08-30-2020, 11:49 AM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TYPE911
250 ?!

What's a realistic number for this car, any previous sales data on VG low mileage RS cars?
I saw one on RM back in May that didn’t sell and ended up on eBay shortly afterwards that was $180k OBO.
https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/0...-gt3-rs/902156
Old 08-30-2020, 11:52 AM
Jon Moeller
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John,
Thank you for the info. Definitely helps me know what to look for, if I decide to pursue it.

-Jon
Old 08-30-2020, 01:09 PM
DocR
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 40 Posts
Default High mile GT3

Originally Posted by D1ESEL
This should be interesting..... 84k mile 997.1

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing
I am considering making the 3h drive to go check it out. Has anyone on here gone and looked at it? 70+ days on market and aggressive pricing so why is it failing the 'sniff test'?

I am looking for a driver that will see the occasional HPDE day - I am in the intermediate group and do 4-5 days a year, and I think this car is more up to the task that my current 2006 C2S.

I am not put off by the Girodisc rotor conversion, but the damage on the Carfax, the aftermarket front bumper (is that a Cup front - either OEM or aftermarket I can't tell), warrants further investigation. The cynic in me thinks that damage on a Carfax and no accident reported screams misadventure at the track.

Also no mention on the Carfax of the car being titled in NY but the previous sale thread on here with this car shows NY plates - is this stuff usually missed?

In my correspondence with the dealer so far, they have produced a clean (albeit truncated) DME, and claim to have no knowledge of the details of the damage or repair apart from 'their techs have checked it out and all looks good". They think it still has whatever exhaust came on it when it rolled into the shop, so I want to know what has been swapped back to stock as it previously had some Fabspeed stuff and an EVOMSit tune.

No mention of service history (and I would want this to be very detailed) and no mention of what is due, despite me asking. Perhaps this is a conversation better done in person following a test drive.

How are dealerships when it comes to taking a close look at a car? I'd like to get this thing on a lift and look closely at the suspension amongst other things. I have a Foxwell NT530 - could I in theory run my own DME? Do shops freak out if random guys come in and plug stiff into OBD2 ports? Do people bring their own paint meters to get panel readings? Otherwise I was just going to look at fit and finish of the panels.

Anyone have experience with Porsche Monterey? I'd like to be able to negotiate up the trade price on my C2S and negotiate sale price on the GT3 if its suitable. It's been on the market for over 2 months and I can see that collectors and purists passing on this one - I am neither of these things. I am most likely to maintain it very well, doing as much of the basics as possible, and drive the hell out of it when I can - aiming to hit 6 digits on the odometer in my ownership.

A GT3 is a dream to me and this seems like an attractive opportunity to join the club.

Apologies if this is not the best place to ask these questions, but I didn't know whether this warranted a thread by itself. Feel free to DM me your opinions.
Old 08-30-2020, 02:16 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 2,978 Likes on 2,054 Posts

Originally Posted by DocR
I am considering making the 3h drive to go check it out. Has anyone on here gone and looked at it? 70+ days on market and aggressive pricing so why is it failing the 'sniff test'?

I am looking for a driver that will see the occasional HPDE day - I am in the intermediate group and do 4-5 days a year, and I think this car is more up to the task that my current 2006 C2S.

I am not put off by the Girodisc rotor conversion, but the damage on the Carfax, the aftermarket front bumper (is that a Cup front - either OEM or aftermarket I can't tell), warrants further investigation. The cynic in me thinks that damage on a Carfax and no accident reported screams misadventure at the track.

Also no mention on the Carfax of the car being titled in NY but the previous sale thread on here with this car shows NY plates - is this stuff usually missed?

In my correspondence with the dealer so far, they have produced a clean (albeit truncated) DME, and claim to have no knowledge of the details of the damage or repair apart from 'their techs have checked it out and all looks good". They think it still has whatever exhaust came on it when it rolled into the shop, so I want to know what has been swapped back to stock as it previously had some Fabspeed stuff and an EVOMSit tune.

No mention of service history (and I would want this to be very detailed) and no mention of what is due, despite me asking. Perhaps this is a conversation better done in person following a test drive.

How are dealerships when it comes to taking a close look at a car? I'd like to get this thing on a lift and look closely at the suspension amongst other things. I have a Foxwell NT530 - could I in theory run my own DME? Do shops freak out if random guys come in and plug stiff into OBD2 ports? Do people bring their own paint meters to get panel readings? Otherwise I was just going to look at fit and finish of the panels.

Anyone have experience with Porsche Monterey? I'd like to be able to negotiate up the trade price on my C2S and negotiate sale price on the GT3 if its suitable. It's been on the market for over 2 months and I can see that collectors and purists passing on this one - I am neither of these things. I am most likely to maintain it very well, doing as much of the basics as possible, and drive the hell out of it when I can - aiming to hit 6 digits on the odometer in my ownership.

A GT3 is a dream to me and this seems like an attractive opportunity to join the club.

Apologies if this is not the best place to ask these questions, but I didn't know whether this warranted a thread by itself. Feel free to DM me your opinions.
Did the DME show no range 1-6? Or no range 2-6? Previous ad says no 2-6, so if there are no 1's, that would be a concern.

Looks like a cup front bumper.

No idea on the NY carfax.

I don't think the Foxwell scanner does DME reports, but I may be incorrect on that. You may need to get a Durametric in order to read that, or a couple of other certain brands of scan tools that support that. Dealer should have no issue putting it up on a lift for you and letting you check everything out. I would personally bring a paint meter and inspect it myself, but I would be surprised if that car does not have some sort of paintwork given it has 80k miles and is 13 years old. Unless the paint had full film on it which is unlikely or the paint is just chipped up.

If you're willing to do some of the maintenance yourself, I think this could be a good car. Good car if you just want to put miles on, drive, maintain and enjoy.
The following 4 users liked this post by Bxstr:
DocR (08-30-2020), fijibubba (08-30-2020), RapidGT (08-30-2020), Robocop305 (12-30-2021)
Old 08-30-2020, 04:13 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by DocR

seriously doubt you're going to get detailed svc history - not everyone is fastidious in keeping and passing along

my GT3 was owned by a doc who had a TT as well and a dedicated track car, yet no svc history (did provide a DME and PPI though)

guessing hte car may have had some paint as well, I thought someone mentioned it had see na tire wall, but cannot confirm.

when my car showed up it had convex points along the rear wheel well which I took to have corrected - yes, this requires paint

doesn't mean it isn't a decent car - it was certainly a track rat. it was also offered to me at $69 and change. front bumper looks like an aero kit bumper (it is exactly like my old C2S had w/factory aero kit cup)
fijibubba (08-30-2020)
Old 08-30-2020, 04:18 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pissedpuppy
seriously doubt you're going to get detailed svc history - not everyone is fastidious in keeping and passing along

my GT3 was owned by a doc who had a TT as well and a dedicated track car, yet no svc history (did provide a DME and PPI though)

guessing hte car may have had some paint as well, I thought someone mentioned it had see na tire wall, but cannot confirm.

when my car showed up it had convex points along the rear wheel well which I took to have corrected - yes, this requires paint

doesn't mean it isn't a decent car - it was certainly a track rat. it was also offered to me at $69 and change. front bumper looks like an aero kit bumper (it is exactly like my old C2S had w/factory aero kit cup)
Small outward dents on the rear quarter? That is caused by rivets from the rear quarter glass falling in between the double walled fender and eventually pushing out the metal and cracking the paint. I have seen that on both repainted and non-repainted cars. My first 997 had it and I borescoped the quarters from the inside speaker area. A very skilled PDR tech was able to remove the rivets and slightly push the metal back in, but the paint was already cracked. I have considered putting sound insulation material in between the double walled fender area to prevent this from happening. I have pics of this entire process if anyone was interested.
The following 2 users liked this post by Bxstr:
pissedpuppy (08-31-2020), RAudi Driver (08-31-2020)
Old 08-30-2020, 05:20 PM
DocR
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 40 Posts

Thanks all, this is very useful information.
Old 08-30-2020, 05:33 PM
Yc911Kid
Three Wheelin'

Received 774 Likes on 406 Posts

Anyone info on this car https://swvintage.com/194011/2011-PORSCHE-911-GT3 ? From a vin search it seems to be a previous track car with many track mods, would love more input on this as if the current pricing reflects it's condition/history fairly.

VIN: WP0AC2A98BS783127
Old 08-30-2020, 05:42 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Yc911Kid
Anyone info on this car https://swvintage.com/194011/2011-PORSCHE-911-GT3 ? From a vin search it seems to be a previous track car with many track mods, would love more input on this as if the current pricing reflects it's condition/history fairly.

VIN: WP0AC2A98BS783127
I'm sure you noticed the PCCB's have been swapped for steels. Looks like the calipers have seen some heat too since they look like a darker yellow. Looks like a nice car though. I will let someone else chime in on the price, it seems a little high to me.

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...