GT3 with CGT seats FS

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2016, 04:44 PM
/five
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts
Default GT3 with CGT seats FS

I posted my 997.1 GT3 for sale in case anyone is looking. Thanks

http://https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-marketplace/948852-2007-gt3-for-sale-the-one-you-want.html
Old 08-14-2016, 01:03 PM
/five
Rennlist Member

I'll extend same offer to RL that I agreed to w prospective buyer (still open for sale needing financing) of 94k w CGT and delivery sofas. At that price I'm keeping the BBS for later sale. I'm putting on PCA site today. Thanks for interest!
Old 08-14-2016, 04:08 PM
/five
Rennlist Member

Car is sold to gt2-josh. Thanks for the interest!
Old 08-14-2016, 04:40 PM
FLT6SPD
Rennlist Member

Received 603 Likes on 264 Posts

Quick sale! Congrats!

Originally Posted by /five
Car is sold to gt2-josh. Thanks for the interest!
Old 08-14-2016, 11:28 PM
Modena 1
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

I don't know anything but you should never have mentioned anything about the cgt seats. The car is a good buy at 94k without them...and as you state they are about a 10k value.

You can't buy a clean 20k miles 997.1 gt3 with no stories for 84k.

Good luck and part out the bbs for sure.
Old 08-15-2016, 09:44 AM
DerStig
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Modena 1
I don't know anything but you should never have mentioned anything about the cgt seats. The car is a good buy at 94k without them...and as you state they are about a 10k value.

You can't buy a clean 20k miles 997.1 gt3 with no stories for 84k.

Good luck and part out the bbs for sure.
I disagree. As a seller of any expensive item, it is a valuable marketing strategy to price something aggressively and have it sell quickly. Because if it doesnt sell within the first week, then the chances will drop further and further. Sure there are always exceptions, but when I see a house or a car on the market for 60 days for example I am always cautious and wonder the reason.

When we were buying our house, the sellers priced it 10% below market value. The day house was put on the market there were 3 bids all over asking. House sold (to us) over asking in 48 hours. Much nicer houses with greedy sellers took weeks to sell, sure there are always exceptions.

The other thing is the market for these cars have been trending down steady for a while now, I'd say since January of this year. I have never seen dealers doing multiple price reductions on these cars (and still not be able to sell them). I have seen first hand 3 dealers (in fact 4 now) reduce their prices by as much as 30k and not sell their low mile pristine GT3.

My theory for this is simple, there are two kinds of buyers of this car. One who will drive 500 miles a year and enjoy the presence of this car in their garage more than driving it and then sell it for a profit AND the one that wants to drive it and put miles on it. The problem is the former is a very small circle and probably we have exhausted most interested potential buyers and the latter is never going to pay massive premiums.

This presents a problem for all the 15k+ mile cars and those are the ones having difficulty selling.

The seller made a smart decision and priced his car right. I was the first one to PM him but the other buyer beat me because he had cash available.

I can see this downward trend going for a while before the car earns a status like air cooled cars and become classic, but that wont start anytime soon. Bottom line is most CPO warranties are running out, even the low mile cars have some miles on them, and the fact that there are cars like GT4, GT350, etc is reducing the size of an already small market for this car.

In fact I just got an email from yet another dealer who will be reducing their price, oh well
Old 08-15-2016, 02:09 PM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by DerStig
I disagree. As a seller of any expensive item, it is a valuable marketing strategy to price something aggressively and have it sell quickly. Because if it doesnt sell within the first week, then the chances will drop further and further. Sure there are always exceptions, but when I see a house or a car on the market for 60 days for example I am always cautious and wonder the reason.

When we were buying our house, the sellers priced it 10% below market value. The day house was put on the market there were 3 bids all over asking. House sold (to us) over asking in 48 hours. Much nicer houses with greedy sellers took weeks to sell, sure there are always exceptions.

The other thing is the market for these cars have been trending down steady for a while now, I'd say since January of this year. I have never seen dealers doing multiple price reductions on these cars (and still not be able to sell them). I have seen first hand 3 dealers (in fact 4 now) reduce their prices by as much as 30k and not sell their low mile pristine GT3.

My theory for this is simple, there are two kinds of buyers of this car. One who will drive 500 miles a year and enjoy the presence of this car in their garage more than driving it and then sell it for a profit AND the one that wants to drive it and put miles on it. The problem is the former is a very small circle and probably we have exhausted most interested potential buyers and the latter is never going to pay massive premiums.

This presents a problem for all the 15k+ mile cars and those are the ones having difficulty selling.

The seller made a smart decision and priced his car right. I was the first one to PM him but the other buyer beat me because he had cash available.

I can see this downward trend going for a while before the car earns a status like air cooled cars and become classic, but that wont start anytime soon. Bottom line is most CPO warranties are running out, even the low mile cars have some miles on them, and the fact that there are cars like GT4, GT350, etc is reducing the size of an already small market for this car.

In fact I just got an email from yet another dealer who will be reducing their price, oh well
Wow you seem to have gone from a noobie to an expert in the matter of one week....

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...questions.html
Old 08-15-2016, 03:20 PM
DerStig
Racer

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
Wow you seem to have gone from a noobie to an expert in the matter of one week....

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...questions.html
You surely did not like what I posted. I apologize if I offended anyone was not my intention even remotely.

I have been following the market for 997s for almost 2 years now. I know most GT3s bought and sold around here and in area dealers and I wrote what I wrote based purely on what I observed.

Its clearly obvious but unless you have missed it (which I'm sure you havent because yourself responded to the other thread), the other thread is about the mechanics of the car, typical repairs/maintenance items/etc. A person can be very knowledgeable about a specific car's used car market but know nothing or very little about the particular car's details.

If you disagree with what I wrote, thats fine. But no need to respond the way you did

Anyways, no hard feelings!
Old 08-15-2016, 04:03 PM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

You surely did not like what I posted. I apologize if I offended anyone was not my intention even remotely.

I have been following the market for 997s for almost 2 years now. I know most GT3s bought and sold around here and in area dealers and I wrote what I wrote based purely on what I observed.

Its clearly obvious but unless you have missed it (which I'm sure you havent because yourself responded to the other thread), the other thread is about the mechanics of the car, typical repairs/maintenance items/etc. A person can be very knowledgeable about a specific car's used car market but know nothing or very little about the particular car's details.

If you disagree with what I wrote, thats fine. But no need to respond the way you did

Anyways, no hard feelings!
2 years? Move too slow, no cash available? That's what you call a dreamer, it's a good car just pull the damn trigger already. It's not going to blow up or lose 50% of it's value overnight. There are many many GT3's deals that aren't done online (in the public arena) which you'd have no idea on and what you can see online is only a portion of the market not the market.

The cars that sit, sit for a reason and many dealers price cars 30K above market hence 30K worth of discounts before they are sold. In the end offers buy cars and a car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
Old 08-15-2016, 04:47 PM
DerStig
Racer

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
2 years? Move too slow, no cash available? That's what you call a dreamer, it's a good car just pull the damn trigger already. It's not going to blow up or lose 50% of it's value overnight. There are many many GT3's deals that aren't done online (in the public arena) which you'd have no idea on and what you can see online is only a portion of the market not the market.

The cars that sit, sit for a reason and many dealers price cars 30K above market hence 30K worth of discounts before they are sold. In the end offers buy cars and a car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
I'm not sure what your problem is, but check your manners perhaps? Its none of your or anyone else's business why I moved slow and my financial situation.

Keep it civil please, I have done nothing to you personally.

Thanks.
Old 08-15-2016, 05:37 PM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 582 Likes on 369 Posts

Someone got a great car! If this price was offered when we talked last month I would have been a buyer. Congrats to both the buyer and the seller.
Old 08-15-2016, 08:30 PM
BGA23
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm not sure what your problem is, but check your manners perhaps? Its none of your or anyone else's business why I moved slow and my financial situation.

Keep it civil please, I have done nothing to you personally.

Thanks.
Looks like someone has got their panties in a wad. Lighten up Francis.

You're taking all of this too personally. Take a few deep breaths and relax.

If need be, take your GT3 out for a drive and enjoy. Oh wait... (kidding here).
Old 08-15-2016, 10:24 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,485 Likes on 2,270 Posts

7.2gt3 white sofa 27700$ $110
Old 08-16-2016, 07:46 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,748 Likes on 1,643 Posts

^^ got love mooty's no nonsense, barely have time to write a proper thread responses which cut to the chase and give the bottom line. Makes for more free time in all of our days.

DerStig, you want a .1 White GT3 34k with no overruns and no track time. Come get mine. I'm waffling on making a move to an RS.
Old 08-17-2016, 12:29 AM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
^^ got love mooty's no nonsense, barely have time to write a proper thread responses which cut to the chase and give the bottom line. Makes for more free time in all of our days.

DerStig, you want a .1 White GT3 34k with no overruns and no track time. Come get mine. I'm waffling on making a move to an RS.
He's a dreamer/troll not a buyer. No one serious reads forums for 2 years and posts 7 threads about the car without buying.

Quick Reply: GT3 with CGT seats FS