Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Porsche Blasphemy? My GT3 Widebody Scud (KILLER photos!)

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 04:06 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

I love it - looks great!@ GLWS

how about some more pics of the blonde in your avatar???
Old 12-03-2018, 12:38 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,045 Likes on 663 Posts

Question out of curiosity,.. is there quality paint that matches the original color underneath the wrap on the fenders & Qrtrs when they did the metal flares? (if someone decided to change the wrap color, pulling it off can sometimes cause challenges)

I love your vision, and cajones to allow the first cut into the body. It's all-in at that point, and clearly you saw it through to a fantastic finish.

=Steve
Old 12-03-2018, 09:58 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default I’m confused....

Car is fun to look at...but I’m confused. You started this thread with a story: “I've had my widebody 997 GT3 for almost 10 years now. I love it, but I wanted to get something different. I've always wanted a Ferrari 430 Scuderia, but could not stand to part ways with my GT3. So my solution......wrap and paint.”

Ok, I get it, except within this same thread you post the car for sale. So now, in the process of being showered with well deserved compliments, you can now stand to part ways with your car? Begs the question, what’s changed with your story? Or did I misunderstand?

Old 12-03-2018, 10:04 PM
docdan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fbfisher
Car is fun to look at...but I’m confused. You started this thread with a story: “I've had my widebody 997 GT3 for almost 10 years now. I love it, but I wanted to get something different. I've always wanted a Ferrari 430 Scuderia, but could not stand to part ways with my GT3. So my solution......wrap and paint.”

Ok, I get it, except within this same thread you post the car for sale. So now, in the process of being showered with well deserved compliments, you can now stand to part ways with your car? Begs the question, what’s changed with your story? Or did I misunderstand?

I think it would make more sense once you realized the original post in this thread was over 2 years ago in 2016, and I just updated the thread recently to let all the well wishers know that this car is now up for sale, in case someone else wants to enjoy it for awhile.

And btw, I recently lowered the price to $128,900 so it isn't that much more than a similar stock GT3.
Old 12-03-2018, 10:09 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh....never mind (said in my best Emily Letella ((Gilda Radner SNL character for those not old enough to get the reference)) impersonation).

GLWTS!

Quick Reply: Porsche Blasphemy? My GT3 Widebody Scud (KILLER photos!)