Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thoughts on this car FS? Ultimo Chicago

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2019, 02:42 PM
USNA12
Banned

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

In regards to the above listed car I just posted...blue and gold color scheme are the USNA colors...I guess I have to buy it.
Old 02-25-2019, 02:52 PM
Metaphysician
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 92 Posts

What about offering to get the car trailered on a flatbed to that nearest Porsche dealer? That way you're not putting 40mi each way on the car, plus the risk of it being on the road and something happening. More cost to you, but if you like the car it could be worth it.
Old 02-25-2019, 03:02 PM
cstyles
Rennlist Member

Received 192 Likes on 94 Posts

A coveted car with a below-market price, without any explanation, coupled with a used car dealer that won't allow outside proper PPI inspection, should be all the red flag you need. No one leaves money on the table, ESPECIALLY not used car dealers. The car is priced below market because the dealer acquired the car at an even lower price allowing them to make their profit margin.

Consider who on earth would part with a 30k mile 2012 997.2TT 6 speed coupe at that low of a price unless there was a very specific reason for it? Plus consider the modifications on the car, someone that owned this car was an enthusiast - why wasn't it sold through the enthusiast channels? If it was traded in to Porsche, why didn't Porsche keep it and sell it for $100k+? Maybe it was traded in to this specific dealer... in that case, do they have more background on it? Surely they didn't take in on trade with no information from the previous owner.

Even at the original listing price of $98k, that is a very good price for this car assuming it's 100% clean. And it never sold... you have to ask yourself why. And why has it now been relisted at another $10k less?

Due diligence is critical in these types of situations where it almost seems too good to be true. Maybe the car is perfect... who knows. But like I said, if one thing is true - no one leaves money on the table with these cars. Good luck

Edit: Also note that the front lip is missing entirely. Not sure why a dealer would list the car like that rather than buying a replacement for a couple hundred bucks and installing it.
Old 02-25-2019, 03:04 PM
Romulus90
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by USNA12
Did you look at this one? If you want speed then I can assume this is a beast...3.8l build with 65mm turbos probably running an E85 tune

https://www.ultimomotors.com/invento...cd29989s773475
Gorgeous car, and a monster I'm sure.. i'm more interested in stock though and not someone else's project, however well done.

Originally Posted by Metaphysician
What about offering to get the car trailered on a flatbed to that nearest Porsche dealer? That way you're not putting 40mi each way on the car, plus the risk of it being on the road and something happening. More cost to you, but if you like the car it could be worth it.
I'm going to call the P-dealers tomorrow and ask if they will do the PPI, then re-attack with Ultimo. My hiccup is I am in Germany working and can only call from work, so I just get an hour or two at the end of the day to make these calls due to the time difference.
Old 02-25-2019, 03:10 PM
Romulus90
Advanced

Originally Posted by cstyles
A coveted car with a below-market price, without any explanation, coupled with a used car dealer that won't allow outside proper PPI inspection, should be all the red flag you need. No one leaves money on the table, ESPECIALLY not used car dealers. The car is priced below market because the dealer acquired the car at an even lower price allowing them to make their profit margin.

Consider who on earth would part with a 30k mile 2012 997.2TT 6 speed coupe at that low of a price unless there was a very specific reason for it? Plus consider the modifications on the car, someone that owned this car was an enthusiast - why wasn't it sold through the enthusiast channels? If it was traded in to Porsche, why didn't Porsche keep it and sell it for $100k+? Maybe it was traded in to this specific dealer... in that case, do they have more background on it? Surely they didn't take in on trade with no information from the previous owner.

Even at the original listing price of $98k, that is a very good price for this car assuming it's 100% clean. And it never sold... you have to ask yourself why. And why has it now been relisted at another $10k less?

Due diligence is critical in these types of situations where it almost seems too good to be true. Maybe the car is perfect... who knows. But like I said, if one thing is true - no one leaves money on the table with these cars. Good luck
All very true, and I totally agree. If I had to guess I'd say there is something hidden which is why it's been for sale for 8 months, but I'm exploring it in hopes that the carbon bits and slightly gaudy wing have turned off otherwise interested buyers. Thanks for the voice of reason
Old 02-25-2019, 06:01 PM
Bskyoon
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I was a signature away from pulling the trigger on this car in 16' when it was for sale somewhere in the mid west, can't remember the place. Back then it was only a few owners down the line so it was fairly easy to track the hx. It started at Champion in FL and was apparently the owner's car (talked to the guy at Champion so this is word of mouth from him). He personally added those carbon bits which as most of us are saying here are quite expensive. It was in NY for a short time before ending up at that dealer with only 13K miles, so someones definitely been driving it lately . They wouldn't budge at 103K back then. If I could do it all over I think I would have pulled the trigger at that price, I just love the way it looks. Hope this helps.
Old 02-25-2019, 06:06 PM
Bskyoon
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Also there is a carbon front splitter not shown in the pictures, I read in the FB group they took it off for maintenance.
Old 02-25-2019, 09:48 PM
Dguth
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Bskyoon
Also there is a carbon front splitter not shown in the pictures, I read in the FB group they took it off for maintenance.
If that's the case, just speculation but I bet it's the Werks front splitter that goes with their carbon rear wing.
Old 02-26-2019, 02:56 AM
pressure ratio
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Romulus90

The Ultimo salesman told me they would gladly arrange a PPI, but the nearest Porsche dealer who would do it was 40 miles away. he recommended a nearby independent shop (Village Automotive), though Village's website doesn't indicate they are Porsche certified or cater to specialty cars.
Is that Village Auto in Westmont that the recommended? That would be odd as that is less than a mile away from a large Porsche dealer in Westmont, IL. If they have the car in Warrenville then Westmont is like 12 miles away. But who knows where the car is actually at.

I have used Napelton Porsche before with no issues. The service writers and tech were really cool. Especially since I was concerned with them test driving the car with about 700 whp. The tech thanked me for the heads up as it was more than he expected when he tested the vtg actuators after a re-learn.

Napelton Porsche
201 E Ogden Ave, Westmont, IL 60559
Old 02-27-2019, 04:31 PM
ble2011
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

I bought my 997tt from Ultimo Motors in Westmont IL 2 years ago. Nothing bad to say about them. The sales manager was very helpful. They allowed me a PPI anywhere I wanted. PM if you have questions.
Old 02-28-2019, 01:24 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 854 Likes on 435 Posts

If you love the look of the car, I would just buy it and enjoy it. If it has some slight issues, most used cars do. Go for it, no need to think twice! Sounds like it's got a great pedigree and you love it or you wouldn't be thinking so hard about it. You'll never, ever see another one exactly like it. Do it man! Just do it.
Old 03-01-2019, 03:13 AM
Romulus90
Advanced

Thanks for the thoughts..

I called the garage (Village) and they had no idea what a DME report was. I mentioned it was a count of overrev ignitions and they tried to assure me there was nothing wrong revving this car to redline. I didn't bother explaining any further.

Anyhow, they dropped the price another 2k to 87.. Since I can't have it inspected by any real shop I'll wait and see if it's still there when I return from Europe next month. It's already been 8 months, maybe it will last another 2..
Old 03-01-2019, 10:46 AM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts

Probably a good idea.
Old 03-01-2019, 11:02 AM
pressure ratio
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts

Check out Napleton Porsche as they are not far away from Ultimo's Warrenville location at all. They will get you squared away. Good luck!

Napleton Porsche
201 E Ogden Ave
Westmont, IL 60559
630-326-3503
Old 03-01-2019, 03:32 PM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

The over rev deal is really killing sales for no good reason. Don’t walk away from a car because it doesn’t have a squeaky clean report.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on this car FS? Ultimo Chicago