Thoughts on this car FS? Ultimo Chicago

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2019, 07:13 PM
Romulus90
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Thoughts on this car FS? Ultimo Chicago

https://www.ultimomotors.com/invento...ad2a94cs766064

It's a decently well-optioned 2012 6 speed for I'd say a fair price at 89k. I'm wondering if the carbon hood/mirrors/intakes are off-putting to buyers or if something else is going on.

Any experience with Ultimo in Chicago?
Old 02-23-2019, 08:44 PM
hsiaochinsan
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

Price seems very good. Is the record clean ?
Old 02-23-2019, 09:32 PM
Cosmo Kramer
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 75 Posts

Autocheck says clean title, seems almost too good to be true.
Old 02-23-2019, 10:59 PM
Metaphysician
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 92 Posts

Seems like a really good deal. I don't like black, but this car has a nice touch of aggression with the rear bumper and wing. I like the carbon bits since it's subtle detail that you can appreciate up close. Mileage is not low, but not high either. Seems like a great car to enjoy. I'd check it out in person and see where a PPI guides you.
Old 02-23-2019, 11:16 PM
CT944
Drifting

Received 157 Likes on 110 Posts

I like the car too. Yellow brakes but not PCCBs. Likely some other mods (ECU and Exhaust). Miles are a bit high for me, otherwise I’d be very interested.
Old 02-24-2019, 06:00 AM
Romulus90
Advanced

My main concerns are whether the carbon pieces are OEM Porsche or aftermarket, centerlock wheels (a negative IMO), and whether Ultimo will allow PPIs. I've spoken to other dealers recently (RAC in Dallas for one) who seem to not want buyers to have full PPI info.

Black isn't my favorite either, in fact its the one color i really don't want. However, I'm on a bit of a time table now to buy and honestly my favorite color, Mexico Blue, is a unicorn so I'm debating having the car painted once I buy it. Clearly not the cheapest method, but much easier considering the vast majority of 911s are black/silver/gray.
Old 02-24-2019, 09:30 AM
Metaphysician
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Romulus90
My main concerns are whether the carbon pieces are OEM Porsche or aftermarket, centerlock wheels (a negative IMO), and whether Ultimo will allow PPIs. I've spoken to other dealers recently (RAC in Dallas for one) who seem to not want buyers to have full PPI info.

Black isn't my favorite either, in fact its the one color i really don't want. However, I'm on a bit of a time table now to buy and honestly my favorite color, Mexico Blue, is a unicorn so I'm debating having the car painted once I buy it. Clearly not the cheapest method, but much easier considering the vast majority of 911s are black/silver/gray.
I would not paint a car like this. Wrap all the way. A color change is so expensive and tedious to get right. If a shop doesn't let you do a PPI, then I would move on. They are either hiding something or don't care enough about their customers to stand behind their products. Center locks look cool, but not worth the hassle. It wouldn't be a deal breaker for me though if everything else was right with the car. The carbon interior pieces look OEM. Not sure about the exterior stuff. I'd assume worst case that they're not and factor that into your price (or maybe the dealer already did).
Old 02-24-2019, 09:45 AM
cyclrder
Pro

Received 206 Likes on 127 Posts

I can't imagine that the carbon pieces are OEM....that would have been very expensive.
It is a well executed modded car. Personally I probably wouldn't have painted the calipers yellow. It would always be a pain to have to explain that actually... no, they aren't PCCBs. At least he didn't put a "S" or "RS" on the car.

If the car had not been modified it would be worth more but at the end of the day, you would really enjoy this car and you won't be worrying about putting miles on her.... I'd low ball them and use the fact that it has been "modded" against the selling price.
Old 02-24-2019, 10:13 AM
Metaphysician
Rennlist Member

Car had interior carbon package: https://vinanalytics.com/car/WP0AD2A94CS766064/
Old 02-24-2019, 10:23 AM
cyclrder
Pro

Received 206 Likes on 127 Posts

I was referring the exterior pieces as far as carbon probably not OEM.. the hood would be $9200, mirrors $3K, and so on.... and this car has most likely been painted by just the fact that the rear section is GT2RS style... unless they could have just painted that section and bolted it on.
Old 02-24-2019, 01:15 PM
TBarrow
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

They listed the car back in July at $97,800. Agreed that the exhaust has been done and possibly ECU. It retains the factory air filter. I am not a fan of the yellow calipers but that is me. I would ask for pictures of the inside of the hood to verify full carbon fiber.
Old 02-24-2019, 04:07 PM
Metaphysician
Rennlist Member

Looks like it has RS style front fenders too (rolled lip and wider side marker). Somebody did some nice work on this car to make it look like a GT2RS homage.
Old 02-24-2019, 04:29 PM
usrodeo4
Three Wheelin'

Received 583 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by Romulus90
https://www.ultimomotors.com/invento...ad2a94cs766064

It's a decently well-optioned 2012 6 speed for I'd say a fair price at 89k. I'm wondering if the carbon hood/mirrors/intakes are off-putting to buyers or if something else is going on.

Any experience with Ultimo in Chicago?
CF is damn expensive...FYI, the Porsche factory CF hood is $11,000 and change. I'd want the OEM hood too if I could get it but the CF would not be off putting for me unless it was flimsy stuff that didn't use the factory hinges. If the PPI is good the $89K looks cheap to me...I paid $85 K for mine last summer when it was OEM with 20K miles.
Old 02-25-2019, 02:31 PM
Romulus90
Advanced

Spoke to the dealer.. The carbon pieces are not OEM (hey, one can hope, right?), though they are full carbon and not carbon "look". They did not know the manufacturer. The wing appears to be a Sharkwerks piece.

The exhaust is supposedly factory with different tips to fit the bumper and the ECU has not been tuned.

The Ultimo salesman told me they would gladly arrange a PPI, but the nearest Porsche dealer who would do it was 40 miles away. he recommended a nearby independent shop (Village Automotive), though Village's website doesn't indicate they are Porsche certified or cater to specialty cars. It appears to be a normal auto garage. After my phone call, I got a follow-up email from the manager saying they no longer do outside PPIs because "the dealerships and service shops today just rip cars apart rather than doing actual inspections...resulting in unnecessary quoted repairs." Bottom line: they will take the car to an independent general mechanic for an inspection, but not a P-car dealer. That's a red-flag to me.
Old 02-25-2019, 02:39 PM
USNA12
Banned

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Did you look at this one? If you want speed then I can assume this is a beast...3.8l build with 65mm turbos probably running an E85 tune

https://www.ultimomotors.com/invento...cd29989s773475

Quick Reply: Thoughts on this car FS? Ultimo Chicago