Sponsored by:

WOOHOO... 30 days and waiting..

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 09:06 PM
B-Line
Drifting

Received 87 Likes on 48 Posts
Default WOOHOO... 30 days and waiting..

Holy crapola.. I think I just found my car (Mr. Animal).

- Made some more calls this morning and surprisingly got a call back from a dealer. He just received a 997 TT,
Slate Grey, Black/full leather.
Black Matts
Porsche Crest in Headrest
thicker steering wheel
sport shifter
sport chrono pkg
heated front seats
sport seats w full leather interior
remote cd changer (for sale if anyone wants it )
$130,505 (MSRP)

Does not have, rear lock differential, PCCB, or Adaptive but I don't think I care. Your thoughts?

-- So here's the catch, I have to wait about a month even though it is there now. Evidently there is some "Porsche Parade" and the dealership wants to keep the car until after the event is over in August.

I put down a deposit and the car is mine... Just waiting for my final paperwork..

Mr. Animal, come on home
WOOHOO...

B
Old 07-12-2006, 09:16 PM
drbf
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats, make sure they are not going to use the TT as a demo. I am waiting until Jan 07
Old 07-12-2006, 09:40 PM
B-Line
Drifting

They told me, car might have 100 miles on it from driving it back and forth from dealership to display area however, there will be no test driving the car.

I guess I could live with that.. I'm not that **** and will make sure that the car is pristine when I take delivery or I won't sign the deal..

Do you think this is a bad idea?
Old 07-12-2006, 09:53 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

That's awesome, and I certainly can't fault the color choice!

Ask them to let you drive it in the parade, so you will be the one to put on the mileage (if its a relatively local dealer).

If you can trust them to take very good care of it, the 100 miles is not really a big deal. Go for it if you are satisfied with the options!

Let us know how it goes....
Old 07-12-2006, 11:06 PM
B-Line
Drifting

Thanks Dog,

I think it was seeing the pics of your car that persuaded me to close the deal. It's such a stunning color. Hope you don't mind another slate grey metallic on the block.
I don't really mind someone driving it in the parade. I would assume they would choose someone smart enough to not beat the car. I know if I owned the dealership, I would put it into the hands of someone trustworthy.

I don't think they would let me drive it unless I closed the deal before the parade. Then I would be working for the Pcar dealership for a few days and I've got more pressing commitments that occupy my time. I do understand your reasoning though..

B
Old 07-12-2006, 11:43 PM
Terrence
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Great news. Beautiful color as I said before. Are you buying or leasing? If you are leasing, you may want to have them lock in today's rate and residual. Otherwise, it sounds like its as early as you can get your hands on one.
Congrats! Look forward to seeing it.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:20 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

The only thing I'd lament is the LSD, but hey, Walter says you don't really need it afterall!
Old 07-13-2006, 01:39 AM
B-Line
Drifting

Originally Posted by C4S Surgeon
The only thing I'd lament is the LSD, but hey, Walter says you don't really need it afterall!
Yeah but Walter is a better driver than me..

In all seriousness though, I don't have limited slip on my current 911. There have been a couple times on the track I wish I did have it but my 993 is RWD. I don't see it being that big a deal on a AWD not to have it.

Not having it has never been a problem, just some times I get minimal wheel spin in certain corners. Now since the car is not a competition vehicle, do I really care if I shave of a few tenth's of seconds because I don't have it? I don't think it will be missed. I'm also quite sure those front wheels pulling me through will fix the problem.

B
Old 07-13-2006, 01:42 AM
B-Line
Drifting

Originally Posted by Terrence
Great news. Beautiful color as I said before. Are you buying or leasing? If you are leasing, you may want to have them lock in today's rate and residual. Otherwise, it sounds like its as early as you can get your hands on one.
Congrats! Look forward to seeing it.
Even though I am a big fan of leasing, I am going to buy this car. Since it will not be my daily driver, I am not going to use the 12K miles you pay for on a lease. So why pay for mileage I'm not using.
Besides, I flip daily drivers every 3 years. My 993 I've had for 5 years now. Point is, Pcar's are keepers.

B
Old 07-13-2006, 08:44 AM
Sobe
Pro

hey told me, car might have 100 miles on it from driving it back and forth from dealership to display area however, there will be no test driving the car.
tell them you will pay for flat bed to the shows ... do not them someone drive your new TT Brake in period it so important and 100 miles of someone driving it you do not know no way , you know they are going to exceed the RPM's that it needs to stay under .
Old 07-13-2006, 10:31 AM
drbf
Pro

B-Line, go for it........ sounds great.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:45 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Yeah, if you already have a deposit on the car, nobody should be 'driving' it other than you. let potantial customers test drive somebody else's car.

Quick Reply: WOOHOO... 30 days and waiting..