blue devil spy shots

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 12:04 AM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default blue devil spy shots

-blue devil spy shots and text from winding road

This might look like an ‘ordinary’ Z06 with a funky hood scoop, but the crack shooters from Brenda Priddy’s crew, with with their long lenses and tuned ears, tell us this Corvette is anything but ordinary.

Shooter Chris Doane claims that the sound coming from the engine could only be a supercharged 6.2-liter V-8, and our sources speculate that this Corvette is pushing nearly 650-horsepower! And when the Corvette SS goes to production– expect the price tag to be in the $100,000 range.

The supercharged V-8 will utilize an integrated intake manifold intercooler, and it’s expected to run a 0-60 in under 3.5 seconds. The super-hot SS will weigh even less than the Z06, utilizing more carbon fiber in the body, as well as polycarbonate material.

The 6.2-liter V-8 will be built at GM’s Performance Center in Wixom, Michigan, with annual production numbers expected to be in the 1500-2000 range. Production on this special Corvette, also known for some time as the Blue Devil, will start in the first quarter of 2008 (as a 2009 model).

As for its exact name – well, we’re hearing everything from Corvette SS, to Z07, to resurrecting the Stingray name. Don’t count out the Mako Shark name, either.
Old 10-07-2006, 01:05 AM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think there is a lot more going on underneath that body because the outside looks like a plain (if you could call it "plain") Z06.

Lot of excitement in the Corvette community on this car...time will tell.
Old 10-07-2006, 02:01 AM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Great if you want a dragster - but without suspension upgrades that's gonna be alot of ponies and now reins to steer her with...
Old 10-07-2006, 06:39 AM
Vincy
Advanced

Default ZO7

This looks like it will be awsome. I placed a deposit on one several months ago.
Old 10-07-2006, 09:40 AM
cooperlee
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

GSUS! with simple bolt on mods, this beast can crack the 800hp with ease!!!!! now they should make this thing awd!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-07-2006, 12:20 PM
Tahoe M3
Advanced

Looks very interesting, but you have to wonder if there's enough rubber in those tires to keep the thing on the road. How wide can they go in the rear? The Z06 has 325 rears...I wonder if they can fit 345s back there, because they're going to need it.
Old 10-08-2006, 03:46 AM
2k7997tt
Advanced

It still looks like a 'Vette.
Old 10-08-2006, 04:02 AM
riotgear
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by 2k7997tt
It still looks like a 'Vette.
gotta love the porsche fanboys.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:04 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like my man frayed said;

No matter how fast you are, you can't outrun ugly.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:00 AM
TAILWAG
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by riotgear
Yup...unfortunately, there will always be some of those....
Old 10-08-2006, 01:29 PM
amerlemans
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by riotgear

Whats wrong with saying you don't like the looks of a Corvette? How many times do you hear this from the Vette fanboys about the P car--- "looks like a VW"

Looks are subjective. Its a fact of life. I personally don't find anything appealing about the styling of a Vette. Looks like its *** end was chopped off. I don't like the looks of the Lambo either. I know I am in the minority on that one...but its MY opinion. The looks of a Ferrari 360 or an AM Vantage, Vanquish? VERY HOT!!....just my opinion
Old 10-08-2006, 03:46 PM
2k7997tt
Advanced

I think the lack of styling/design of the 'Vette is a prominent problem in all US manufactured cars. Why can't the US manufacturers design a car that turns heads like a Ferrari or Lamborghini? Why do US car manufacturers continue to pump out thoughtless blobs of steel like the Mustang/Vette/Camaro? The answer lies in the ability of the average American to discern style and quality. In comparison to our European brethren, Americans are unsophisticated and poorly refined. (A comparison of a bidet to toilet paper is appropriate here.) As long as there is demand for newspapers written at a 6th grade reading level here in the US there will be a demand for Mustangs/Vettes/Camaros and other thoughtlessly designed and poorly engineered American products.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:50 PM
TAILWAG
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the lack of styling/design of the 'Vette is a prominent problem in all US manufactured cars. Why can't the US manufacturers design a car that turns heads like a Ferrari or Lamborghini? Why do US car manufacturers continue to pump out thoughtless blobs of steel like the Mustang/Vette/Camaro? The answer lies in the ability of the average American to discern style and quality. In comparison to our European brethren, Americans are unsophisticated and poorly refined. (A comparison of a bidet to toilet paper is appropriate here.) As long as there is demand for newspapers written at a 6th grade reading level here in the US there will be a demand for Mustangs/Vettes/Camaros and other thoughtlessly designed and poorly engineered American products.
at least you did not bring up the interior...that used to be the only excuse before...
Old 10-08-2006, 11:54 PM
BBGT2
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TAILWAG
at least you did not bring up the interior...that used to be the only excuse before...

As if that isnt enough.

Bajo
Old 10-08-2006, 11:55 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We agree the Vette/Camero/Stang are fugly. However I'm not so sure it's because consumers here are so unsophisticated. I think it is the Detroit design school that is lacking. Over the years thay have managed to turn out some pretty cars, but it's kind of like an infinate numer of Chimps and an infinate number of keyboards thing.

I just watched football today, my only real TV watching and it seems like trucks and SUV's are all that Detroit is pushing, but that's why they are financially in the dump too.

In cars, the Japanese and to a smaller extent the Germans own them.

Bidets are cool though

And finally to the youths referring to "Porsche fanboys". You're way off mark. I find the Porsche looks handsome, but there are several other designs I like much better. It's just that Porsche also builds a reliable car that I can drive daily and enjoy. Corvettes sadly, aren't just fugly, they're a PITA to drive daily for many reasons. But I think mainly because Detroits designers know they have to appeal to a certain lacking in some men. Ask any chick, she'll tell ya straight up what the problem is...

Quick Reply: blue devil spy shots