Sponsored by:

997TT CAB - 50K Over

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 01:28 AM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Eric - Plug Guy
The premium is actually about $13,000 over coupe. But no biggie.

The issue here is about a dealer asking 50k over list. Insane but some crazy nut will buy it.

As for the total profit in the car, it's north of 25k with options. Amazing.
FYI, there is not 25 k profit between invoice and Msrp, even if you include the hold back, it is not even close.............
Old 09-12-2007, 06:50 AM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 190 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by pole position
FYI, there is not 25 k profit between invoice and Msrp, even if you include the hold back, it is not even close.............
I spec'd one recently that stickered at 155. There was 28k in it.

Now a dealer will always argue that point. They will claim not to get the entire percentage profit on the sale until after the CSI numbers, quotas, etc. The only 'holdback' is that Porsche allows approx 13% profit to the dealer at sale, and the remaining (approx 5%) profit is earned.

That's fine. Bottom line is, there is plenty of profit in this car, and in most cases well more than 15%. And yes, I have direct dealer information confirming same.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 09-12-2007, 02:06 PM
pole position
Burning Brakes

I am sure you are the expert on plugs and I would never attempt to question your expertise.

It is safe to say that I know way more about the car business than you and are annoyed that you spread misinformation labeled as "facts" .

Instead of 25 it is 28 now ? LOL. So the Gt2 is going to have 35 then and the Carr GT must have been 80 ?

So when can i start at this dealership of heaven ?
Old 09-12-2007, 05:11 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pole position
I am sure you are the expert on plugs and I would never attempt to question your expertise.

It is safe to say that I know way more about the car business than you and are annoyed that you spread misinformation labeled as "facts" .

Instead of 25 it is 28 now ? LOL. So the Gt2 is going to have 35 then and the Carr GT must have been 80 ?

So when can i start at this dealership of heaven ?
Eric doesn't remain anonymous, he puts himself out there, whether you agree with his "facts" or not.

Since you claim to have extensive car business and dealership knowledge, and by reading many of your posts in the past, it is apparent that you do, how about telling us more about yourself and who you are? I would think you have a lot to contribute to a fish like me who buys these cars on a irrationally regular basis.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:04 PM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the compliment.

However, if I would still be in that business I would never post, period. Call me old fashioned.

There is a pretty good chance that we have met or I even have sold you a car in the past.

BTW, I am a nobody. I like it that way. Bukowski would call it " Memoirs of a dirty old car salesman"
Old 09-13-2007, 06:58 PM
blueline
Advanced

I was just at the dealer here in Charlotte where they had an Atlas Cab on the showroom floor. THe salesman said it was for sale at sticker price. Anyone interested, PM me for info.

Chris
Old 09-19-2007, 06:37 PM
AAFLYER
AutoX

I agree with Ken. They can ask whatever they want. As soon as more cabs hit the dealerships, people will not pay a premium. There are plenty of people who want it now, and don't want to wait months to order a car. I have bought three cars from Auto Gallery, never had an issue.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:03 PM
george_k
Instructor

xx

Quick Reply: 997TT CAB - 50K Over